VPD chart

screrg

Areet,

I've just had all gear I need to  tune in my grow from AC infinity and never been into VPD but looking forward to it. Anyone have a vpd chart as I don't know where they're meant to be. Gonna have a play with the app and get the equipment hooked up t the controller shortly so need to know what's what.

Any help much apreciated as always.  :) 

• Like 1

Great chart to have. I'm 3 weeks into flower and my room temp is 24c and 65% RH with a VPD of 0.98 kpa which is spot on. My extraction is on 9 which is pretty noisy but as it's so awful outside with RH at 78%. Hopefully this weather will change to a more drier atmosphere when I approach late flower. I'm running fast versions which apparently should take 7 weeks.

• Like 1

As @MindSoupmentioned. Leaf offset temps will be roughly -2° for LEDs. if you haven’t got an IR thermometer, it’s probably a good idea to get or borrow one if you’re using sodium, hid etc 👍🏼

I’ve hacked my ACI controller to home assistant and get continuous reading on a chart;

large.IMG_0001.jpeg.82ff846c816d0088cfbae7d91eebddef.jpeg

Sensor positioning is also pretty important. 4” above my canopy I have a sensor and it’s almost always drier and hotter than on the fan sensors which I keep at the same height as my buds. Bury it in the canopy and it’s a right old game getting environment right 👍🏼

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MindSoup said:

@screrg your running LED yeah? LSTs will be a lot higher with HID. 

Aye, PAR+275. Is the chart for LEDs? @Flamedodger My probe is pretty central and at canopy height. I've got the humidifier pointing towards the circulation fan as much as poss to try and spread the joy. They look happy so so do I. They're mid veg and at 24C and 70% so spot on according to Military grade's chart. Even if I have to take 2C off the chart for the fact they're under LEDs it's still spot on. I'm getting brutalised at work atm so just having a quick check but off Sunday so will have a look at setting the controller up and dialling things in when i have time. I've got the app soo will be like a kid at Xmas when I can have a check on them any time :)

What do you mean sodium, HID? I'm in mud in fabric pots using grower's ark nutes. I fed them for the first time yesterday as it looked like they'd used up all the nutes in the soil and have defo rooted out so looking for some good growth here on in. I super cropped yesterday to get them growing the right way and get the tops down to let the other areas get some light. Snapped one and shit mesel but taped it up and looks like it's glued itself back together 😬👌

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, screrg said:

What do you mean sodium, HID?

Lights, they run a lot hotter and radiate heat, so high leaf offsets. In the ACI app don’t forget to set a min fan speed, if it’s zero it will turn off 👍🏼

• Like 1

There’s a site that allows you to create VPD charts with your own leaf offset temp.

I seem to recall the company is called Pulse,

should be found by searching the web for “custom VPD chart maker” :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

There’s a site that allows you to create VPD charts with your own leaf offset temp.

I seem to recall the company is called Pulse,

should be found by searching the web for “custom VPD chart maker” :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

That looks spot on shumroom. Thanks as always. 👍

• Thanks 1

@screrg

Setting up the controller is very easy and a fantastic bit of kit. First time I've used it this grow and it's been a real help in getting the environment dialled in. 

• Like 1

Tbh I stopped caring about VPD after two grows, didn't make any noticeable difference other than a raise in the risk of bud rot, so I keep now keep my environment close to the ideal VPD without trying but more focused on leaning more to the bud rot prevention side 👍

Someone recently explained how most us misinterpreted what VPD is, it's a by product rather than a target to aim for or something along them lines lol, hopefully they see this thread and can explain it over again.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Tbh I stopped caring about VPD after two grows

Yeah I stopped caring, tried measuring LSTs with the old laser thermometer thing, realised that even one leaf had variation of 2 degrees across it's surface, thought to myself "what a load of nonsense" carried on as I was before lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah I stopped caring, tried measuring LSTs with the old laser thermometer thing, realised that even one leaf had variation of 2 degrees across it's surface, thought to myself "what a load of nonsense" carried on as I was before lol

add to that the thermometer guns have a 2c tolerance aand u could be 4c out on any leaf🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good point lol. If anyone can suggest a practical and accurate way to measure LSTs then I'm all ears.

• Haha 1