Looking for a short flowering sativa strain

childofmelee

childofmelee

Is there a sativa strain that fits this description:

90%-100% sativa

8-9 weeks flowering

Available as feminized seeds

• Like 3

I did a pack of paradise seeds sativa champions many moons ago all were great jacky white delahaze n nebula. They were probably finished in 9  weeks iir feminised. 90 to 100% sativa I dintvthink so

I think proper sats take double that to flower in general 

• Like 2

Short answer is no. As KC said a 90%+ sativa is pretty much always going to take a fair while to flower. 

But.

That's not to say you can't find some lovely sativa highs in plants that do finish quite quickly, my KC Brains Mango mum is very cerebral and uplifting, very much a sativa experience, been a while since I ran her but I think she's done in about 10 weeks. Nirvana Cali Orange was very sativa for me after a cure but grew quite compact and finished fairly fast. Thier Durban was also quite quick iirc but it did have a bit of a skunky element ton the buzz 8 weeks is probably asking a bit much but 9 probably isn't if you're willing to pick a hybrid that has a sativa high. 

I haven finished her yet, but my current Humboldt See Co Hella Jelly is supposed to be a sativa high, I think @DeltaMelter has grown it out so he can shed some light on that. 

All of these plants are featured in my mansion diary if you want to take a look, it's like 100 and something pages long now though so sorry in advance will probably take you all day to read through it lol. To make things even more annoying I often just refer to my plants as abbreviations. CO, HJ etc so even having a search can be long winded :doh:.

• Like 1

Autos could be another option for some fast sativa, it's a damn shame what happened to Brock, his SHD crosses have some of the trippiest and highest quality sativa effects I've experienced, regardless of genetic make up. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Autos could be another option for some fast sativa, it's a damn shame what happened to Brock, his SHD crosses have some of the trippiest and highest quality sativa effects I've experienced, regardless of genetic make up. 

Totally agree mucker !      

Brocks work with the SHD line is class , full of flavour , wicked effect and torture tested outdoor ladies :yes:

Honoured to have my final play in the garden  with my fav of Brocks work ...The SHD x BBG :yes:

• Like 3

As brother Soup mentioned .... a 9wk true sativa is an ask !

Autos are a very good shout ,  SS auto Triton Biscotto Lime would be my first to try.

I also suggest looking at  SS  Mac & Crack for a fem. ,  pics in my 21 / 22 runs ,  both big & small pots,  its a dirty aroma but a wicked plant and the end product is banging. 

Another would be Sweets  NYC Diesel. Aka. Ice Cool. ,   A rather tasty plant. 
Very hardy ,  very stinky , very nice end product and a rather nice smoke.

Just a few off the top of the head and all in my diaries , i normally light dep the sativas to ensure i get the most from them. 

I would also look at some of the Sagarmatha offerings as they been nothing short of incredible in the garden , taken the cold wet end of season and i have NEVER been disappointed with the plant or herb.

Good luck with it sir 

• Like 4

Hella Jelly are a good option, some are done in less than 8 weeks too. Downside is you do get some variation in heights and phenos. It's a lovely smoke but not quite the soaring euphoria of a strong Sativa.

Maybe a fast Diesel might be better though - you could always use a 11/13 light cycle to shorten the flower time too.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

fast Diesel

Are they available again? Might have to lift the seed ban if they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

The SHD x BBG 

Still haven't got round to popping one of those, think I gave most of mine away, hopefully still one or two left. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

not quite the soaring euphoria of a strong Sativa.

Yeah when I looked at the genetics I sort of figured it would be sativa leaning as apposed to anything true sativa. Hopefully it'll still be a bit of a contrast against the Blueberry Muffin she's growing alongside.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

childofmelee
4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Short answer is no. As KC said a 90%+ sativa is pretty much always going to take a fair while to flower. 

But.

That's not to say you can't find some lovely sativa highs in plants that do finish quite quickly, my KC Brains Mango mum is very cerebral and uplifting, very much a sativa experience, been a while since I ran her but I think she's done in about 10 weeks. Nirvana Cali Orange was very sativa for me after a cure but grew quite compact and finished fairly fast. Thier Durban was also quite quick iirc but it did have a bit of a skunky element ton the buzz 8 weeks is probably asking a bit much but 9 probably isn't if you're willing to pick a hybrid that has a sativa high. 

I have located a couple of sativa's that are fast flowering, Jamaican Dream is 90% sativa and finishes in 7-8 weeks (I've seen some grow diaries to confirm it) and Bokeo #2 which is a 100% sativa is done in 6 months from seed to harvest.  But I still want to see what else is out there.  Both strains have traits that don't make the strains ideal for my grow environment although I will grow out one of those strains if I can't find anything better.

4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I haven finished her yet, but my current Humboldt See Co Hella Jelly is supposed to be a sativa high, I think @DeltaMelter has grown it out so he can shed some light on that. 

All of these plants are featured in my mansion diary if you want to take a look, it's like 100 and something pages long now though so sorry in advance will probably take you all day to read through it lol. To make things even more annoying I often just refer to my plants as abbreviations. CO, HJ etc so even having a search can be long winded :doh:.

Yeah I'll have a nosy through your diary later on today.  Thanks for the recommendations.

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 2

Oh right those both sounds intriguing, I'm less bothered about flowering times but I'd love a nice short stocky plant that had a bit like an equatorial. 

Yeah good luck hunting through it, not the most triumphant of dairies, but if you see it's done well for me you know it's a hardy old beast lol.

E2A I guess that also shows how sometimes you can't be expect the plant to match the description, how did yours turn out @Arthur Mix where they indi dom as described? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

Kc has Mango listed as Indica leaning and in the addition info bit 100% Indica . 

So it does, been a long while  since I read the description, it's almost the exact opposite of my keeper. In that case I think my lady might be a bit of an outlier, she has some indica in her structure but the high is all sparkles and zing and her leaves are quite slender. So yeah scratch that off the recommendation list lol, unless you've got room for a proper hunt. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3