New Grow Space

NormanNugget

Sounds like a good plan, although if you’re lining the inside of the door, you could incorporate your intake into it. With the 25mm gap under the door, it would be easy to have the intake a bit higher on the the inside and leave out the insulation for air path and jam the bottom of your door to your lining….if that makes sense 🤪

The insulation idea was to basically try to force the air along a ‘maze’ with the tube heaters, so it all gets warmed up nicely. The heaters should also make sure the ladies have nice warm bums 🤞🏻

TBH I think it’ll be a case of get stuck into it and wing..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

I’m wondering whether to go for 4 plants in 6-7L pots, or really push my luck and try 8 in 2-3L pots. I’m inclined towards 8 smaller plants all of different varieties.

@green_machine since you have a 120x60 space, do you think 8 in 3L pots would be doable?

• Like 1

@NormanNugget you could easily get 8 plants in a 2x4 space mate. Veg for a week and then straight into flower.

I used to do this in my smaller space with 6 plants.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

What size finals did you use bud?

Was that a question to me mate?

If so that last run they were in 1.5L pots, but this size ain't the most forgivable by do able, The next end flower pot size will be 4L as these are more forgiving, and tho i'm doing less plant count this time round i could probably have fitted 4 plants in the 4L pots in the same space.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, green_machine said:

you could easily get 8 plants in a 2x4 space mate. Veg for a week and then straight into flower.

Now that’s what I wanted to hear!

9 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

If so that last run they were in 1.5L pots, but this size ain't the most forgivable by do able, The next end flower pot size will be 4L as these are more forgiving, and tho i'm doing less plant count this time round i could probably have fitted 4 plants in the 4L pots in the same space.

Cheers man. I think I’ll go for 8 in 3L pots. I want to use either airpots or the other root pruning pots. The air pots are 3 or 5, root pruning 3 or 7.5.

It’s gonna be nice to have a big variety of stuff, and more fun (challenging) to manage I guess 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ohhhh baby it’s getting white in here now

large.IMG_8706.jpeg.f8a4316c14c6e22829c584e3ccc83343.jpeg

Third coat on, I think I’ll give it one more just to for fun. There’s all kinds of visible ridges and whatnot from my crappy filling, drives me slightly insane buuuuuut it’s taken too long now so it’s good enough!

I think I have most of the bits in place for sorting the door, hopefully I’ll get it done on Monday.

One of the XS1500’s is now in the DP60 with the mum/bonsai/experiment ladies. I reckon next week I’ll be soaking some beans and putting them in there too. That’ll give me a nice deadline for the main space 😀

• Like 3

Just now, yan said:

Have you decided on the additional four yet? 

Now you’re asking… All being well there will be an update this evening 🧗‍♂️

• Like 1

Trying to figure out if that emoji is a clue… Struggling to think of anything with climbing or rock in the name. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

my crappy filling, drives me slightly insane

Plastering and filling walls and ceilings is by far my number one most feared and misunderstood art form. Bloody hate. Bloody useless at it. I either just move the lumps and bumps around the wall or I manage to get a small area looking great and then look at it wrong and it all goes fucky. It’s the darkest of the dark arts and almost certainly involves virgin sacrifices to get perfect.

• Haha 2

I hate the amount of time I invest in it, followed by my expectation and need for it to be perfect. 

Then after thinking you’ve done a good job you stick some paint on and find out it’s all dog shit 😅

• Haha 2

That’s the worst bit, thinking it’s gone well and then you paint it. So demoralising. That’s why paintings and wall hangings were invented. 

Hopefully your plants won’t notice.

• Haha 2