stardog- whats the appeal.

badbillybob

@badbillybob the local cash cropper has been growing this for years and I’m of the same opinion as you, not particularly strong and smell is non existent, some of the shite grows I’ve done have been better 🤣

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, badbillybob said:

been smoking some dealer stardog, and...honestly.......its not great imho. buds are like stones, he says theyre not pgr to death but i dont believe it.....

i must be missing something, i cant see why its so popular....i mean yeah, its pretty potent, but buds have little smell and not a huge amount of trichs and the buzz is just a mong out. no hint of fuel/ sour diesel or that classic chem taste. maybe ive been had.....

maybe i should grow some proper stardog...is it cut only or any decent breeders out there, which youve tried?

or maybe i shouldnt bother my arse.....any thoughts? is it just a big yeilder n thats all its got going for it?

i couldnt taste any chemdog in it tbh...

@Amarillo slims new heavy indica sounds like a much better prospect if im honest

Had a bit off the street, varies greatly, like some can stand up to any chem but some are shit bro, found the same with guava dawg etc, etc, that chem line is still going strong but must have been really watered down by now by twats

Best chem I ever tried was cali cons boss hog(chem4 regs) closely followed by sour kush.

Also, I'm sick of chem and og's, i think alot of folk are, however its the holy grail for loads of folk.....back looking for bc in smottie up next.

Edited by grotbags
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

@badbillybob the local cash cropper has been growing this for years and I’m of the same opinion as you, not particularly strong and smell is non existent, some of the shite grows I’ve done have been better 🤣

ive not bought stealer weed for years tbh, and maybe im just spoilt having grown my own.

i kinda feel sorry for the yoof who dont know any better, if this is the shit they have to put up with tbh

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, grotbags said:

Had a bit off the street, varies greatly, like some can stand up to any chem but some are shit bro, found the same with guava dawg etc, etc, that chem line is still going strong but must have been really watered down by now by twats

Best chem I ever tried was cali cons boss hog(chem4 regs) closely followed by sour kush.

Also, I'm sick of chem and og's, i think alot of folk are, however its the holy grail for loads of folk.....back looking for bc in smottie up next.

BC  still stand bc as probably my favourite strain . iits still packs a punch but its just a lovely smoke.

i too am sick of ogs, maybe not as much the chems, but when i last grew sour d (HSOs Amherst sour d) i had an absolute beauty of a pheno. i swear it smelled of pure gas/ diesel. you could taste it. it would have been great for a cross but the fuel was overpowering, i ended up glad to be done with it, but still wish id taken a cut because it was one of those special plants, a one in a hundred job..

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, grotbags said:

I cracked a couple different CC strains recently and have had plenty of issues (poor germination, hermies) but damn does the Purple Chem smell amazing. Completely different looking to when i grew her years ago, but still has the same stunning smell. Hoping the taste holds up too. There's definitely some good stuff to be found in their beans if you can overcome the issues.

• Like 1

This pgr dealer weed is a health hazard imo, plus it kills a lot of the terps and reduces the plants ability to produce thc and resin.

Prob why the buds are like stones, lack smell and dont have much trich production. 

Keep your pennies in you pocket @badbillybob

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

I cracked a couple different CC strains recently and have had plenty of issues (poor germination, hermies) but damn does the Purple Chem smell amazing. Completely different looking to when i grew her years ago, but still has the same stunning smell. Hoping the taste holds up too. There's definitely some good stuff to be found in their beans if you can overcome the issues.

Sorry I should've said they're shit for fems, my m8 tried to grow out fem boss hogg, hermie...

• Like 3

Just because buds are rock hard doesn't mean they have pgr in btw, I've grown plenty. I'm not saying it doesn't happen of course. This includes hid lighting too, some strains are just solid.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Greenfingers95 said:

Found with stardawg it was susceptible to herming and if you try and over run a week it can go from a decent looking short bush to dawg shit with powder mildew  🤣  that was my experience gelato is much the same nice short bushy structure lovely dark nugs but can get seeds I even with abit of stress.

off topic so sorry for jumping in here. I’ve  got 4 Humboldt mint og seeds the originals and got to be well over 8 years + old tried popping one with the water in glass technique but no joy they have been in the fridge so thought they should be preserved as best as I could. Any tricks ? Thought maybe a light scarification but never done that before. 

I tried the matchbox method years ago with some seeds which were approximately 2 decades old. I used the paper towel method though, perhaps that was a mistake. In any case I had no success. I still have some of them and like you, would like to germinate them. I think they're some old cheese beans.

• Like 2

@northern_soul

its a bummer isn’t it I think I will try what @MindSoup suggested nothing to loose really at this point I guess. They was sat in my seed fridge and seen them so I thought I would try it out but it failed to crack open.

i know Humboldt has got the 2.0 version of choc mint but probably nothing like the original version before they got raided. 

Let us know if you get the cheese going 👍 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Greenfingers95 said:

@northern_soul

its a bummer isn’t it I think I will try what @MindSoup suggested nothing to loose really at this point I guess. They was sat in my seed fridge and seen them so I thought I would try it out but it failed to crack open.

i know Humboldt has got the 2.0 version of choc mint but probably nothing like the original version before they got raided. 

You'll all know if they germinate! Can't say too much but this is ganja from my youth, I remember it fondly. It's either cheese or skunk#1.

You have a seed fridge? Just for ganja or other things also? I have three small tubs, only 1 is for the good stuff.

Sorry almost forgot to ask, do you understand the thing MindSoup recommended? Or know where the link is? Not something I've heard of before.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Greenfingers95 said:

@northern_soul

i believe gibberlic acid works reasonably well on old seeds, sure i saw it somewhere but cant remember the ratio for soaking them with it

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KC said:

Just because buds are rock hard doesn't mean they have pgr in btw, I've grown plenty. I'm not saying it doesn't happen of course. This includes hid lighting too, some strains are just solid.

ive noticed led grown buds are denser than hps equivalent.

which was why i said i "thought " they were pgrd to death. having smoked some more, they are deffo pgrd to death.

now i remember why i grow my own. ive got about 3 weeks till my lates lot are done. ill just have to take a break cos i aint buying anymore of that shyte

• Like 7

1 hour ago, northern_soul said:

Sorry almost forgot to ask, do you understand the thing MindSoup recommended? Or know where the link is? Not something I've heard of before

• Like 1

Stawdawg has saturated the market because it ticks so many boxes. 

You probably just got a badly grown version so don't write it off.

Not exactly my fave strain, but i absolutely see why its been so successful and is everywhere. 

• Like 2