Sex advice 😜

A1Dan

Ok, probably dumb question, but hey, I'm still new to this (growing that is... Not the other😜).

Β 

The few plants I've grown over the last couple of years (all autoflowering feminised, supposedly at least!) mostly grow buds that look like this as they get towards flowering, with clear and obvious, long pistils:

large.20240629_091639.jpg.26287ff969761d52ff9e27d16645fe36.jpg

Β 

This year one of mine is looking like this, which from what I've done online still look like female calyx from their general shape, but I wanted to check they aren't boy nut-sacks, just in case!:

large.20240629_091700.jpg.ef118c5d092df457b34c9a5df3533a62.jpg

I think this is a mutation. Not male but it probably won't produce bud the way you want it to.Β 
I've seen similar plants posted quite a bit recently, my guess is genetic lottery/bad genetics.Β 
Here's a pic of one from another site.Β 

r/CannabisGrowers - Whats going on with my plant?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lubdub said:

I think this is a mutation. Not male but it probably won't produce bud the way you want it to.Β 
I've seen similar plants posted quite a bit recently, my guess is genetic lottery/bad genetics.Β 
Here's a pic of one from another site.Β 

r/CannabisGrowers - Whats going on with my plant?

Wow, that one barely looks like a weed plant!

latigid aikon

I think that's probably similar to how cannabis looked before humans cultivated it thousands of years ago. There is no survival benefit from a plant evolving in to a state where it grows thousands of relatively heavy and immobile seeds and then just drops them all in the same square metre of ground when maybe 30 or 40 is enough to ensure its genetics reach the next generation.

• Like 1

Military Grade
3 hours ago, mr rhino said:

Bit of Dr Grinspoon innit.

That's was the first thing i thought of too mate lol

Β 

• Like 1

Military Grade

It kinda looks like they are stuck in the middle of trying to flower and reveg at the same time lol , a few single finger leaves in them pics

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shogun said:

What strain is it mate? As mentioned above there are a few similar pics posted online recently.

Claims to be Northern Lights, it's from a different seed bank to normal though... White Label

• Like 1

white label are part of sensi seeds , supposed to be good too -but its a mutant,...... grow it out and seee what it does,,,,,i would

• Like 2

Military Grade
1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

white label are part of sensi seeds , supposed to be good too

That's reassuring to hear i got two of their Strawberry Kush's i wan't to try at some point πŸ‘

If that strawberry kush is like the one I tried in Rotterdam last year it would definitely be worth growing, think it might have even been from a sensi headshop? I definitely remember seeing the logo.Β 

Edited by MindSoup