Turning yellow, thought it was light burn?

David Attenborough

Slippy One

You can tell if it's light burn if you see the yellowing in the middle going out. I've run 2 strains under 11-1300 PAR with zero probs, but my 3rd run shit itself under that. By the time you realize the problem it's too late, sill still finish but limping over the finish line. I'm going to aim for 7-900 PAR from now on. Good PAR meter is £30 these days, and folks have good results from an app. 

Good luck

• Like 3

Military Grade
13 hours ago, Yosser Hughes said:

Oh BTW dope can never have to much light its a myth fukin ell 😂

brosciencephd-meme-generator-certified-p

lol

• Haha 1

David Attenborough
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys, the one plant that is savable from the three damaged plants I will ph down to 5.7 ish and see if that brings it back, the other two are toast. I had 8 in total. One was a gorilla glue freebee , thats the one I am trying to bring back. I didnt top them, wanted to go natural to see if I couyld get a mum from this crop then instead of growing 8 plants once a year I can grow two/threee but more often,  just to try and bring the numbers down and save on space.

Spo even if I only grow 5 I will still have a fairly full tent, less yeild but more room to grow.

So I am thinking ph5.7 today, next feed 6.2 then following feed 5.7 and just keep alternating, does that sound about right?

Roots look fine, root temps are around 22 ish but can rise to tent temps sometimes.

Its such a shame because the two that I pulled were really nice looking plants, just the right size and structure.

Edited by David Attenborough

MistYGr33n

@David Attenborough

i would cut a clone or 2 off the plant and reveg it. 
You use GA? Do you have any trace elements? That’s what I would use. It could be due to your water being hard. Maybe there is a build up of something. Maybe flushing once every 5 feedings with ph’d water and trace elements would fix future problems. It actually recommends doing so at the bottom of their feed schedule. I would get hold of them, see what they recommend. 

MistY

David Attenborough
30 minutes ago, MistYGr33n said:

@David Attenborough

i would cut a clone or 2 off the plant and reveg it. 
You use GA? Do you have any trace elements? That’s what I would use. It could be due to your water being hard. Maybe there is a build up of something. Maybe flushing once every 5 feedings with ph’d water and trace elements would fix future problems. It actually recommends doing so at the bottom of their feed schedule. I would get hold of them, see what they recommend. 

MistY

I might try that, I water to run off usually to prevent build up, I remember in veg some of them looked quite yellow, then they got better for a while, not sure why, think I might have gotten lazy and didnt stay ontop of it like I should have.

Flamedodger

It’s not a ph problem, weed is good anywhere from 5.5 - 7. It doesn't look like light burn either. Have you got them on a heat mat? I’d recommend it if not👍🏼

• Like 1

David Attenborough

Thanks for the replies guys, your advice is always appreciated.

I ran some nutes through it at 5.7 , left it a day then flushed with 6.2 until the run off was around 6.

I think its got a little greener but I also think most of the plant is lost.

large.20240624_211825.jpg.ecd6dc534dbc827fc5a0d55e0ffa18a4.jpglarge.20240624_211809.jpg.3bdbac2e1db3eb6b7c7497a8c13c9137.jpg

Si I am considering pulling it, I am down to six in a 1.2x1.2 , didnt top them, no net or anything, it isnt exactly crowded in there though and light is reaching the floor.

large.20240624_211752.jpg.14252d7ab7cd49c3ce420a13d8d66eb8.jpg

Plants are a little over 3 weeks in , by all accounts they are 8 week plants so still a bit to go.

It was hot today, temps in tent reached 31, only one started praying though which is good. So I am getting closer to choosing a mum from these, if any end up worthy, we shall see.

large.20240624_212102.jpg.c78ee012f5d9aef07a8e1efa693c86d4.jpglarge.20240624_212113.jpg.6efa258c6ec1b02ad7e4db65c773e980.jpg

So what do you guys think? Would you pull the yellow one? Would the stress it is under cause it to hermie?

• Like 1

Yosser Hughes
On 22/06/2024 at 09:18, stu914 said:

But this wasn't using leds though...different animal and you either get on with them or you don't.

Personally my yield has doubled and costs almost halved using leds...but then old dogs new tricks.

In the same space I ran over 1000 watts of LED and I slung a 400 hid in there to warm the roots keep them cozy,cold roots sad fruits 🤣 Don't listen to me tho I only grew dope for 42 years. 🤣

• Haha 1

Yosser Hughes
1 minute ago, Military Grade said:

You used 400w to heat your roots instead of a 30w heat mat🤔

No wonder you have problems lol

🙄 🤣

Yosser Hughes
5 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

No I used it for several reasons that leds would not suffice do me a favour butty av a fiver and do one 🙄 I'm not in the best of moods parked up waiting for me soup to boil on the M6

Military Grade

42 years and still can't use a LED grow light, I guess people really do learn at different rates

No one asked you to come and premenstrate all over the place, Stick a Tampon in it mate lol

• Like 1

Yosser Hughes
15 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Oh here's food for thought butt when did ewe ever see or hear of the sun warming ya roots up from underneath the pots 🙄 I myself grew dope created mother nature indoors..... unlike ewe 🤣 Now here av a fiver nos da 👌

Yosser Hughes
3 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

42 years and still can't use a LED grow light, I guess people really do learn at different rates

No one asked you to come and premenstrate all over the place, Stick a Tampon in it mate lol

When ewe turn out produce like I have butt then come av a pop  I don't use tampons  butt I use tenna  panties 🤣

• Haha 1