New Grow Space

NormanNugget

I did think about something like that.. not sure if I can face the extra work haha.

Would you just stuff a bit of ducting into the cupboard, connect that to a box with the filter in and then fan on the other side? I feel like it might be a bit much for the fan to pull through all of that?

That’s the idea yes, I haven’t done it myself but it is an accepted solution. I would imagine it might throttle the fan a small amount at full chat  but shouldn’t really make any difference as long as the filter is a high enough throughput rating (which yours will be), only difference I can see is the end of the ducting in the groom is now extracting from a smaller and more specific area than the filter would be sucking from. Just a thought though, much easier to use the aci filter for now and see if it’s up to the job.

• Thanks 1

🤔 food for thought.. thanks man. 

At the moment I’m inclined to just see how the AC does. Last time it was basically recirculating air in a room, now I’m properly venting it might do better. 

Got to get the bloody roof vents in though, I can’t really just dump the exhaust into the loft space. 

• Like 3

@NormanNugget the ACI filters can be ‘turned around’. I did it before my last grow, not sure it made any difference, but it’s supposed to give them more longevity 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Making some progress, slower than I’d like really, but oh well.

4 coats of Zinnser Permawhite. All of the the faceplates screwed back pretty tidily.

large.IMG_8716.jpeg.0e162e987ca764ad57c071b3c01551c7.jpeg

large.IMG_8715.jpeg.1a54e5ecdf95b51cd32f71c5e40b779e.jpeg

Skirting board, door stops and vent fitted. I also caulked everything in as the old jambs were pretty wonky and gappy.

large.IMG_8714.jpeg.b622e3d1982b0f74fc757813e0f32cbf.jpeg

large.IMG_8719.jpeg.21a7053c3dca2da68faf704b2e245863.jpeg

large.IMG_8718.jpeg.ca68ec9079fe3b597faef3a8afe7be23.jpeg

I checked the tray I have in, it now sits on the skirting. I think with 25mm PIR below it’ll sit just above the skirting. 👌🏻

I also fitted a security bolt type lock. Pretty nice as the ‘keyhole’ is very discreet.

large.IMG_8720.jpeg.b059aea8f9f7a2148279f81f5c2845ac.jpeg

large.IMG_8721.jpeg.a15ad5d27b3e95602c0fe0f94b04b652.jpeg

large.IMG_8722.jpeg.3d7eb72e8234c3bcd5fe02540d2d7b7a.jpeg

I need a trim piece for the vent to secure it nicely. Then I’ll fit beading to the door stop to create a rebate and fit batwing seals. A piece of 25mm MR MDF will fit in the rebate and be attached to the door. Hopefully..

It seems pretty light proof already and should be good with the seals. I’ll back the vent with carbon filter material, and probably tape the PIR in place to stop any light at the bottom. Sound is another matter, I’m hoping the heavy MDF and the seals will do the trick. Otherwise I might be in trouble with Mrs Nugget.

• Like 11

By the look of that cupboard,

Mrs Nugget is probably making a list of other diy jobs for you around the place lol 

Cracking job :thumsup:

I can’t even be arsed to repaint my veg drobe,

even my Bloom-room walls could do with being redone.

I’ve had 5l of Super Ultra Diamond White paint sitting there for a couple of years lollol 

Atb

☯️

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Smashing job sir. If I ever stop paying my landlords mortgage and start paying my own then I’ll be in touch for some jobs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, mate really amazing job there. That will be such a stellar space, enjoy it man and I hope you get many great harvests from it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, still a fair bit to do before we get plants in unfortunately.

I’m a bit reluctant to pop any beans until I get the extraction points sorted. Annoyingly I’m waiting on a roofer to get the tile vents in!

• Like 3

Yeah probably best to wait until any work by visitors is completed :) 

There’s no need to cause yourself any undue stress.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job matey 👍🏼 Definitely worthwhile getting a roof vent in 😎

I’ll be starting mine in a few weeks, relining the grow space and partitioning the shed. Thought I’d given up this building lark 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now we’re getting somewhere! Roof vents went in today, so the extraction has gone in and been hooked up.

I’ve also put in the hanging points for the lights and got one hung. The other is in my little mother tent.

large.IMG_8758.jpeg.583538ed6ce2c871b30e8e643be2f84f.jpeg

large.IMG_8756.jpeg.b3934f1261862b2906f9b91b837cd884.jpeg

large.IMG_8757.jpeg.422ec4124251659989ab94e60661619f.jpeg

I still need to put the secondary door on, get insulation down on the floor and sort out some way to manage all the cables and whatnot. There’s a little bit of extra kit to go in too, I’ll probably just blag that as I go along.

I’m thinking I’ll put the DP60 in the bottom and then hopefully source a table frame or something so the flowering plants sit on top in their tray. 

I’m not 100% sure whether I should soak some beans now 🤔

• Like 5
  • Haha 2