HELP!!!!

CBDbudd

Evening all… I’ve been searching for the past 2 weeks for the ideal setup and I’m getting nowhere fast…

I want a 2.4x1.2 full setup with LED lights up to £1000 max… I’ve always lived by buy cheap, buy twice, so I’ve been looking for half decent quality gear.. can anyone help please?

I thought I had it sussed atleast 3 times over the last couple but clearly not!! 
I do like the look of the omega black 750w LEDs, they are quite pricy though, anything equivalent to them?

thanks in advance guys

I think you'll find they one of the cheapest LEDs of that power and I wouldn't of thought a bad light either. Think you need to buy a separate ballast with them which will run them at 660w max

If your new to growing maybe half the growing space and Initial outlay to start 

• Like 1

It’s me and a friend to be honest, I managed to talk him down from 2.4x2.4 😳….

ive seen them for a REASONABLE price with ballast included to be fair… I keep leaning towards them and will probably end up getting them… just thought I’d ask the question, but I am struggling with the rest… extraction fan, a decent tent… I’ll 100% go with the rhino pro carbon filter I think, I’ve heard it completely gets rid of the smell

Yeah 8ftx4ft is a big ol' space for a beginner.

Unfortunately lighting it with leds that are up to the job would eat into your budget quite considerably.

The omega black is probably your best option, they're available on the bay of e for sub 300 notes with a ballast, thats less than 50p a watt which is gonna be hard to beat, the kicker is the fact you'll need two units for a tent that size.

Are you dead set on running leds? Hos is cheap these days..

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump

1 minute ago, CBDbudd said:

me and a friend to be hones

Eeesh thats not a great starting point.

Are you really good mates? Also whos gaff is this grow gonna be in?

1 minute ago, BilgePump said:

Eeesh thats not a great starting point.

Are you really good mates? Also whos gaff is this grow gonna be in?

We are really good mates, so are our partners, both pretty laid back as well so not really a chance of any falling outs or anything… 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Yeah 8ftx4ft is a big ol' space for a beginner.

Unfortunately lighting it with leds that are up to the job would eat into your budget quite considerably.

The omega black is probably your best option, they're available on the bay of e for sub 300 notes with a ballast, thats less than 50p a watt which is gonna be hard to beat, the kicker is the fact you'll need two units for a tent that size.

Are you dead set on running leds? Hos is cheap these days..

Yeah we’re dead set on LEDs mate.. I think the omega blacks are the 1, I’ve found them for £275 with ballasts included 

42 minutes ago, CBDbudd said:

I want a 2.4x1.2 full setup with LED lights up to £1000 max…

42 minutes ago, CBDbudd said:

looking for half decent quality gear..

Probably not going to happen to be honest. Even a decent quality tent that size will be near enough a quarter of that. Up your budget or downsize the space, I'd pick the later, you'd be amazed how much comes out of a tent even half that size. 

Also +1 on what @BilgePump is saying, one of you will put more effort in than the other and then you'll have to try and navigate what's a fair share etc etc etc. I'm not 100% against the idea, I have a few mates that grow and we pop in to water for eachother from time to time, but it's a big risk to take and best avoided for the most part.

• Like 2

I had a friend of over 20 years who I'd see everyday, he kept getting married a secret from me and some other stuff, you just never know sometimes, anyways soon as I thought I could no longer trust him he had to go.

:execute:

Trust is very important in a friendship but trust is like rules, it's there to be broken sadly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MindSoup said:

Probably not going to happen to be honest. Even a decent quality tent that size will be near enough a quarter of that. Up your budget or downsize the space, I'd pick the later, you'd be amazed how much comes out of a tent even half that size. 

Also +1 on what @BilgePump is saying, one of you will put more effort in than the other and then you'll have to try and navigate what's a fair share etc etc etc. I'm not 100% against the idea, I have a few mates that grow and we pop in to water for eachother from time to time, but it's a big risk to take and best avoided for the most part.

I’ve tried getting it down to a 150x150 but he’s dead set on 240x120 which is cool, we’re in it together so compromise is part of the process… he’s my neighbour and I have full access to where it’s going so it’ll definitely be a joint effort for sure…. But I do get what you’re saying… it’s something we’ve both wanted to do for a while so we thought sod it why not…

Just now, Military Grade said:

I had a friend of over 20 years who I'd see everyday, he kept getting married a secret from me and some other stuff, you just never know sometimes, anyways soon as I thought I could no longer trust him he had to go.

:execute:

Trust is very important in a friendship but trust is like rules, it's there to be broken sadly.

That is crazy! The whole marriage thing is wild man! Did he atleast give you a reason as to why it was kept secret?

if it goes left, then it goes left but I think it’ll be fine

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CBDbudd said:

I’ve tried getting it down to a 150x150 but he’s dead set on 240x120 which is cool, we’re in it together so compromise is part of the process… he’s my neighbour and I have full access to where it’s going so it’ll definitely be a joint effort for sure…. But I do get what you’re saying… it’s something we’ve both wanted to do for a while so we thought sod it why not…

Well..... 

..... Good luck. 

You're good to need it.

E2A That probably sounds overly cynical, but I've heard the same thing countless times and then 3 months down the line those people aren't friends anymore and usually quite paranoid. I could well be wrong though and I sincerely hope I am :hippy:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Use it as a learning process so that when it goes sour you know exactly what to spend yer hard earned on to set up properly for yourself.

Im speaking from experience bro, lad i used to gg with shafted me the last year we collabed , we don't speak these days, and he was a top tier mate or so i thought, weirdly he had a tale of going in on an indoor grow with someone else that he got cut out of, it's really not uncommon

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 3

Thanks guys, I know you’re all speaking from experience and i appreciate that…

I’ll definitely use it as a learning curve and if it goes sour, I’ll go at it alone and cut my losses… he’s a nice fella though so I hope it works well… I just can’t wait to get it going now, this constant online window shopping is giving me a headache now

With a space like that you're going to blast through your budget, guaranteed. Might as well accept it now and plan ahead. Focus on the bulky expensive stuff first and see what you can hold off until later/next month. BudBox make nice tents, or you can get something cheaper off the river site but I wouldn't skimp on the structure holding my expensive heavy equipment up above my fragile plants. 

• Like 1