" The Steam "

Chal

Was watching various chube stuff, last night. Like ye do. Gear oriented stuff. Vapes 'n what not. All I remember, now, is some bloke who absolutely cracked it, when he referred to the stuff coming out of his vape ~ Dyna, I think? ~ as " Steam "!

And I thought; 'Yes!!! That's what I've always thought, myself. But, just Hearing it made it right :D

That's how I'd explain it though. Simply. Like: 'If ye Smoke? Ye set fire to the vegetation and inhale the smoke. If ye Vape? Ye, basically, boil the vegetation and breathe in the Steam.

Yep. :)

• Like 2

It's vapour, steam is when you put fresh material in a conduction vape, in my case a Pax2 and it literally steams it lol

not pleasant

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

lol I remember sitting at a bus stop vapeing with my ecig (just nicotine) and some old busybody tutted and pointed at the No Smoking sign, trying to explain that I wasn't smoking and the difference between smoke and vapour was like trying to talk to her in Martian lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Steam is vapour that is condensing so I guess it’s both with a little smoke chucked in. 

Ffs I got sucked in :wallbash:

• Haha 2

Nope, vapeing and smoking are two completely different things, one involves combustion the other one doesn't.

41 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Nope, vapeing and smoking are two completely different things, one involves combustion the other one doesn't.

do you need actual combustion to take place for smoke or just a high enough temp ?

11 minutes ago, Joolz said:

do you need actual combustion to take place for smoke or just a high enough temp ?

You need combustion, smoke is by definition the suspended particulates and gas produced by combustion and pyrolysis.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Boojum said:

You need combustion, smoke is by definition the suspended particulates and gas produced by combustion and pyrolysis.

so why does my volcano set the smoke alarm off when used at higher temps but the kettle doesnt ?

• Like 1

I dunno, could be the temperature of the volcano is set high enough to reach the combustion temperature of some of the chamicals in the weed, could be that it's still only vapourising them but the vapour is dense enough to set off the smoke alarm (I think smoke alarm sensors, at least some, work using a beam of light, particulates will block it setting it off but I'd assume sufficiently dense vapour would also block the light beam) :unsure:

The steam from my shower sets off the smoke alarm if I leave the bathroom door open, if I hit the vape hard it can set it off too.

• Like 1

I think a volcano can get high enough temps to actually burn the weed, that's why I don't turn mine up high unless there is hash in it.

20 minutes ago, Joolz said:

so why does my volcano set the smoke alarm off

Same reason when I leave the bathroom door open after a shower.

Edited by Military Grade

58 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Same reason when I leave the bathroom door open after a shower.

you smoke your volcano in the shower ? 😂

• Haha 6