Which Batteries?

Chal

XMaxV3Pro, if it matters?

Irish firm is showing me, in random order: Sony, Samsung, Efest and LG.

Some look to have higher outputs. Odd couple of mm in actual dimensions, I find a bit creepy. Prices don't really bother me. Fuck saving €2.00, on the life of a battery, when I want a puff and the fucker's not charged yet! :D

• Like 1

I was recommended the brand Molicel and told they were highly regarded at the time, i also was recommended a XTAR charger 👍

I believe the one you need is the same as mine 18650

• Like 3

Don't go over 3000mah capacity. 2500mah is fine too or lower. 3000mah will  handle up to 15A draw and your device is rated 8-10A draw , so there's a bit of headroom for overheating resilience. Google Fogstar and any batteries they sell are safe up to the 3000mah rating for your device. Used them for years. Efest is a rewrap company that use rejects from the main makers... I'd avoid.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3
  • WOW 1

Second vote for Molicel batteries and a second vote for Fogstar as a supplier who supply authentic batteries (big problem out there with dodgy rewrapped batteries). Also agreed on running lower capacity, under 3000mah, faster discharge batteries for safety, quicker charging and optimal performance of your vape with faster heat up times and better back to back bowl performance.

I run a handful of Molicel P28 and P30 all bought from Fogstar and they are a wee bit better performance than my (now retired through heavy heavy use) Sony VT5(a?) and VT6 batteries I was using before, those Sony batteries were still notably better than most other batteries for vapes so if that’s what your Irish supplier has in and NI and battery postage causes you fun and games then get the Sonys from your man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buy from Fogstar on a Friday :)

They call it Fogstar Friday, 

you'll get a discount. 

I believe it means they get more time off during the week lol

Atb 

☯️

• Like 3

Okay. Thanks, guys!

Absolutely fucking shocking news, from @catweazle1 there! My place actually states that Efest is an up and comer, garnering great reviews?! Probably rewrapping a decent brand then. Perhaps something like the Sony's, here offered at a substantially lower price.

My man, @CuriousOrange there rates Sony? I have no problem with that brand 😐 If he'd have said Samsung? I'd have equally pounced on those. Bottom line being, of course; I haven't got the faintest clue what I'm on about. I therefore Ask, and shall now likely order some Sony VTC6. Because, that's what this firm is offering :)

I see though that 'my' ones have a CDR of 15. Fogstar offers 20's. My place makes mention of " The discharge amperages of the VTC line make them the best match if you vape at low resistances. "

Am I, @Military Grade? Ye probably far more clued up on this shit than me. Ye Have a V3, do ye not? (I think I'll just call it a 'V3', from now on. I like shorter, oft repeated fucking names) I just toke the things till bed time. I've never been technically minded.

Weekend now, isn't it? I've time, yet, then. But, yeah; I am in Eire. I s'pose, by rights, I should be checking out Continental Europe, rather than even considering UK. Politicians have made it, often crushingly expensive to buy from UK.

They must be right though, eh? Ours and yours. Theirs too. I mean; When have Politicians ever completely fucked things up for the common man? Hit it! :naughty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chal said:

Ye probably far more clued up on this shit than me.

I don't know about that mate, it wasn't until about 6 years ago I found out what the difference was between volts and watts lol, I already knew what mah was as capacity is important to a lot of modern devices like mobile Phones.

1 hour ago, Chal said:

Ye Have a V3, do ye not?

Na I have the Spirit 👍, was my entery into electric vapes as I only had Dynavap before as I used to smoke aways, but when I decided to quit smoking I thought I'd buy a electric one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I don't know about that mate, it wasn't until about 6 years ago I found out what the difference was between volts and watts 

Six years? Jesus. It wasn't a Lot more than six Months ago, I learned about Vapes! 😂

Never sussed volts, amps, ohms and shit. Hell! I've literally just stepped in here, getting a break from putting a 3 pin plug on a bit of flex. Then, threading flex past a window frame? 13amp fuse in there? Check! That's about the extent of my own electrical prowess! :meloni:

• Haha 1

Forgot to mention, slow charging is considered better for battery lifespan, I bought a charger that is micro USB so it only charges at 0.5A, it takes a couple of hours but I have two batteries to swap between 👍

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Forgot to mention ...

Yeah. The whole issue of charging is sort of against my grain, anyway. It's not natural, to me. Didn't grow up with it.

My own charger is one I actually got for entirely other batteries. Same thing. Just bigger?

Oops! Strange shit's happening! Posted under Computers!  " Canwellum ". Model 2. Seems to put out max 5v? Dunno. It's in the kitchen, charging one. Couldn't memorise the data and don't expect it's that important anyway.

Have another, 'good' one too. For my trail cams batt's? Too fucking small for these 1850's anyway!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chal said:

The whole issue of charging is sort of against my grain, anyway. It's not natural, to me. Didn't grow up with it.

didn't your dad have a car/you have a car/motorbike when young? a car/bike is self charging the battery.

Wouldn't know, mate. Never drove. And bikes scare me to death.

I'll get Sony.

On 27/07/2024 at 13:34, Chal said:

Okay. Thanks, guys!

Absolutely fucking shocking news, from @catweazle1 there! My place actually states that Efest is an up and comer, garnering great reviews?! Probably rewrapping a decent brand then. Perhaps something like the Sony's, here offered at a substantially lower price.

My man, @CuriousOrange there rates Sony? I have no problem with that brand 😐 If he'd have said Samsung? I'd have equally pounced on those. Bottom line being, of course; I haven't got the faintest clue what I'm on about. I therefore Ask, and shall now likely order some Sony VTC6. Because, that's what this firm is offering :)

I see though that 'my' ones have a CDR of 15. Fogstar offers 20's. My place makes mention of " The discharge amperages of the VTC line make them the best match if you vape at low resistances. "

Am I, @Military Grade? Ye probably far more clued up on this shit than me. Ye Have a V3, do ye not? (I think I'll just call it a 'V3', from now on. I like shorter, oft repeated fucking names) I just toke the things till bed time. I've never been technically minded.

Weekend now, isn't it? I've time, yet, then. But, yeah; I am in Eire. I s'pose, by rights, I should be checking out Continental Europe, rather than even considering UK. Politicians have made it, often crushingly expensive to buy from UK.

They must be right though, eh? Ours and yours. Theirs too. I mean; When have Politicians ever completely fucked things up for the common man? Hit it! :naughty:

Efest are garbage. They are cheap for a reason. Sony, Samsung are sound. They actually make them. You can use up to 3000mah capacity safely at 25w draw. If a seller said to me that Efest were good, I'd be gone.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

I see Molicel make batteries for high end super cars and race cars. I thought they just made batteries for vapes lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

I see Molicel make batteries for ...

Sound like a tropical fish tank sealant, to me! :D

Anyway; I'm 'getting there', here. My mind's full of things chicken. Just remembered; There's a woman, breeds Naked Neck's, within reach of me. I want one of those, if only to wind my mate up! 😂

• Haha 2