Looking for a short flowering sativa strain

childofmelee

Military Grade

Attitude Seeds bank has very handy filters, there's a lot of 90%+ Sativas labelled as 8-9 weeks 👍

Their strain of the week

DNA Genetics Seeds Chocolope

attitude-dna-chocolope2_600x600.jpg

Originally, Chocolope cannabis seeds were named D-Line. These seeds are a dream for any new cultivator, with their large, frosty nugs and massive yields. This Sativa variety grows tall so be aware if you have limited height space. The genetic heritage of Chocolope is an Original Chocolate Thai female with a Cannalope male, which is backcrossed to achieve a shorter flowering stage but retain the Original Chocolate Thai qualities. Won 2nd place Best Sativa at the 2011 HTCC Amsterdam.  

Genetics: O.G Chocolate Thai x Cannalopehaze

Flowering Time: 8 - 9 weeks

Type: 95% Sativa / 5% Indica

Yield: 500 - 600g/m2

Height: Tall

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

Military Grade

I've not grown any myself tho, I did grow two Nurse Lilly CBD plants that were 90% sativa, they took over 13 weeks to flower, tasted like wet ash tray, and the high was very uncomfortable, heart would start pounding like crazy after two pulls, even my mate said he didn't like how it made him feel, but strangely my sister liked it but that was probably more to do with me giving her loads of it for free lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Haha 3

Choclope from Grey Area was absolutely banging, can't remember much about it but it was definitely a good one. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kc stoner said:

nebula

I've only done one, it was a freebie that came with the Sensi Star I ordered. I took her at 10 weeks. It was amazing for such a quick plant in terms of the high. I keep meaning to buy a pack and hope it's similar, was a cracking plant all round. Baseball bat buds but not what I'd call dense as such, but that's what you'd expect from a sat influeneced plant.

Absolutely spot on!

• Like 3

I would argue who really cares if the high is right, but yeah technically I suppose not. Is there even such a thing as a sativa/Indica? That's a whole other rabbit hole though, we all know what we're talking about... 

• Like 4

My 7 week old Panama seedling from Ace Seeds took 28 days under 12/12 to show sex! A whole month before showing white hairs!! 🤣🤣😩

• Haha 1

Fuck me I don't think I could be that patient lol. Funny though cos I've seen a few people grow the Panama and it seems like quite a quick one for a "pure sativa".

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

childofmelee
6 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Oh right those both sounds intriguing, I'm less bothered about flowering times but I'd love a nice short stocky plant that had a bit like an equatorial. 

I run outdoors in a climate that gets rainy and humid in the later half of bloom so I got to consider flowering times when deciding on a strain.  I've got 8 weeks flowering, 9 weeks maximum if I'm real lucky before the bad weather rolls in.

• Like 1

Oh right, we're talking outdoor. Apparently they're not what they once where, but I used to love Hybrids from Hells Royal Dane, quite leafy but finishes insanely early and tough as old boots. That's definitely a sativa buzz, but only in reg form and you'd probably need to do a big hunt and keep a mum to run over and over. Might  be worth checking his newer lines out. Take it you've had a look at real gorilla seeds stuff? They've got some good outdoor sativa fems, I've only grown the normal version but If they're fast lemon drizzle is half as good as their normal lemon drizzle it would be well worth a look.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

childofmelee
11 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Autos could be another option for some fast sativa, it's a damn shame what happened to Brock, his SHD crosses have some of the trippiest and highest quality sativa effects I've experienced, regardless of genetic make up. 

I forgot about autos. I'll have a look at those as well.

What happened to Brock?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, childofmelee said:

What happened to Brock?

Busted and lost all his seed stock and mother's, there's a few of his beans still in a few fridges, but once they're gone they're gone. 

• Like 2
  • WOW 1

childofmelee
8 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

Hella Jelly are a good option, some are done in less than 8 weeks too. Downside is you do get some variation in heights and phenos. It's a lovely smoke but not quite the soaring euphoria of a strong Sativa.

Maybe a fast Diesel might be better though - you could always use a 11/13 light cycle to shorten the flower time too.

Yeah I'm looking for that strong sativa effects on something with a short flowering time of 8-9  weeks, I know that is asking a lot but figured there is no harm is asking into the forum.

I should have mentioned I do outdoors.

• Like 2

childofmelee
6 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Attitude Seeds bank has very handy filters, there's a lot of 90%+ Sativas labelled as 8-9 weeks 👍

Their strain of the week

DNA Genetics Seeds Chocolope

attitude-dna-chocolope2_600x600.jpg

Originally, Chocolope cannabis seeds were named D-Line. These seeds are a dream for any new cultivator, with their large, frosty nugs and massive yields. This Sativa variety grows tall so be aware if you have limited height space. The genetic heritage of Chocolope is an Original Chocolate Thai female with a Cannalope male, which is backcrossed to achieve a shorter flowering stage but retain the Original Chocolate Thai qualities. Won 2nd place Best Sativa at the 2011 HTCC Amsterdam.  

Genetics: O.G Chocolate Thai x Cannalopehaze

Flowering Time: 8 - 9 weeks

Type: 95% Sativa / 5% Indica

Yield: 500 - 600g/m2

Height: Tall

DNA Genetics have been known to label any seeds whatever they want, that came from a guy that worked in the commercial seeds sector.  But then again DNA Genetics developed the chocolope strain, I wonder if it is the same chocolope from the 1980's?, most seed banks lose their original genetics through raids, mishaps, etc so maybe it is wishful thinking on my part?

I'll look into this more later on.  Thanks 

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 2