New Dab/Wax Pen

MindSoup

Hello chums 

Been rocking the Coil King AIO from recommended vapes for a while now, when I bought it there was promise of a new bucket that never came to fruition, they ended up making a new pen (lightning) with one instead. In it's current form the coil king has some issues, the cap and the mouth piece always get welded on because the seals are grabby and the wax gets all over everything. They also said you can use it upside down with a bong which I have not found to be true lol

Anyway what's out there? Not looking to spend much if I don't have to, but I want something that works well, I'm more focused on something getting the job done and really ripping, flavour is not a priority, but it would be a bonus.

Three things that would be awesome but I think might be unrealistic, especially to find in one vape. 

1, A large capacity, something I can stick say half a gram in and just hit as and when, sort of like a cart without making shit runny, I feel like anything like that would probably just give you a half gram dab instead of lots of small ones, I don't think even I want to be getting that high on the regular lol

2, To actually be able to use it with a bong, well to be able to use it both ways up more importantly, I also use it for discreet in the go top ups so has to be a good stand alone as well as being able to send me to another dimension through a water piece. 

3. Something that's easy to load and doesn't get welded shut with gunk. That's really the main issue for me with the coil king. 

Oorrrrrrr

Should I be an absolute baller and grab myself a new pen for on the go and a pufffo peak style rig, core 2.0 maybe? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Military Grade

I got this 510 adapter for £5 in a sale, and it's better than my actual dab pen lol, if you was going off the looks of that adapter you'd think it was shit.

But you're probably after something more fancy, and i wouldn't blame you mate 👍

large.20240425_003900.jpg.549f88676d523158b845d73bb4fcaaf1.jpg

The Puffco peak has got my interest atm. Just broke one of my normal rigs yesterday so could do with a replacement myself.

• Like 1

@Military Grade so it's just the top bit and your screw it onto like a e cig mod? I've seen a few of those they look pretty good. That one looks tiny? TBH if it works it works, quite happy to get something cheap and cheerful if it's actually quite decent. Do you know what it's called? 

@SkyRider yeah they look pretty decent, pretty espe though, I've been looking at the knock offs and they seem basically the same for way less money. 

• Like 1

Military Grade
27 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

so it's just the top bit and your screw it onto like a e cig mod?

Yeah mate 👍, i already had the 510 battery part, i do have to unscrew in very slightly from fully tight just to assist with a bit more air flow, not sure if that's down the battery design or the adaptor design, a tiny twist(quarter turn) makes a big difference to air flow.

27 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Do you know what it's called? 

The Goods Dab Atomizer, Currently £10 on non sale price.

There's better options out there when it comes to cleaning, i'm not sure this thing can go in the Ultrasonic Cleaner due to its Crushed Quartz Coil so only used ios so far, i currently use it at 3.30v, but working my way lower slowly, I try not to dab too often lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

I have replaced the coil king battery with a normal 510 mod box so still use the coil bit and mouth piece - works well at 10w and also with a j-hook 14mm glass pipe just fits over the coil if your not using the mouth bit  (not the best fit tbh)

For cleaning i whack it up to about 20-30w and just blow through the j-hook like a fucker until the black gunk stops coming out of the holes in the bottom - eventually the little holes under the coil do get blocked and you have to replace the coil but they are pretty cheap.

As long as you dont put too much on the coil it works ok upside down.

I have the divine crossing 5 mod box one with the adaptor for a water piece - tbh its a bit of a faff to use and gets through so much oil compared to the coil king - i think uses a similar ceramic heater thing to the puff co/core

Edited by highgrower

5 minutes ago, highgrower said:

just blow through the j-hook like a fucker until the black gunk stops coming out of the holes in the bottom

That's exactly how I clean my hypnos lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

M Pamplemousse

@MindSoup

If you find such a device, do let us know 

😀

I've searched and gave up. Coils will scorch and gum up quick. Heated cups will overheat the concentrate and taste will degrade with multiple hits. Most dab devices are one or two hit wonders. Great at what they do but don't tick many of your requirements.

For context I have the following as portables: dt v5, sequoia, coil king, lightning pen, puffco proxy (used to have the AVS M22).

I've recently been playing with making my own vape carts.

But does require a lot of kit. Good quality bubble hash (fresh frozen preferably or equivalent), a press to press it and finally a method to decarb (I used a decarb puck on my plates).

Loaded into some ccell carts and fixed on a battery. Works fantastic, great taste and big hits. Yet to clog. I'm expecting it hence using 0.5ml carts to minimise loss.

So im now fully mobile with equivalent of 0.5g of sweet rosin to puff away on when I want. No coils or buckets to clean. Very subtle and hits like a train. Firs in a pocket. Just hit and walk on.

No thinners or terps or anything added. Just pure rosin.

Good luck

8 hours ago, SkyRider said:

£200 for the basic puffco model 😱

How much are the alternatives coming in at?

Oh right the one on RVS is 400 and something. The core is 150 or so. I've not shopped around much TBH. 

• Like 1

@Military Grade sounds tempting for a tenner, just as something to play with, I'm sure I've got a mod kicking about somewhere still. 

@highgrower the battery is actually the one thing with the coil king I don't have an issue with lol or are you saying a bigger battery makes the top bit work better? I honestly find it hard to get a proper hit from unless I overload it and then it just fart the oil all over the inside I think I might need something a bit beefier with a bigger chamber. 

@M Pamplemousse yeah if making carts wasn't such a chore I'd be keen to try it, they're super convenient. I have to admit I'm really not worried about flavour degradation, I know the terps contribute to the high but I just want something as convenient and simple to use over anything else TBH. I'll have a look around and see what I come up with. 

@BilgePump what's the Hypnos? Is that the one you mentioned when I asked a similar question a couple years back? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

@BilgePump just had a look, looks pretty decent but as you say not the bigger chamber, could be a contender though. 

@Shogun another cheap one there, almost worth buying just to try it. What's the deal with the long bit of plastic down the side? Air intake? Just for looks?  

4 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

@BilgePump just had a look, looks pretty decent but as you say not the bigger chamber, could be a contender though. 

@Shogun another cheap one there, almost worth buying just to try it. What's the deal with the long bit of plastic down the side? Air intake? Just for looks?  

The long bit is the straw, it's the bit you put to your lips. It's only that length because the battery is that length. You get lots of different designs of dabstraws. Some don't have batteries, you heat them with a torch and some have bubblers built in. Others have glass on glass connections so they can connect to bongs, vaps etc etc. The advantage to dab straws is no coils, metals etc inside. They are usually glass or ceramic.