New Grow Space

NormanNugget

@sweettooth I have a bit of an irrational aversion to trunking for some reason. 

I think I’ll get some cable tie saddles and just use cable ties. Hopefully if I get set up right I won’t have to move the cables about much.

A little more progress today, really getting close now 🤞🏻

A little frame made up to hold some carbon filter material against the back of the vent.

large.IMG_8781.jpeg.8455bb67c0941b9eb525f8496c74c387.jpeg

Seems lightproof 👍🏻

large.IMG_8782.jpeg.ef76f1f4106742edc7097d9e41783add.jpeg

Two 120w heat tube heaters with Inkbird controller will live at ground level.

large.IMG_8783.jpeg.f431dc770e962efa5c7adda9213d85e7.jpeg

False floor made up with some kitchen feet fixed to phenolic ply

large.IMG_8784.jpeg.26a3bf293bf7db45f5f177c02c5bd0f3.jpeg

Fits well with a 10mm gap around the edges and about 10mm above the skirting. Hopefully the air will be drawn through the underfloor area, heated by the tubes and up into the main space. I’m hoping the ply will warm up (and not combust 😬) to keep the roots nice and warm.

large.IMG_8785.jpeg.601abc30f5c953ac63e22cfae0cc1055.jpeg

Finally I have a white melamine faced ply board fitted into batwing seals around the secondary door stops. It’s a little gappy but I’ll fit 1.5mm self adhesive foam around the edge which should make an acoustic and light seal. I’ll then just need to screw this to the back of the main door. I’m trying to source some 10mm rubber matting to fit between the ply and the door for extra sound absorption.

large.IMG_8786.jpeg.c497823888b17c62f0a4f2307ad61eca.jpeg

Once the door’s sorted I should be good to go. I’ll need to sort out the cable routing and figure out how to mount some circulation fans. @CuriousOrange are your fans just fixed right at the top of your space? I’m thinking maybe a couple of USB fans at pot level and one of two Cloudrays just below the extractor and filter 🤔

• Like 6

Yes siree, clamped up at the top blowing straight down through the light. While the plants are small as they are now the fan is far enough above with approx 160 head space that it gives full coverage without even needing to oscillate.

Edited by CuriousOrange
Head height
  • Like 4

Sweet thanks man. I’ve got a bit more space to the ceiling but I reckon I’ll try fixing them at the top. 

Hopefully I can have them on low enough power that it doesn’t sound like a hurricane in there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

large.IMG_8786.jpeg.c497823888b17c62f0a4f2307ad61eca.jpeg

Maybe a long term dream goal, taking the door off and outter frame, and then replacing it with something like a shallow bookshelf on hinges, that would be a cool stealth decoy lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Military Grade something like that would be cool, unfortunately the corridor is only just wide enough for the door to open as it is!

Luckily that cupboard has been know by myself and Mrs Nugget as ‘The Cupboard of Doom’. That’s what we’ve told anyone who’s come to the house, so nobody ever got to look inside.

monica-cupboards.gif

The lock on the outside should deter unwanted investigations. Without the inner door you can barely notice any sound with the extraction on 2 (which should exchange the air once per minute). I’m hoping with the inner door and some sound deadening I can run everything a bit higher in total silence 🤞🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Crazy idea that would cost way too much to even consider but what the hell, Getting a 8k TV and disguise it as a window and get a 8k camera for a live feed of that side of facing out of the home lol

Put that one on the back burner until i win the lottery 🤞

@NormanNugget Have you seen them secret room wardrobe entrance videos on YouTube? It would make a great man cave 👌

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Getting a 8k TV and disguise it as a window and get a 8k camera for a live feed of that side of facing out of the home lol

In my case it would be showing my neighbours staircase, not sure how they’d feel about that 😆

I haven’t seen the videos but I used to go to a pub where the gents door was concealed in a bookcase wall. God knows how many desperate guys pissed themselves looking for it haha

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

not sure how they’d feel about that

Oblivious would be best me thinks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

In my case it would be showing my neighbours staircase, not sure how they’d feel about that 😆

I'm not a fan of reality TV either lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

@Flamedodger That's a great video mate 👍

Is that the guy from changing rooms?

He’s actually the first winner of Big Brother 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

He’s actually the first winner of Big Brother 😉

Yeah that too lol

I remember him being in BB but totally forgot he actually won it lol, he does seem like a decent lad.