New Grow Space

NormanNugget

1 minute ago, NormanNugget said:

I guess the XS1500 Pro has the same functionality?

Mine works with the 69 controller for more dimming %, but my earler version at least will only dim down to 5% hence the Smart to cut the power on the same schedule as your lights on/off.

The XS2500 Pro came out after mine so they had a chance to improve this further, Tho i'm not sure the lenses are designed the same across the two lights, Going off the heat maps for mine when used in tamden compared to the XS2500 pro are a different like they took into count the over spill light on in the middle caused and fixed it. The XS1500 Pro has a slightly hotter spot in the middle where was the XS2500 Pro is more even than two XS1500 Pros.

I hope that makes sense lol

Can anyone tell if this is genuine, and whether they’re the 2024 version? Looking at the XS1500 Pro.

ebay item number 186172780464

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I hope that makes sense

Yeah I guess the 2500 has a slightly different layout to keep the middle spot even, whereas two 1500s weren’t specifically designed to be next to each other.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

future proofing (if I need to downgrade space size again

This here is a biggie mate. The viparspectra is newer tech and will be more adaptable in small spaces. Ultimately they are all good lights and will grow cracking plants and if you may need to scale down further then the vipes may be the better angle, or a couple of Migro 2’s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

Yeah I guess the 2500 has a slightly different layout to keep the middle spot even, whereas two 1500s weren’t specifically designed to be next to each other.

Just for reference what the book came with my XS1500 Pro for haning two of the together 👍

large.large.20230501_042257.jpg.5828d1615ff5c574305fbd08c66b2b04.jpg.eeb31b26ee18ada4b5126f5248983338.jpg

• Thanks 1

Blimey i didn't know they dropped the price on Amazon down to £199 for the XS2500 Pro bargin, that's the Normal price of the XS1500 Pro 😮

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CuriousOrange said:

will be more adaptable in small spaces

See now I was thinking the opposite.. but if that’s the case maybe it is the vipar 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Blimey i didn't know they dropped the price on Amazon down to £199 for the XS2500 Pro bargin, that's the Normal price of the XS1500 Pro 😮

Woah that is a bit of a bargain. The XS1500 Pro is the same price currently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

See now I was thinking the opposite

I’m not sure if you can split the Migro 4 you see, mine is a couple of years old so it may be different but it would involve rewiring mine in order to run it on two ballasts.   

Edited by CuriousOrange
Sp. then second edit to spell sp. correctly!
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Despite the bargain price of the XS2500 I’ve finally got my shit together and pulled the trigger on two XS1500s. Since I’m vaguely planning to grow more smaller plants it might be useful to have two fixtures which I can adjust independently. I’m also thinking in the future I may end up with a couple of smaller spaces so two smaller lights is the choice for me!

I’ve also taken delivery of:

10m Swiftair Phonic Ducting

6” x 660mm CarboAir 60 filter

I pretty much have all the gear in place now. I’ll need some hooks and brackets and bits and bobs but should be easy to source locally.

Edited by NormanNugget
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’ve also been busy doing a lot of filling…

@Flamedodger I got myself an 8” trowel and started to investigate the joys of spreading muck…

large.IMG_8643.jpeg.d7dd058d4e1e09e0f7c0a8d235712d85.jpeg

large.IMG_8642.jpeg.ac70749ca68328a17d3e44a9011ddd0e.jpeg

large.IMG_8641.jpeg.09840a77d2674731fe3964386fb34d03.jpeg

As part of the build (and to keep Mrs Nugget on board) I’ve stripped about 100 years worth of paint off of the door lining and architrave (plus the other two doors and skirting boards in the hallway).

With luck tomorrow I’ll caulk all the corners to make sure it’s sealed up tighter than a ducks arse and get the first coat of paint on.

The last major hurdle will be making a sound and light proof door. I’m thinking I’ll leave the current door as is, then make a secondary frame behind and fit an insulated panel with smoke seals all around. Although if possible it would be awesome to mount a second door to the back of the main door and seal that. Either way I’ll probably also fit some rack bolts to the existing door to serve as discreet locks.

Edited by NormanNugget
  • Like 3

Cheers @CuriousOrange as is my way I’m probably getting far too obsessed with it and wasting a lot of time and energy 🤔

I could have had it all lined out with bubble insulation and plants in by now 😅

I’m kinda enjoying it though, once I got my eye in spreading the muck was pretty satisfying!

• Like 3

You could but it wouldn’t be half as much fun would it and so much more satisfying to use. You are doing good things bud. If I ever raise the bar from renting to owning then I will be back to this diary for pointers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1