3rd time and i still dont know what im doing

tranlands

HELLO, ALL YOU GOOD FOLK AT 420

SO I'M HERE AGAIN,

THE FIRST 4 PICS WERE TAKEN ON THE 29TH JULY,UP TO THIS POINT THEY HAD ONLY BEEN GIVEN WATER,NO NUTES AS THEY'D BEEN POTTED UP FROM 1L POTS INTO 5L(LIGHT MIX TO ALLMIX),THIS WAS DONE ON THE 11TH JULY.

I SWITCHED TO FLOWER ON THE 31ST JULY AND GAVE THEM 1/2ML/L OF GROW,PH 6.3 THINKING THE SOIL HAD RUN IT'S COURSE,DIDN'T PUT ANY BLOOM AS READ A FEW SNIPPETS ON HERE SAYING,DONT REALLY NEED IT FOR THE 1ST COUPLE OF WEEKS IN FLOWER COZ THERE JUST STRETCHING AND NEED NITROGEN.

THE 5TH PIC WAS TAKEN ON 3RD AUG,NOW I'M THINKING, NEXT FEED I'LL GIVE THEM 1ML/L GROW,WHICH I DID ON 4TH.

THE NEXT FEED ON THE 8TH,8 DAYS IN FLOWER, I'M NOW THINKING CAL/MAG,BUT THEN THOUGHT EPSOM SALTS,FED THEM 1ML/L GROW/BLOOM,TABLESPOON(LITTLE BIT HEAPED) 5L WATER.HAD TO MAKE XTRA 3L(SPRAYER ONLY HOLDS 5L) WHICH I DIDN'T PUT EPSOM JUST NUTES.

THE NEXT PIC WAS TAKEN EARLIER AND THE LAST ONE,DUNNO HOW IT GOT THERE,BUT WAS TAKEN 29TH JULY.

REALLY COULD DO WITH SOME HELP,JUDGING BY HOW THEY'VE BEEN,NXT FEED PROB TUES.

TIA FOR ANY HELP/ADVICE..

large.CFC31216-0CCF-4099-B656-B18F13D49C06.jpeg.c29d1f3c89e8ddc59d2592aba3d9c1b9.jpeglarge.229B5DDB-5669-41A1-A9C8-D587EA4F56FE.jpeg.7cd4763d8467a65b543f6b7864d42b97.jpeglarge.534A65A9-EED6-4D7A-AAC5-A3CF981E27C5.jpeg.ea3360c3bb6390f123061f9b76a39ca6.jpeglarge.8F88AE22-E0F5-4B5C-9374-D6888A47C2E7.jpeg.eaeaa1a3ed99aa70bd61d90cf9142d75.jpeg3rd augustlarge.38040C1D-497E-4514-ACD8-E4581B07DAEA.jpeg.8cd7323548e4f9cf38fb7a7b931cbb1e.jpeglarge.D30133EF-525F-4CFD-BE75-E91EED4DDB95.jpeg.51d725bf30fae26337cbe48f45fb9f88.jpeg

• Like 1

Hiya @tranlands :) 

Try an turn keyCaps off,

you don’t have to shout lol

First thing I noticed is that the plant right in front on the floor fan has some yellowing leaves down low,

which leads me to thinking that you might be causing the temperature of the pot/medium to become too low(being moist and having too much airflow).

You can get thermometers for measuring pot temperature to confirm this.

I’d suggest turning the fan to face the wall or raising it up to have it pointing at the plants rather than the pots 👍

Plus keep all electrical switches etc off the floor,

accidents happen,

no need for it to result in fire or electrocution lol

I’m not seeing any flower development yet,

so just continue with the Grow feed for now :) 

Also you mentioned pH,

I dunno if that’s just a measurement or if you’ve adjusted it to that,

but you don’t need to pH in compost.

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

Alright shumroom,

didn't mean to shout😃,i do have a rootit thermostat but haven't got the mat yet to fit size of tent,only got small one that i sort of used for cuttings,but tbf,i had better results without.

the fan isn't a permanent fixture,but it does oscillate,had to use it coz me secret jardin packed up,not a very good lifespan,gonna order a spider farmer one,as alot of people use them on this site so cant be bad😉

I;ve got a heater inbetween pots that comes on if temp drops below 25c,. During the day the temps are hittig 29c at the top of plants,my thinking was the soil must be getting some of that heat,but will invest in mat.

So just give grow at 1ml/L?,how long for?,3rd week weds.

I really didn't know that you don't have to ph in soil,so i can just add the nutes to the water and give plants?😯.

Thank you for your reply

atb

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Bloody hell its getting worse!!!!!

What are they lacking?

large.IMG_0280.jpeg.453ea5abe9e337f0350fabf35b2066f6.jpeg

Edited by tranlands

From the top view I can see a gap around the edge of the pot which suggests you might be letting them dry out too much, you're also not feeding enough. What's this about a sprayer? You need a watering can mate.

Certainly no need to pH in compost and make sure you're feeding with every watering.

• Like 2

Hi mate,

Have you checked your local water report for cal / mag ratio?

the yellow leaves look like magnesium defficiency.

also make sure you are on a proper wet/dry cycle, as in drench the pot till runoff, then only water when it weight is about a 1/3rd of what it was when watereed originally

• Like 2

On 12/08/2024 at 12:46, KC said:

From the top view I can see a gap around the edge of the pot which suggests you might be letting them dry out too much, you're also not feeding enough. What's this about a sprayer? You need a watering can mate.

Certainly no need to pH in compost and make sure you're feeding with every watering.

Hello mate,yup ya right,i have let them dry out more than usual on a couple of occasions,because i thought that was the correct procedure,obviously wrong(something learned.

i do own a watering can,but the sprayer,which i got from the hydroponics shop, makes life a little easier for people with physical disabilities like myself.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2024 at 12:58, FruityHybrid said:

Hi mate,

Have you checked your local water report for cal / mag ratio?

Alright mate,no i haven't,could you tell me how to get one 

tia

12 hours ago, kerser said:

The net doesn't look like it's doing much 

it's not,i put it in to help with height.

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

the yellow leaves look like magnesium defficiency.

also make sure you are on a proper wet/dry cycle, as in drench the pot till runoff, then only water when it weight is about a 1/3rd of what it was when watereed originally

I did a watering of epsom salts the feed before last,I do drench till runoff about 20%,then leave it half hour,anything left gets sponged.

I didn't know about 1/3 of weight,I was letting them proper dryout ,another bit of info learnt.

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Are you feeding every time you water?

:yinyang:

yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tranlands said:

yes

But yer not adding epsoms every watering?

If you need magnesium it pays to add it every time not just once in a while

:yinyang:

• Like 3