Any growing hacks?

Damo666

What hacks have you used to solve some problems we face. Or just what is beneficial. 

I will donate a gem of a hack for indoor tent growers to start.

That is. Are you annoyed at the wasted space in your grow tent caused by negative pressure sucking the walls in. I found in a 2x2 tent if the wall is sucked in say 3" then that's a foot lost!

Now you can buy the tent expanders but they are expensive . I use wire coat hangers slightly bent at each corner around canopy height. This pushes the tent walls out gaining a lot of the lost space. This has helped me so much with plants not getting squashed. Try it guys. 

Please donate and make this a very helpful thread

• Like 4

I used cardboard corner protectors as space savers for about 2 or so years, ended up with a load of them for free then the idea popped into my head lol

large.20240209_072518.jpg.c469d3988b9d51912f6d44f81af6637d.jpg

• Like 5

Using a 70x70 scrog net in a 60x60 tent 👍

• Like 1

Using pole mounted tablet holders as mounts for small desktop fans

large.20210703_182624.jpg.75c9df0420e29ad4f8f7d58fd0c7da04.jpglarge.20210703_182554.jpg.190a05df7b81d0021ae76a434b5bc2c8.jpglarge.20210703_182337.jpg.6f60b439e891e966b0dbb6b5c7bd0ee0.jpg

I went a bit over kill in my early days lol

• Like 9

Taking the scrog net off after the 3rd week of flower has been completed, this means you can get the net off easy still while the plant for the most part keeps its shape, only requiring minimal ties from branches to pot rim, this makes harvest time much easier for those who like to hang the plant whole when drying, also helps keep the net cleaner for longer as it doesn't come in contact with loads of trichomes👍

I probably wouldn't recommend this on larger grows but worked great in my smaller tents as seen in the Pineapple Express #2 pic a few posts above🫡(Notice no net)

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

I stopped using fans inside the tent years ago, no need at all but the tent sucking in proper pisses me off so I will be defo trying that one ! Thanks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MySoulIsMine said:

I stopped using fans inside the tent years ago, no need at all but the tent sucking in proper pisses me off so I will be defo trying that one ! Thanks 

I beg to differ, circulation fans will save you from bud rot, something I learned the hard way.

• Like 8

Not so much a growing hack, but...

You know those little glass ramekins you get when you buy Gu desserts or whatever.. well couple those with a pringles lid and you get a nice, small air tight container good for a couple buds when your mates come round.

• Like 9

Tell the Mrs it will take 5 months to grow some weed and then do it in 4.

Marriage Hack unlocked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Seriouslky though, following on from what @Military Grade does you can be a cheapskate like me and use old nutrient bottles or plastic milk bottles to 'sprag' your tent sides open and stop them getting sucked in.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I beg to differ, circulation fans will save you from bud rot, something I learned the hard way.

I only got a circulation fan recently (after over 20 years of growing lol ), I've noticed that my plants also seem to grow more robust stems now there's air being blown at them constantly.

• Like 5

Yeah true it does help to keep them from going all floppy as well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MySoulIsMine said:

I stopped using fans inside the tent years ago, no need at all

I hope you do the snap test on you colas before consuming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyRider said:

You know those little glass ramekins you get when you buy Gu desserts or whatever.. well couple those with a pringles lid and you get a nice, small air tight container good for a couple buds when your mates come round.

Nice one. Just grabbed all the empty pringles tubs from my messy son's room and all the Gu jars from my missus's junk drawer. Now I have a load of sealed tubs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1