Advice on a sub £200 vape needed, please.

peacefulmonkeyking

8 hours ago, Chal said:

modelled on the Pax

Similar shape but looks a lot bigger in the video. 

15 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Similar shape but looks a lot bigger in the video.

Yeah, thanks for that, Soup. (Sorry about the late response. Chicken fencing all day) No, first thing I noticed about the vid ~ after the fact that they're not my favourite reviewers ~ was how matey, on the right there, with the Roffu, was straight away doing the old 'hiding horse' look;

Eyes, darting around, trying to find a comfortable place to rest. (Anywhere but the camera!) As their cheeks implode and every fucker involved feels uncomfortable, during this embarrassingly interminable suck.

Can ye imagine sucking on a spliff for that long? End up with the longest fuckin' strain since the cold war!

Anyway, @HazyDaze reckons that's not the case? And, there's these capsules. Let's await the further words of the hazy one :yep:

Yeah they're still sucking away like a pair of toddlers with dummies lol. I don't mind pulling that long if it feels like a proper bong hit, but somehow I doubt it. 

Not having any notifications at all...

Haven't you bought a new vape yet @MindSoup, and I thought I was indecisive  lol

I already told you I turned the fukka up full, let it heat up a little after the buzz to temp and it was like a full on bong rip!

I'm not lying bruh! lol

It's a beast

✌️ 

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

@HazyDaze I'm going round and round in circles geez, you know what I'm like lol. Still haven't even decided on a dab pen, once that's sorted I might have to give the roffu a go. 

I guess the guys in the video must have theirs on a low temperature. 

Edited by MindSoup

Thanks everyone - didn't expeect this much input this quickly!

I've watched the vapefiend's video review of the roffu and on paper it really works for me. Replaceable battery. Session and on demand (kinda - only the firefly seems to be truly on demand rather than more or less quick). Glass or metal oven bowl - maybe could take a glass stem, not too keen on that style of mouthpiece. Price dropped from 170 to 140 with the "lite" set which probably gets rid of a load of gubbins I don't need. *Puff data" irrelevant to me - maybe a medical user might need to keep track of their intake? Best thing looks like the lack of draw restriction, which is important - don't need it to rip like a bong bit puffing like a doob would be nice. I agree with others here that the most frustrating thing for a trying-not-to-be-a-smoker is having suck at it like a too tightly rolled j. Thing is, and I know it's bad, but I just don't really like the look of it.

Seems to be a bit of love for arizer in general though not too much about the air max. Thanks again for stuff to think more about......

On 17/07/2024 at 14:33, Hazeworks said:

Arizer Solo 2, really good, check the reviews 

I liek abit of a stroll and the odd night sleeping out so I'm thinking replaceable battery though you're absolutely right - reveiws for it are overwhelmingly positive.

On 17/07/2024 at 16:40, KC said:

My mate swears by the Arizer Airmax, not sure if vapefiend are selling it yet though. Can find it on sale for less than 200 atm.

I like the Mighty and the TM but they're over priced for what they are imo. The TM is a bit delicate for my liking too.

Yeah - I just can't justify spending another 100 on top when I'm pushed already. Nothing's gonna be perfect but it's good to have a recommendation, thanks. They're so little used round here - got a mate with a firefly and another with the old goboof but that's it. So everything's a bit of a shot in the dark I guess.

• Like 1

Well the chap I know with the Air max also has a Mighty+, volcano and  (broken) Tinymight2. The airmax is his goto so that says something. Another friend bought one on that recommendation and loved it so much she bought another one lol

Only reason I haven't bought one is I mostly vape at home and the volcano is perfect for me, I have two portables already but if one died I think it would be the Airmax next. 

My only gripe is although people list spare batteries, they never seem to be in stock. Someone must have some somewhere surely! 

Edited by KC
Predictive
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, KC said:

Someone must have some somewhere surely! 

Have a look on Fogstar  👍

• Like 2
On 19/07/2024 at 10:42, MindSoup said:

I guess the guys in the video must have theirs on a low temperature. 

They had it on 210.

I dunno bro, I thought that about the review too, cos I'm getting good vapour on low settings too bud, it will puff away at low temps very nicely  and at higher temps it blows my head off if I need it too.

I look forward to what you go for bro, hope you're having  a great weekend on the water too brother, gone to shit here again now. 

✌️ 

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 2

Yeah I think I'm pretty convinced geez,  just matter of having enough spare cash to grab one now. Apparently my car needs all of my money again :doh:

I've been using arizer for years, solo 2 and argo. The solo in particular I have nothing but praise for (except the stupid proprietary charger)  But a couple of months ago I managed to persuade the Mrs to give vaping a try and got her an xmax v3 pro, then tried it out and got another for myself. Pretty close to on demand, hits lovely and a changeable battery and usb c charging  (just as well cos it burns through a charge pretty fast)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

After the usual several weeks of prevarication when spending anythibg over £2.95, I got it in the post today. Just done the pre-use burn-off of 3 heat cycles. About to take the plunge. I'll let you know! Cheers.