New Grow Space

NormanNugget

It’ll look ok, don’t be an afraid to put a bit of plaster on, trowel it nice and flat. You will get yourself and everything covered, so put down plenty of sheets 🤣 It’ll look mint when it’s painted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well here we go…

large.IMG_8612.jpeg.3eb19abd0650ff288a89d97367cabc4a.jpeg

large.IMG_8611.jpeg.2d1b0f41c5eec4a5e27128bc4c09e77f.jpeg

large.IMG_8613.jpeg.dd0b77f81822dd0b5e2055810067b1f1.jpeg

Behind the Soundbloc plasterboard I have 25mm PIR on the brick wall sides (both internal) and 50mm PIR on the other walls. Once that was in I taped over every join with aluminium tape. Not sure if it was the insulation doing its job but it was bastard hot in there. I was dripping.

You can see I already have a small hole into the loft, I’ll fit a grommet there with a brush seal so I can run power, sensors etc from the loft into the room. I’ll do the extraction hole once I have the filter and fan test fitted. Still umming and aaaaing about how to pass the ducting through. There’s 25mm ply, a 100mm or so gap, then 18mm OSB.

As mentioned a fair few booboos with the PB, not as easy as I thought. Probably shouldn’t have tried to get it all done in a day. I was losing my mind putting those last boards in.

large.IMG_8614.jpeg.14a56228286a4e2d5996b2828cae9f17.jpeg

Oops… 

Although I’m not too pleased with my plasterboarding work, I am well chuffed with this 👇🏻

large.IMG_8615.jpeg.5219c0cec9e68baa9ab882cfbb0932de.jpeg

I love it when a plan comes together. The 1000x550mm tray fits millimetre perfect in the width, and about 50mm spare front to back 👌🏻

This should work well with a passive intake at the front, heat tubes under a raised floor and a gap at the back to let the air come up.

• Like 4

I've been hunting for a 38 to 39cm Squared tray for my mother tent, but the only one i could find says it won't get delivered until next year lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Haha 1

Migro Array 4

ARAY4PARmapB-596256.jpg?v=1709136090&wid

Viparspectra XS2500 Pro

71Xin7PUdSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Viparspectra is a little more uniform coverage.

My issues with Viparspectra

- more expensive

- only 25% increments dimming

- can’t turn of with ACI Controller

Migro gives 

- more variable dimming

- can be controlled fully with ACI (I think)

I’m also thinking about future proofing having been burnt with my 90x90 light. So considering getting two XS1500 Pros or the Migro 4 I believe I could split and just get a new drivers to make 2 Migro 2s..

@Military Grade straight in with the science.  Nice maps.

My reasoning for using the Migro is based on my weird shaped cupboard and photographic 

lighting theory basically. To evenly light with minimal shadowing you want the largest lighting source you can find at the shortest distance from subject. Migro 4 fits my space like a glove (a glove that is half a size too big but a glove nonetheless) and is designed to be used up close if needed. 

ETA: and future proofing of you upgrade to a bigger space in the future

Edited by CuriousOrange
Futureproofing
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

- more expensive

It's better desgin and newer innervation

29 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

- only 25% increments dimming

Solved by plugging it into the AC controller, Never need to tho, i've had the adapter sitting in a draw and never felt the need to actually connect it to the 69 Pro.

30 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

- can’t turn of with ACI Controller

Solved by a smart plug.

• Like 2

I think i prefer to have a hard off(not on lol ) for my lights off via a smart plug, as you never know when a update could bugger the AC controller.

• Like 1

hey, mate, I have one of the larger 2-panel viparspectra lights in my 2x4 and it is fully controllable with my ACI controller it does not require a smart plug.

They are really nice bits of kit and I'm glad I listened to @Military Grade when he recommended them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that's right mate, I have full control of my light through my ACI pro controller.

• Like 2

Hmm well I was about to say this…

Well just looking at the prices I can get the Array 4 and an Array 2 for £22 more than the XS2500.

So I reckon that seals it. I can then have an overlit 100x60 flower space and an overlit 60x40 veg space to go with my unused overlit 90x90 space 😬

It seems like @Military Grade had a real hard off for the Viparspectra.. Thabks @green_machine I’m surprised this isn’t mentioned in the specs on their website, also good to hear you can dim with more increments through the ACI controller.

I guess the XS1500 Pro has the same functionality? I could get two to give me more future proofing (if I need to downgrade space size again)

• Haha 1