Dependence on blessed herb for sleep.

whoknows

Dependence on Blessed herb for sleep.  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do folks here rely on blessed herb to fall asleep? Do you use indicas? I fall into patterns sometimes I use it at night to help me sleep at other nights I wonder why I don’t use it every night 😀

• Like 1

What is "blessed herb"?

Is it like cannabis but from the Vatican city?

• Haha 9

9 minutes ago, whoknows said:

Do folks here rely on blessed herb to fall asleep? Do you use indicas? I fall into patterns sometimes I use it at night to help me sleep at other nights I wonder why I don’t use it every night 😀

yes heavy indicas definitely help sleep

• Like 4

I have indicas for night time and when my world wobbles a bit and use statavi (can't spell it) for day time which helps me get of my arse and do something 

• Like 3

🤔 I really had no idea which option I should choose. Sorry.

I 'smoke' / vape pretty much 'throughout'. I then get knackered, eventually. And go to bed, where I sleep like the just.

But; Am I relying on the herb? In the context of ye question? Dunno!

Can I sleep without? Absolutely! Done it shit loads!

Am I Happy to sleep 'sober' / 'unmedicated'? No. But, unlike alcohol, it won't be physically Dangerous for me to go without.

But, frankly? The sleeping bit is just something I always do. Dope never really factors into it though. Bottom line 😐

• Like 1

No weed yet has helped my Insomnia, it only seems to make it worse and cause more broken sleep once I do Driff off

• Like 2
  • WOW 1

4 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

No weed yet has helped my Insomnia, it only seems to make it worse and cause more broken sleep once I do Driff off

Edibles FTW!

I struggle to stay awake after one or two oil infused hot chocolates.

I could smoke all night though and be high as shit and still not sleepy, especially if my tolerance is low.

• Like 3

I do find that the temp I set my vape at as a effect on me 

The lower the more up and lively but higher is more drowsy 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, splifi said:

Deffo a thing.

THC vapes at a lower temp than CBN/CBD so the higher the temp the more sedative the effect.

If you want to get super-high then just collect the keif crystals and vape them at a low temp - lovely stuff!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, splifi said:

2 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

THC vapes at a lower temp than CBN/CBD so the higher the temp the more sedative the effect.

The experience based info I been wanting. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put never because although I often go to bed stoned (and sometimes have a bedtime spliff) I don't depend on it for sleep, I don't find that weed makes me sleep and it never has. I used to be dependent on booze for sleep, I drank myself unconscious pretty much every night and when I quit I found it very hard to get to sleep for a good few months, but my body has kinda 're-learned' how to get to sleep naturally now :)

E2A Still get some nights of insomnia, when that happens I generally just put an audiobook or a radio drama on BBC Sounds on very quietly so I can only just hear it and that usually helps me drift off eventually.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

From a quick Google (and a blatant copy-paste steal!) its roughly:

Compound

Temperature°C

Info

THC

157 °C

It has both euphoric and analgesic effects, induces a strong state of relaxation.

CBD

170 °C

It is known for its therapeutic effects. It can act as a counterpoint to the side effects of THC, such as anxiety.

Delta-8-THC

175 °C

This cannabinoid is very similar to THC but is more stable and less psychoactive.

CBN

185 °C

CBN is believed to break down THC and calms down.

CBC

220 °C

This cannabinoid has antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects.

THCV

220 °C

THCV dampens the psychoactive effects of THC. However, more research is needed in this regard.

Edited by DeltaMelter
removed links
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I often go to bed and think...mmm, I fancy a other joint 🤣 Sometimes I do 😅 those late night ones always hit hard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No I don't rely on it 

The conduction vs convection hit is different too 

more conduction results in a heavier more couchlock hit for me 

• Like 3

Anyone who tokes required weed to sleep due to the lack of endo-cannabinoids and thus effecting the circadian rhythm.

Quit weed and it takers about 6 weeks to sleep properly and no longer dependant

• Like 2