Soaking Ye Bits?

Chal

How d'ye do it, please, lads?

See; As an XMax and S&B user? The most thing I'll ever need to get in, at once, would really be the Cooling Unit of my Crafty+. Yeah? Half a dozen caps and lids will always find room, in what ever that's in.

But, that's the rub, lads: What little hack have You come up with, please? Something 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1" would do it. Good, waterproof lid, obviously. I can just tuck away on my desk.

I turned the local emporium upside down, yesterday. Scoured Tom's. Nearest thing I could come up with was rather good: Outside box, for plug sockets? Rubber seal, of course. And a nice looking clip / lock. Only, at Two plug size? I think One would've been perfect!

What it is; I've been using pharmacy pill pots. Round. And, it's just a chore, trying to winkle out a tiny cap lid, with a cocktail stick! I want to set a little drain rack, in mine. Just looking for that, what? 3" x 3" max little box 😐

Anyone?

42 minutes ago, Chal said:

The most thing I'll ever need to get in, at once, would really be the Cooling Unit of my Crafty+. Yeah?

Wat the shit are you on about?

• Haha 4

I'm using a take away plastic container. You can buy them from supermarkets in a little stack of 5 but most people have shit loads from all the chow meins. I do anyway.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KC said:

I'm using a take away plastic container.

Thanks, KC. I was looking at ye bod standard 'plastic food container' stuff. Alright, as far as it goes. But, I've now discovered " Electrical Enclosures ".

I can't be doing with the faff of showing ye the 'ideal' one I've found. Suffice to say it is close to ideal. 4" square. Hinged, transparent, lid. Lid is hinged and has a sealing flange and catch! (Drool!) Trouble is? USA. And they want $50!!! That's Before!!!

:thumsup: Whoah!!! Just scored a Litre of iso, under a score, delivered! That's fantastic! Thirty odd yo, before, was the best I was coming up with!

Chatting to someone, elsewhere. If I can pin one of these 'fancy' ones down? Be great! (Just Not the guts of a fucking Ton, great! 😱)

• Like 1

Wait what? Yer looking for something to iso vape bits in?

Have you considered just using borosilicate glass?

Pyrex cook and freeze dishes are my go to tubs for cleaning stuff like that.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Have you considered just using borosilicate glass?

A lesser man might have considered skinning spliffs, again, at this rate! 😂

No, seriously, Bilge? I know pretty much exactly what I want. Much more importantly? I know Why.

I don't snatch random ideas out of the air. Then question them here. I have ideas which I quietly follow through. Some stump me. And, as I don't go to pubs or work alongside people? I ask the next best thing :)

But, yeah: Glass? Not round here. Dogs and a crowded desk, see? Maybe a new desk would be simpler? :D

On 24/08/2024 at 19:28, Chal said:

Maybe a new desk would be simpler? :D

😎 Patience, muvva fukkas!

Meanwhile! :D Believe it or not, but, it was finding I had this bit of perforated sheet that set me thinking! (I'm like that) So, I hunted down a decent vessel:

The-Makings.png

That's a 6 x 4 x 3"H box. Clear Lidded.Waterproof. Catches. Sixteen quid. Stupid money. But, it beat that other fucker! :ninja:

Little glimpse into my usual, beautifully Artisanal, workshop. Just for atmosphere:

Make-Ready.jpg

Did I say 'Waterproof'? Look at that level!

The-Level.png

And, finally? Pure fucking satisfaction. Having achieved what I set out to do, on a whim :)

Swak.jpg

Little bonus: See that brass lug, centre right? There's two of them. They're short of 1/2" high. Mesh rests on them? All the dirty shit will sink below.

So, I can lift the rack / basket out, without having to dig around, for my bits, without stirring the shit up ;) That pleases me too.

And, for my mate, @CuriousOrange, who's probably thinking, like; 'Yeah, yeah. Very good :meloni: Now; Where's the fucking Debowler?!?' ?

Ye can trust me, mate :yep: Shit ~ this, actually. But, much more besides ~ was cropping up. My mind was distracted.

One doesn't get to where I've got, on that thing, Then start experimenting with brand new blow torches and its effects on the Actual project, while Distracted! 😱 Fuck, no!

Getting shit done now though. Hope to be back to That, any day now.

And I really Am getting these constant mind flashes about this new Desk I, so fucking seriously, need! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you go back to school and learn Grammar? A Capital letter after a Comma? Just no. Capital A and D :rofl:

One doesn't get to where I've got, on that thing, Then start experimenting with brand new blow torches and its effects on the Actual project, while Distracted! 😱 Fuck, no!

Chal, that made to size chip frying basket is indeed a very satisfying thing. Your random Eureka! moment makes sense now.

Hows the milk jug doing?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2024 at 19:25, sweettooth said:

I just use a takeaway tub, free

Yeah. But; I've read " Red Dragon " :D

6" x 4" x 2 3/4" Deep. Waterproof Seals. Locking catches. Transparrant lid, while safe to tip over. Self supplied grill, to leave the shit behind. Looks Alright, in a room.

Bits-Bath.jpg

Bits-Bath-1.jpg

£17.00.

:yep:

• Like 1

Amazing job.

My question to everyone:

If the alchool is food grade.....cleaning the vape, can be used as green golden dragon techniques or the plastic can realease some chemical?

These cooling unit after one month are creamy of ..... What's is it? Resin? Rubbish?

But full of things.

I wonder what

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

If the alchool is food grade.....cleaning the vape, can be used as green golden dragon techniques or the plastic can realease some chemical?

ISO is really bad for you. You dont want to be ingesting that shit.

Glass just seems a better idea than plastic to me. Ive always use a small kilner jar to clean my bits. I leave the ISO in it and reuse for months at a time.  You can get 5L of ISO on ebay for about £17.