stardog- whats the appeal.

badbillybob

Ugorg used it in a cross didn’t they? Saw a pack of seeds tonight when going through what I’ve got.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KC said:

Just because buds are rock hard doesn't mean they have pgr in btw, I've grown plenty. I'm not saying it doesn't happen of course. This includes hid lighting too, some strains are just solid.

Very good point KC but I feel the lack of smell and trichs prob points to pgr,s being used

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Revive said:

Very good point KC but I feel the lack of smell and trichs prob points to pgr,s being used

sdo do i

• Like 2

There's fuckall wrong with some nice woofer now and then  when grown she's grown with care.

She  makes  some nice little hybrids too...

large.Screenshot_20231010_193052_Gallery.jpg.33960cbc3d0b56cef7eb825f86c399c4.jpglarge.Screenshot_20231014_121453_Gallery.jpg.8956a1e48a85ec59c6e7d562d8dda1c3.jpglarge.20231014_205048.jpg.33c63824a17fe22788232ca14e497f0c.jpglarge.Screenshot_20231014_121453_Gallery.jpg.8794e923cb8d0343771a830c39a428a6.jpg

That reminds me, I'm late for my wake and bake! :stoned:

✌️ 

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@northern_soul

yeah I imagine it’s 3/5ml of seaweed extract per 1l I could be wrong I probably am but I think his tagged a thread with details. And I call it a seed fridge but it’s really just a mini fridge I’ve dedicated for seeds and keep my clonex in there but the hardest part it keeping an eye on moisture you don’t want the beans absorbing that up had it once it was chocolate sherbet and  they actually rooted in the packaging pissed me off because I only noticed by accident and by then the roots where brown slime. 

will definitely try the seaweed as I’ve got some already and haveing a look at @badbillybob  said to use gibberlic acid  never head of it but willing to listen to people who have been there and done it👍

• Like 2

GA is the most effective way but it requires some precision, if you leave it on the seeds too long it will kill them iirc. If it's something really old and really special though it's probably worth trying. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Greenfingers95 said:

Found with stardawg it was susceptible to herming and if you try and over run a week it can go from a decent looking short bush to dawg shit with powder mildew  🤣  that was my experience gelato is much the same nice short bushy structure lovely dark nugs but can get seeds I even with abit of stress.

off topic so sorry for jumping in here. I’ve  got 4 Humboldt mint og seeds the originals and got to be well over 8 years + old tried popping one with the water in glass technique but no joy they have been in the fridge so thought they should be preserved as best as I could. Any tricks ? Thought maybe a light scarification but never done that before. 

The old Choc Mint OG is bangin !,     
Awesome plants , nice structure / great vigour and a wonderful smoke 👍

Shame they totally ruined the 2.0 version .

Old seeds imuse coconut water and had  circa 95% win so far ...including seeds that were funky / moldy and furry.       A straight soak for 36 to 48hrs and go with your chosen method after that.   
Best of luck with it and would be great to see some Choc Mint growing. 
Last run i did was ....'22 .. i think ,  pics will be in my diaries.   
all the best with it mate

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Greenfingers95 said:

use gibberlic acid 

I would imagine that it affects the Gibberellin hormones, that promotes growth 👍🏼

Edited by Flamedodger
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 09/06/2024 at 09:49, MindSoup said:

Looking forward to this, probably not the one to do any testing but once you've got the finished article I'll definitely be grabbing a pack. 

I’m glad I mentioned it before, as was just a side project that had come about by chance really, but you guys have shown fair bit of interest in it, so will give it more priority….

I’m not gonna focus on commercial traits like yield or density,  more into what it does in a Rizzla…

Prepare to have your brains obliterated lol 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, stummer said:

Ugorg used it in a cross didn’t they? Saw a pack of seeds tonight when going through what I’ve got.

Yup its half of GhettoBlaster and I think its the Manni cut. I hadn't (knowingly!) smoked StarDawg before that but it lent a fair bit of extra potency and some hashiness to the DiscoBiscuit's cheesy fruit. Well worth a grow imho if you either love StarDawg / DiscoBiscuit already or (like me) hadn't really smoked any before.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, OldFord said:

The Old Choc Mint OG is bangin !,     

From the times when HSO wasn't muckin about. Still got a few original packs in the fridge from 2019..An absolute corker of a strain 🔥..Likewise, last run in 22'. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OldFord said:

The old Choc Mint OG is bangin !,     

Shame they totally ruined the 2.0 version .

Old seeds imuse coconut water and had  circa 95% win so far ...including seeds that were funky / moldy and furry.       A straight soak for 36 to 48hrs and go with your chosen method after that.   
Best of luck with it and would be great to see some Choc Mint growing. 
Last run i did was ....'22 .. i think ,  pics will be in my diaries.   
all the best with it mate

ive got some choc mint crosses in my stash, not many but its a cracker. if i start breeding again ill break it out

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

Yup its half of GhettoBlaster and I think its the Manni cut. I hadn't (knowingly!) smoked StarDawg before that but it lent a fair bit of extra potency and some hashiness to the DiscoBiscuit's cheesy fruit. Well worth a grow imho if you either love StarDawg / DiscoBiscuit already or (like me) hadn't really smoked any before.

purple stardawg iirc in ghettoblaster.

what breeder  is in the pics @HazyDaze, or is it a cut?

• Like 1