13 weeks

Eldo

20 hours ago, JamieThePainter said:

4 weeks veg time in NFT has me worried about my tent size.

😳

23 hours ago, Eldo said:

Think the switch to Coco is coming but I've got 4 bags of clover to use and very little money for ec pen and new nites

Just coco. And you don't need a wand or a pen in coco if you hand water. Reservoirs need EC & pens but hand water is x/ml usually, and tap water is in the range. Try it, I guarantee you'll be impressed. Don't bother with dirt.

• Like 1

@Eldo those led strips are blue light. you'll get much faster growth under a full spectrum led, as soon as there ready, whack em under the attis

umol wise, 52w of led strips isn't much, attis will k ock that out the park.

more light = more energy = faster growth

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

@sweettooth I know it's far from ideal but gives me a headstart. Will look to upgrade sometime soon but the next run will be started under the lumatek as I need to shut down operations for a few weeks so hopefully they speed ahead this time

Fuck it Coco it is....as well as the 4 bags of clover just bought a load of soil nutes. The allotment will be blooming next year I guess.

@Slippy One what nutes should I look at that give x ml per litre feeding schedule?

Shit I know nothing about Coco better get researching 

• Like 1

I use Growers Ark hard water edition for liquid feed in the nursery and beanstalk crf pellets for flowering in coco. 

growers ark say 3-5ml of each (A&B). I use 2ml, with a 1ml/litre of mono mg ever other watering to correct the cal:mag tap water ratio from 19:1 closer to the 3:1 standard. :yep: 

pretty sure any nutrient bottles will have dose instructions on the label.. 

• Like 1

@Slippy One any info on the beanstalk crf pellets? Ive never geard of them but have been looking for something to simplify feeding. Are they good for all stages and how much are you using in your pots?

I'm about 2pm higher in Ca than you on the ratio so I'm hoping it might be exactly what I'm after.

10 hours ago, EarLobe said:

@Slippy One any info on the beanstalk crf pellets? Ive never geard of them but have been looking for something to simplify feeding. Are they good for all stages and how much are you using in your pots?

Loads of info, doses on the packs. As for the whole cycle, I’m only using them for flowering and outdoor growing in the garden, but their ‘Absolute Flower’ ‘V-Basis’ and a smidge of ‘K-boost’ is working great with just tap water..no ph’ing. I do occasionally add a half dose of silica in late veg, early flowering but that’s it. 

Just water is hard to beat for ease of growing. There’s a lot of people skeptical and a few who just outright hate/distrust pellet food in general but I don’t see the problem. Expensive to buy but cheap per grow if that makes sense. 

10 hours ago, EarLobe said:

I'm about 2pm higher in Ca than you on the ratio so I'm hoping it might be exactly what I'm after.

Yeah nasty hard! just mono mg or Epsom salts every so often. Good luck whatever you chose. 👍🏼

• Like 1

just coco, gravity fed tap water, Beanstalk CRF and sunshine. Doable indoors too with minor complications.. 

large.IMG_4614.jpeg.247459a97da1438ae24c24474c67d101.jpeglarge.IMG_4610.jpeg.740c2fc740717227c194b0a21c7a3833.jpeglarge.IMG_4616.jpeg.fd311731597724f3f298d6ad9225e8e0.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply @Slippy One. I chucked a load of stuff in thr basket on their site last night but didn't order until id seen your reply. Did you order direct from them?

Can't complain about those in the picture, lovely colour on all parts. Lovely little space you go out back there mate. Would love something a tad more private.

Yeah, they don’t have a UK distributer as of yet, so the UK prices still include international shipping from Florida. If you spend less than £130 there’s no import tax. If you’re just exploring, the 1lb bags are more than adequate. 

Just to remain partial, there are plenty of other brands of controlled release ferts, it’s just that some are more geared towards canna (and coco), so I’m going with a known source on this one. Price is not a problem for me, as the £30 Absolute Flower pellets cost £2.07 for (32g dose) for my 1 plant SCROG, and .84p worth if their K-Boost pellets (12g). There’s probably cheaper alternatives but at what expense? 

Like dry herb vaping, we didn’t have this canna specific tech when I was young.. technology has improved things lately.. 😇

• Like 1

On 28/08/2024 at 17:24, Flamedodger said:

😳

For clarity, it's the potential stretch that has me worried after the 4 weeks of veg, not the height of the plants in actual veg.  Maybe it's the water I use, but my girls always sprout like fuckery once I turn the pump on 24/7.

On 30/08/2024 at 11:02, JamieThePainter said:

For clarity, it's the potential stretch that has me worried after the 4 weeks of veg, not the height of the plants in actual veg.  Maybe it's the water I use, but my girls always sprout like fuckery once I turn the pump on 24/7.

Had a peep at my mates just before he chopped, I think he did fast amnesia and vegged for 4 weeks……it was a jungle 🤣 and a few burnt buds 😁 

• Like 1