Turning yellow, thought it was light burn?

David Attenborough

3 weeks into flower, temps around mid 20's, rh around 60 but did drop to mid 30s for a while, coco, GA bloom at 4 ml per litre, cal/mag 15/1 but adding epsom salts, Migro array 8 . In a tent with extraction. PH around 6.2.large.20240621_152645.jpg.833959e4804de3e4ccdb5d2ddc0d5944.jpglarge.20240621_152638.jpg.020a68b2e661a7bb6d793d404fb77900.jpglarge.20240621_152628.jpg.52e0e578d88350e0b7a47821e85845c1.jpglarge.20240621_152617.jpg.baa82479177eb2a47c24178370ed4df9.jpglarge.20240621_152547.jpg.fe5a8c00e85f02a2d5fd99233bfa9306.jpglarge.20240621_152602.jpg.acba39a0649c892a3f5d54b57478d02f.jpg

So when this started I thought it was light burn, now I am not so sure, two plants went yellow quite fast, a third is heading the same way.

Seems to be on new growth all over plant then spreads to fan leaves.

Its Bruce Banner from original sensible seeds, Ive had bad genetics from them before but this looks enviromental?

Any ideas?

The light were gradually increased up to around 80 percent, I have backed them right off now until I can get to the bottom of it. I have pulled the two worst plants because they wont recover from this.

• Like 2

Forgot to add, coco was buffered but I might not have done it correctly, I soaked over night in PH6.2 with epsom salts then flushed, then soaked in grow nutes over night before planting.

• Like 1

Stick to a decent coco like canna or ecothrive - doesnt need manual buffering

Are you using GA hard water or soft water? If hard, you dont need the cal/mag, just a touch of epsom to bring up the CA / MG ratio

If its new growth, its a immobile nutrient definacy

Do you water to run off, whats your run off ec? I tend to fluctuate my ph, will give 5.5 one day, 6.0 the following few days, etc,

that burnt growth does look like the leafs been frazzled, for 3 weeks into flower, theres not many bud sites yet wouldve expected to see more

• Like 3

Looks hungry to me,you got nute lockout somehow? I use ph perfect so cant help much

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, David Attenborough said:

large.20240621_152617.jpg.baa82479177eb2a47c24178370ed4df9.jpg

i was gonna say maybe hunger or lock out of some kind, but this pic i ain't seen something like that before so i don't know, is this a coco/hydro thing?

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

i was gonna say maybe hunger or lock out of some kind, but this pic i ain't seen something like that before so i don't know, is this a coco/hydro thing?

That’s light burn alright. I have it on a few of my girls. Stretch got away from me. I would take pics but I can’t work out the upload photo thing.

The other photos look like a deficiency as you can see it on older leaves too. The last pic you can see a lot of leaf tip burn as well. 

Misty

Edited by MistYGr33n
  • Like 1

The dry bits I think are just because I pulled those plants and stopped watering, so it could be that. My water is well hard so using GA hard nutes. The coco is canna natural, its only lightly buffered so I thought it prudent to buffer again, Ive never seen anything like this happen as quickly.

I thought nute lockout due to poorly buffered coco?

@David Attenboroughi would suggest downloading Photone app and take some light readings. Don’t forget to cut in inch strip of plain paper to go over the front camera for a defuser 👍🏼

• Like 1

I use GA nutes as well. I use Canna coco natural. But i reuse my coco anyway. 
when I make my feed up it’s always  a ph of 6. That’s one of the reasons I use GA. No need for PHing.

I had a bag of 50-50 gold mix coco and pebbles. That stuff was shite. Had gnats in it so I flushed the entire bag with boiling water from the kettle. Took ages. 
now it’s all mixed together. Canna and gold mix. 
Thing is with your issue if it’s lockout there isn’t much you can do other than ride it out making sure your feed is the correct ph. 

That dope is clearly starved of N as for to much light I've never heard so much bollox I used to run 1200 watts of HID in a space 1.4 mt cubed fuk me 🙄

Oh BTW dope can never have to much light its a myth fukin ell 😂

• Haha 1

What do the roots look like?

Only time I've ever seen leaves like that was on clones that were being over watered and over fed.

7 hours ago, Yosser Hughes said:

I used to run 1200 watts of HID in a space 1.4 mt cubed fuk me 🙄

But this wasn't using leds though...different animal and you either get on with them or you don't.

Personally my yield has doubled and costs almost halved using leds...but then old dogs new tricks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Animal proverbs coming out strong this morning. 

My first thought was sulphur deficiency going by the pattern of the damage, I'm not familiar with coco though sorry if that's not helpful.

• Haha 1

If you Ph to 6.2 all the time you may lock out some nutrients needing lower Ph for the plant to uptake.

I find varying the Ph from 5.8 to 6.2 keeps things green.

• Like 2