Clay, Clay and more

Rigsby

So I was reading through various threads about clay and noticed a difference in opinion (which is good).

I know about cleaning them before use, but looking at it, I'm not going to be doing all that

nandy-pandy stuff about soaking them and ph'ing the water etc. It's going to be a good wash and in the pots they go.

When I have my plants in the pots, what would be a good start point for watering: ie frequency etc

through various stages of growth. I will be using this as a guide-line for when I start.

tia

@Rigsby  i assume you're talking clay balls !

On my 1st grow i used clay balls to cover the top of the soil to keep the top of the soil moist ... I didn't wash them at all and just spread them over the top, maybe i should have since it was a little dusty ... however there didn't seem to be any adverse affect. :woot:

I think the PH stuff is meant for coco grows ? No experience with that 😀

As for your watering ..... that's a learning curve, everybody's grow is different .... just don't let the soil dry out, many here use the good old fashion way of pot weight .... heavy=no water .... light=time to water ...  🚿

This is something you will learn as i did  :thumsup: