Woodlouse turds.

BilgePump

Just a thought i might have a fiddle with.

Ecothrive charge is just insect frass right?

Mrs Pump keeps ornamental isopods, we have several tanks dotted around the house with all manner of colourful lice in them.

They get a media change about once a fortnight on average, usually when Mrs P decides there's too much shit in the tanks , she's just been hoofing the spent substrate onto the garden but I've been thinking i could put this to good use :g: Its premium isopod and millipede dirt which is peat based so that's a bonus , there's only one issue (well thousands) that jumps out at me (quite literally) and that's springtails, i cannot for the life of me work out whether they're the good springtails or bad ones lol

So to the crux of my issue... How would you guys go about making them die?

Ive tried Cliff Richards songs and hipster poetry to no avail so im thinking nuke the dirt in the microwave perhaps?

Do you guys think this is a worthwhile venture?

I just hate the thought of wasting what could potentially be brown gold.

All opinions welcome :thumsup:

ATB BilgePump

:yinyang:

• Haha 1

I think you’re probably on the right track - which Cliff Richard songs have you tried so far? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Living doll and millennium prayer, any more and id have done myself in lol lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

large.Messenger_creation_c1244197-b75f-40b4-89fb-962acadd4e77.jpeg.d4b287d4c9e422358b3f4bf34ad282f9.jpeg

Some of the shitters, for a bit of visual interest.

• Like 1

Looks good. You have a chitin layer  in wood lice according to mcgoogle and that’s part of the charge magic and the rest is the crap which you also have. Got to be worth a try 

Edited by CuriousOrange
Add layer
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah they're full of chit @CuriousOrange 

They eat their dead , shells n all and the Mrs makes sure they're fed a balanced diet including eggshell, cuttlefish, tetra flakes and a good mix of veggie scraps.

Springtails have chitin too so dead ones are surely a Brucie bonus?

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 1

Sounds like you have the one shot Holland and Barrett of canna growing in your hands there

• Like 1

I've got some dinky seedlings, when they're due a pot up I'll stick some louse shit dirt in with the compost for a couple and see if there's any noticeable difference, i can hear the cilla crosses volunteering from here lol

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So the side-by-side went out the window.... Found myself in compost poverty so the turd blend got assimilated and everything has had a bit come the most recent round of potting up , its been 12h and nothing has died yet..