Coconut oil?

le0n.v6

I see there isn't much activity on this part of the forum but thought I'd give it a go

I made this infused oil the other week using old rosin chips and it proper stinks like shit to the point I can't even open it in my house 😅 my mate opened it the other night n was nearly sick 🤣🤣🤣 question 1 is any body any ideas why it smells so bad? Like proper proper proper strong to the point of smelling like literal shit 😂 and question 2 is how can I use it with it smelling so bad I'm guessing the taste will be on par. 

large.Screenshot_20240706_134902_Gallery.jpg.b9de4d57032074d1fee41bfb3bf8b868.jpglarge.20240706_132343.jpg.3db531712ab522af323634b400f765d6.jpg

Not a fan of the taste of proper cannabutter let alone turd looking coconut oil

It was done in a slow cooker on low over night. Maybe I burnt it? It's the same.colour as shit too but there was loads of chips there and I made sure I used as little oil as I could to make it potent as

When did you do the decarb? Before or after infusing?

The decarb will reduce the stink and flavour to some extent.

Have you added anything else? 

If the answer is no ....

You can drop what you've made into a pan of hot water to purge it. Pour the hot water and coconut oil into a vessel to cool then place the vessel in the fridge where the infused oil or butter will float up to the top and solidify so you can collect it up again, and do it again (with fresh water) if needed. It'll get clearer with less of the green flavour and less smell each time you do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

When did you do the decarb? Before or after infusing?

The decarb will reduce the stink and flavour to some extent.

Have you added anything else? 

Nothing else was added and no decarb was done coz they were just gonna get chucked anyway so thought I may aswell try.

Maybe have to do that process outside one day on a gas stove 😂😷