What mix?!

CBDbudd

Morning all, what mix is everyone using? I have 3 bags of canna coco pro plus, would you mix anything else with it? I also have bat guano to mix in

Not clued up on Coco mixes but just in case you're not already aware be careful mixing in the guano, it's nasty stuff if it gets in your lungs, best to wear a mask etc. 

18 minutes ago, CBDbudd said:

would you mix anything else with it? 

No, use it straight out of the bag with coco specific nutes. 

Anyone telling you to add guano or any other type of organic amendment to coco is a cunt, coco is an inert medium - it has no micro herd to break down organic matter and convert into food the plants can use so it just decays and fucks up the magical properties of coco.

Would you buy premium engine oil and add your own shit to it because you think you know better than the boffins who developed it? 

10 minutes ago, Saddam said:

No, use it straight out of the bag with coco specific nutes. 

Anyone telling you to add guano or any other type of organic amendment to coco is a cunt, coco is an inert medium - it has no micro herd to break down organic matter and convert into food the plants can use so it just decays and fucks up the magical properties of coco.

Would you buy premium engine oil and add your own shit to it because you think you know better than the boffins who developed it? 

Thanks for your reply bud, I’m going purely based on what I’ve been told, I’m new to all this growing stuff, just trying to absorb all the info and tips I can that’s all

Not even sure why you've posted this in an organic compost forum?

You can amend compost or soil with coco and use organic nutes without a problem but you're relying on the micro herd to do the work. 

If you're wanting to reap the benefits of coco then use only coco, coco specific nutes, a pH pen and EC meter. 

Please don't quote me in your reply, use the @ function. 

Edited by Saddam

Coco with added dry amendments is a bit leftifield but I have seen some banging results from people doing it, all dry amendments though and just plain water, not a mix of one style and another. That YouTuber with the big nose and the weird voice does exactly that and his grows are always banging with minimal fuss.

Like I say though, I don't really know enough to have a full opinion, just making observations...

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Coco with added dry amendments is a bit leftifield but I have seen some banging results from people doing it, all dry amendments though and just plain water, not a mix of one style and another. That YouTuber with the big nose and the weird voice does exactly that and his grows are always banging with minimal fuss.

Like I say though, I don't really know enough to have a full opinion, just making observations...

@MindSoup

the guys name is mr Canuck I think. Got kind of a robotic voice and wears a lot of sport gear and lifts weights. Sound guy I think. Watched loads of his videos, he does the roisin presses as well. Uses Gai green mix with added dry worm castings and that micro fungus stuff. Does do banging grows.

MistY

That's the guy, yeah I like him, definitely knows what he's doing, doesn't try and hide his fuck ups either which is refreshing. Like you say his hash/rosin videos are lovely to watch, stuff looks mental. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup I’ve watched a few of his videos… he nearly killed a whole grow, forgetting about them for a few days and brought them back and had a great yield.. I’ll have a watch of a few more of his videos then… I have all the gear and no idea at this point so just trying to get as much help/info as I can

Gaia Green Mix is potting soil. Some of you folks need to step away from your YouTube Master's Degree and give yourselves a good hard slap. Honestly, posting shit about adding potting soil, dry amendments, and worm castings to coco and then using plain water in the hydroponics forum.  :wallbash:  

Edited by Saddam

I thought this was in the compost thread lol

Also yeah most YT guys are nob heads, but watch one of his videos you'll soon see he does a good job. 

As you can see he uses "pure Coco" as his base.... 

:skin_up:

Edited by MindSoup

@saddam

i answered a question about a grower. That’s it. When have I claimed to be  masters degree YouTuber? 
And for the record I have a real problem with self harming so thanks for telling me to go slap myself hard.

Fucking wanker.

It's only Wednesday guys. Sunday's a few days away yet.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MistYGr33n said:

I have a real problem with self harming so thanks for telling me to go slap myself hard.

lol  Get a fucking grip.

14 minutes ago, MistYGr33n said:

@saddam

i answered a question about a grower. That’s it. When have I claimed to be  masters degree YouTuber? 
And for the record I have a real problem with self harming so thanks for telling me to go slap myself hard.

Fucking wanker.

Try not to let him bother you geez. He's always like this, always shitting on everyone for no reason. Usually wrong as well lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2