Deficiency or lockout

mystic_roots

Not 100% sure what’s happening here, my Strawberry nuggets was ok yesterday and within 24 hours leafs have started yellowing on the outside. Recently dialled back the bloom to 3ml from 3.6ml as they were showing signs of nute burn and are only drinking 1L every other day. Must be around day 60 now and have been flowering for a few weeks but I still think it’s got more fattening to do. I can’t decide if the 3ml bloom isn’t enough or if it’s locked out and not picking up what it needs. 

large.IMG_0736.jpeg.8e14d70eae71762cf53cd260aaac7a00.jpeg

• Like 1

I can't say 100% from just that picture, but your plant looks close to being ready, Maybe that's what it's drinking less 🤷‍♂️

What nutes and medium are you using? Someone might have experience with them that can give you a more accurate Bloom dosage 👍

The trichomes aren’t even milky yet lol 

I’m in biobizz all mix and been feeding it intense nutrients, they were up to 4ml bloom last week and seemed happy but as I noticed the nutrient burn on the tips I dialled it back to 3.6ml and then cut back to 3 as it was still burning a little bit but seems strange how it’s gone to this in 24 hours. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, darXound said:

Check your soil PH, could be low

I don't have a way to check the soil PH, only one of those pens that tests the feed I'm giving it

33 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

The trichomes aren’t even milky yet lol 

I’m in biobizz all mix and been feeding it intense nutrients, they were up to 4ml bloom last week and seemed happy but as I noticed the nutrient burn on the tips I dialled it back to 3.6ml and then cut back to 3 as it was still burning a little bit but seems strange how it’s gone to this in 24 hours. 

That's might be the after effects of that then.

I use BioBizz Light Mix and Intense Nutrients Dirt range, and currently using 2ml/L Bloom in week 6 Flower, It's strong stuff if i went to 4ml/L i'd expect to see some burn (in the context of dirty range) 👍

1 minute ago, Military Grade said:

That's might be the after effects of that then.

I use BioBizz Light Mix and Intense Nutrients Dirt range, and currently using 2ml/L Bloom in week 6 Flower, It's strong stuff if i went to 4ml/L i'd expect to see some burn (in the context of dirty range) 👍

Normally I'd water them today but I think I'll give it a miss, make sure they're nice and light and possibly dial the bloom back further, I'm on week 6 of flower too but it seems odd it's taken a nose dive overnight. I know Mephisto are hungry little buggers but maybe I'll just water them tomorrow and not feed, I don't think they need feeding every other day, it's a lot of nutes. Have to see how they progress after dialing it back but I'm hoping that's all it is. I was doing so well upto now :wallbash:

• Like 1

@mystic_roots

What do you mean "a few weeks". They look far more advanced than that. Then you say week 6.  Photos or Autos. They may be not far off finishing.

19 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@mystic_roots

What do you mean "a few weeks". They look far more advanced than that. Then you say week 6.  Photos or Autos. They may be not far off finishing.

I hadn’t actually realised how long they’ve been flowering, my mistake. 

they are auto flowers but the trichomes still show clear, unsure how quickly that could change 

I don't know anything about Auto's man, 2 weeks maybe?

Posted (edited)

It's quite normal for a plant to fade and get a few manky leaves as it comes to the end of its life, especially autos, they seem to like scavenging nutrients from themselves during flower sometimes. I honestly wouldn't even worry at this stage in the game. If there is an issue she'll be finished before you can really fix it anyway.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Judging by the size of the plant and it being an auto, I'd guess 3ml bloom is too heavy a feed for it. Overall it looks good tbh, coast it to the end, looks like it's not long to go now. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I've tested the PH and it's coming out at 5.8, which is in range. I'm thinking it's a combination of over feeding and coming to the end of it's life cycle, still think it's got maybe 2/3 weeks to go but I'll dial back the feed and as some of you have said, auto's do like to suck what they can out the leafs.