Clinic - lowest prescription

Eldo

Hi uk420

After some advice from someone in the know when it comes to legal clinic prescriptions..... basically what is the minimum prescribed dosage?

I'm almost certain I qualify for medical prescription....quite often have to turn to the streets to top up my med supply. On average I'd say about half o a month so about 0.5g a day

Is it possible to get a prescription this low and if so what costs can I expect and what's the best place to go

TIA

Yes, you can have 10g a month if you want.  There's no insistence that you have that once you get going really.

I went with Alternaleaf because they had a neurological guy and my medical reason is to suppress spasms and twitches.

I think now they charge £39 for the initial consultation and the same every quarter for follow-on appointments.

You can change the sort of thing (flower, oil, capsules, etc) you are prescribed after each one, but as I am on high THC flower (as opposed to balanced THC CBD or CBD-based products) I can choose any of the flowers I want each month in the quantities I want (only 10g a month or so for me usually) and off you go.

Obviously, the cannabis cost is on top of the quarterly review.

There's no weirdness with them or unreasonable limitations.  If you prefer flowers, that's fine, oil, fine... As long as you can show you've had 2 prior treatments and that they weren't great for you, that's that.

You then get to choose strains from IPS or Montu pharmacies (you can check out their stock on medbud.wiki).

That's my example anyway.  I hope it's of some use.

• Like 1

Cheers mate going to call them end of the month instead of my usual guy 😂 

How does it work do you have to order 3 months prescription in one go? 

Them lists look pretty decent, am I right in saying quality has somewhat picked up lately?

• Like 1

Some are good, some no so much.  I avoid Grow as I have had 3 from them all dry flavourless and less pleasant to consume.  They've all been reasonable strength though.

You order each month for the month generally, but they might allow you to do it differently. I'm guessing they prefer monthly so you can gauge consumption and then order again knowing if you need more.

Before your appointment, get your Summary of Care from the doctor to show your diagnosis and treatments that haven't worked and then you should be good to go for an appointment.

Best I have had has been from Green Karat - Modified Gas, Auroras Delahaze and Sourdough which have all taste quite good and been effective.

• Like 1

Thanks @MidgeSmith much appreciated 

How do you go about requesting that info from doctors? I have back issues and sciatica.....had various muscle relaxants, pain killers and nerve specific pain killers prescribed but none either worked or are suitable for long term use

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eldo said:

Thanks @MidgeSmith much appreciated 

How do you go about requesting that info from doctors? I have back issues and sciatica.....had various muscle relaxants, pain killers and nerve specific pain killers prescribed but none either worked or are suitable for long term use

If you don't have online access to it via a portal like my doctors provide, you can ask reception for your "Summary of care record" and they should be able to give it you within a reasonable timeframe. If you have not recently had treatment for it, you may want to tell them you are seeking private help for your pain and need the diagnostics and summary of treatments received for it over the years. They're usually pretty happy to oblige.

My case was a bit weird as I only had a GPs diagnosis, tried two medications which made me feel horrible and had the side effects listed, which included "Death" as a possible.  I went to the clinic, got hooked up and a while afterwards got a call from my GP.  They weren't thrilled I was using privately prescribed medical cannabis, but were happy to refer me on for a formal diagnosis from a neurologist, which I got about 6 months later. Once I had that formal diagnosis, I sent it on to Alternaleaf.

• Like 1

AHH mate that sounds like grief I could do without tbh hopefully simple pain management is more straightforward.....but most likely drs would rather I stick to opium derivatives

Thanks for the weekend info hope your meds are working 

8 minutes ago, Eldo said:

AHH mate that sounds like grief I could do without tbh hopefully simple pain management is more straightforward.....but most likely drs would rather I stick to opium derivatives

Thanks for the weekend info hope your meds are working 

Cheers! It shouldn't be an issue.  Just ask them for the summary of care and book an appointment and legal joy should follow :)

• Like 1