Can I use natural light when growing indoors?

TinyM

If you have a south facing velux window then yes. Got this Dutch Passion Auto Euphoria on my windowsill right now. That or a conservatory, anything else and you'll struggle to get any decent buds. Careful of the stink though, my whole flat absolutely kifs of skunk at the moment....

large.20240807_103305.jpg.3e74024b15de94de4e7ed2152b38bde9.jpg

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

They will grow, just not as well or healthy as in a controlled environment.

How long is a piece of string lol

Anywhere from 0g to 3+kg, just depends how big you get it before flower and how well you grow it.

thank you. is there any advice you can give for a yield around 6 to 7 ounces a plant?

My advice would be not to look at yield in terms of per plant and more as grams per watt of light or square foot of floor space. 6 ounces off a plant 8 foot tall  and 6 foot round is very easy but takes a lot of time/resources/space. 6 ounces off a plant 3.5 foot tall in a 2 foot square area is harder to achieve, but it takes a lot less time/resources/space. Also I'd say quality is more important than yield, if you focus on that the yield usually comes with it anyway. 

What part of the world are you in by the way? If it's in the northern hemisphere then you'll have to wait till spring to grow in a windowsill and even then you'll be lucky to get any smoke at all, let alone 6 ounces. That girl in the picture is a freak of nature, the others I've grown in the same spot have been about a quarter to half the size and average out at about half an ounce each. 

Better to get a small tent/cupboard/fridge and grow in that, have a look at my kosher kush diary in my signature or the micro grow subsection in the lighting section. 

Edited by MindSoup

There's just too manyy variables to make that call if I'm honest. If it's your first grow you'll likely make a few mistakes so I'd recommend approaching it as a learning experience and just see what you get. Like I say though don't underestimate the smell unless you live in the middle of nowhere, easy way to get busted. 

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

If you have a south facing velux window then yes. Got this Dutch Passion Auto Euphoria on my windowsill right now. That or a conservatory, anything else and you'll struggle to get any decent buds. Careful of the stink though, my whole flat absolutely kifs of skunk at the moment....

large.20240807_103305.jpg.3e74024b15de94de4e7ed2152b38bde9.jpg

nice spot of monkeys shoulder in the background there , admire your choices

• Like 1

I'm more amazed at the booze still being there.

I've got an empty rack for wine bottles and an empty cupboard for my whisky.  Every now and then a bottle will sit in there til the weekend but it's all over after that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

monkeys shoulder

It's nice isn't it, gift from the MIL. I dunno if it's just the name but I swear it has a sort of banana taste to it. I've fallen in love with whiskey over the last couple of years, don't know anything about it mind. I'm a bit wet though, I like the softer ones, not big on the peaty TCP sort of flavour lol

@JamieThePainterlol 

It's a revolving door TBH, although there's enough there that things tend to hang about for a while, I'm also one of those people who doesn't like finishing things, got loads of bottles with just a wee bit left in the bottom, same with weed jars....