vac pac storage methods

Brother B

I have never vac packed my herb but i do vac pack all the butters / oil / honey when making it and as such i tried numeroud vac pack machines.     
im currently happy with the current machine as its designed for wet & dry packing and the sous vide setting gives great control on the vac side .... poss better for what you trying to achieve.

So poss find a machine with wet food / sous vide option.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i vac pack but i dont use the vacuum function, as ive had issues doing this before. it crushes the buds to death.

instead i make up vac seal bags and stick 9 oz or less in each bag, then i gently compress it inside the bag, till its tight, thenm i press out any excess air, then i vac seal the other end. these have lasted a year and a half, buried inside a sealed "escobar" barrel lol.

works fine

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve used for about 1 year now fucking love them. Not the cheapest but they are for sure the dog’s. My ganja never lasts long enough for length of time in the bags to have any adverse effects, after this harvest I’m hoping that’s not the case and might just seal them with gaffer tape as suggested by @CuriousOrange  They aren’t cheap but fuck me they rock imhJo. 
Boom Shiva. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I wouldn't mind getting a heat sealer for the Grove bags tho

Anyone used one like this?
71e9PJNlz+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or any recommendations?

Got exactly the same one. Just try and get the seal as far up the top of the grove bag. I reckon I’ve done 4 crops with them and now I’m running out of spare to seal 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Have used a similar impulse sealer as in the pic , was janky better off paying a bit more imho .:oldtoker:

38 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

@Flamedodger Thanks mate 🫡, it's not bad priced either 👍

I really wish the grove bags had a bit more above the ziplock, you could use them for a lot longer. I’ve tried a few different bags with the sealer and it’s great. I’ve got some decomposable paper bags that I’m experimenting with, but they sent the wrong size, so can only get a 1/4 in 🙄

• Like 1

Just checked my own records, about these things. Avoid the Abosi brand, what ever ye do. Pieces of shit don't last six months. I know. I tried Two of them! :frown:

Anyone passing through Co. Leitrim? I still have a few rolls of bags, cluttering my tool room ..... (Not Abosi, and perfectly good. I too hate throwing away perfectly good stuff. But ...)