Digital vs wifi plug for irrigation timing?

ukscroger

Ive find a digital timer plug tthat does seconds (which I will need for my auto watering system) for £30. The wifi plugs are a half that but I'm not sure whether they're any good? What are other people using? I want to control a pump for a dripper system. 

Shortest pump duration using a smart switch is 1m, but that’s fine unless you’re being precise.. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I dont know why I thought wifi plugs would do second intervals.  The growplug thing it is. I'm going to copy a design I've seen on here that has 4mm T pieces as outlets. I reckon minute timings might be a bit coarse to get the run off dialled.

im uising an a imperium seconds timer, if it helps.

god bit of kit, never let me down

you also need a normal segment timer  so say ypou want one feed a day hit the normal segment for 15 minutes whenever you want a feed, then set the duration, it does seconds and minuted with a push on off for either mode.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

and minutes are too long duration imo, unless you maybe have a 200 litre pot lol

• Haha 1

In my experience, smart switches are amazing, especially saving in bulky timers that require batteries and take forever to program. There’s one with 8 separate power outlets, all of which are programmable, even the 4x USB outlets can be programmed on timers, quite handy if you’re using USB circulation fans. 

I find the 1 minute thing fine, as many others do. I suppose you could tweak the pump if it has an adjustable flow.. 

so you are pumping nutrients in for a minute?

i presume you have a drain back to the res or something because a minute pumping without one would result in a flooded room

On 11/08/2024 at 22:42, badbillybob said:

and minutes are too long duration imo, unless you maybe have a 200 litre pot lol

I had this problem, as 2 mins wasn’t perfect but 3 was a wet wasteful mess, so I just stayed on 2min and another 2 mins near the end of daylight. Plants loved it like they do with pumps drain to waste.. I still think the lack of seconds problem outweighs the convenience of having app programmed power outlets.. 🥳

• Thanks 1