Good soil these days?

GreenVision

17 hours ago, KC said:

never had a bad bag of Canna Pro so far

Honestly mate, if you had asked me 5 years ago which soil I'd use instead of Plant Magic Soil Supreme I would have said Canna in the blink of an eye. But then exactly that happened. I brought a bag of Canna Pro Plus and totally f'd me. 

My clone looked like I had fed them bleach. The room was covered in bug a week later. Had that of not happened this topic wouldn't have even been put up, I'd have just gone straight to Canna.

But TBF after reading all the comments here it sounds like I just had piss poor luck. I did order via an online auction site, and it was the one bag of pro plus. 

Maybe I'll pencil that in as a one off fluke / bad luck and try the Canna Professional.

• Like 1

latigid aikon
1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

an issue of how it was stored

I've been to more than one grow shop that has uncovered pallets of all mix etc. outside getting rained on.

• Like 1

I tend to hit soil with Nematodes now on pot-up when fresh soil is added. Just another expense though but if I spot gnats when they are seedlings then the soil gets nuked. Followed by a dose of Gnat Attack bacteria. Lost my DiscoBiscuit mum to those little bastards so never again!

Fuck Thrips though

2 hours ago, GreenVision said:

So not the professional PLUS... Just the Canna Terra Professional?

Yep, just the normal canna terra pro NOT the plus.

2 hours ago, GreenVision said:

But if the normal Terra Professional is good then I could actually get on board with that as like I said I can get it for a really good price close to me.

I think you may have just got a bad bag of the plus last time, its pretty good stuff just not economical - but the canna terra pro is great, and about £10/11 a bag.

• Like 2

Years back I had a bag of CannaBio, don't know if the shop stopped stocking it because I never had another one. Might have been a coincidence but I had some Buddhas Sister from Soma yield about double what I normally got from that sized pot. 

But yes normal Pro for me, I used to use the plus but felt it was weak in nutes although later I seem it said it was stronger than the pro. I go with what I find though. 

Oh I use h+g batmix too sometimes, that's sweet too.

• Like 2

Trashedagain77

I've always used John Innes 1,2 and 3. I used to mix a bit of pearlite and/or vermiculite in the first couple of pot sizes then just no. 3 last pot. It's been good to me but I can't compare it with others as its all I've used. It's usually easy to find too. I'm back on the rockwool hydro now after disappointing yields in soil in comparison. Peace.