What the flying fuck !!!

The Villan

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

my leaves look like that if i don't use cal/mag

you just answered the question I just asked in your diary m8 :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, geogeo said:

i keep lookin at the purple stems , m8  ,, prince would start singing his best song purple rain purple rain lol lol 

I thought epsom was mag ?

its not 2.5 ltrs per day m8 it's 2.5 ltrs 3 times a week pots are always lighter before I water :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, The Villan said:

I thought epsom was mag ?

its not 2.5 ltrs per day m8 it's 2.5 ltrs 3 times a week pots are always lighter before I water :)

sorry m8 , my mistook , :yep: my takin on it 2 different elements  epsom salts adds magnesium to the soil an cal /mag liquid form

calcium ,i use every feed , some body correct me if im wrong . please  kind regards  

Edited by geogeo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I use Epsom salt every feed when growing in soil with very hard water 👍, Even if i skipped a couple of Epsom feeds they start to show signs, more so in weeks 4-6 flower this is a classic window of mag problems when the 3:1 ratio is out.

Edited by Military Grade
missed a word
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, The Villan said:

had purple stems ever since I started using LED for some reason :)

Too much light intensity from LED's can cause this, the way to tell when it's the light causing it is that only the upside facing parts go purple but the underside of the steams stay green 👍

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a little bit of drought  damage to me brother vill.

✌️ 

• Like 4

Point taken @HazyDaze will be more vigilant over the next few weeks.

Epsom salts added tonight just to be on the safe side, have noticed a little more yellowing and am getting de ja vu :)

• Like 1

vill , how are the girls this week m8  , reading on a bottle , bio bizz  , cal -mag ,  cal = 4.7% mag 1.7 %

there must be a graff , stating how much mag a plant needs ,     maybe  i   am  thinkin to much into it  ,

hope they are better  , with no issues

1 minute ago, geogeo said:

vill , how are the girls this week m8  , reading on a bottle , bio bizz  , cal -mag ,  cal = 4.7% mag 1.7 %

there must be a graff , stating how much mag a plant needs ,     maybe  i   am  thinkin to much into it  ,

hope they are better  , with no issues

Girls looked a bit better after a dose of epsom salts but they look like they need something else (one day I will get to read my plants correctly )

I have just been to the grow shop and bought some BioBizz Cal-Mag but  I cant fathom out the dosage from the instructions on the back.

So if any of you lads using bio bizz calmag or equivalent could chip in and offer some dosages would be muchly appreciated. @ratdog @Shumroom @HazyDaze 

Its difficult to get a pic from above due to the shape of the attic tent. But theres a lot of nice green growth and leaves with the odd few leaves on all of the plants taking a turn for the worse I would say.

3 minutes ago, The Villan said:

but  I cant fathom out the dosage from the instructions on the back.

The dosage on the bottle and their feed guide for calmag is total bollocks.

This youtube video has a Biobizz employee explaining exactly how to use it and the dosages are completely different to the label on the bottle and their feed schedule.

That said, unless you live in a very soft water area you shouldn't add calmag to water that is already full of calcium, you probably only need extra magnesium.

• Like 2

Funnily enough @latigid aikon was just watching that vid myself and thought the same. Then I watched another that said about 4ml to 5ltrs of water should do the trick.

Thanks for popping in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This was my water analysis result.

Calcium        18
Magnesium   1
Sulphate       26
Alkalinity       18.3
pH                 7.55

Thats parts per million, but I am still none the wiser hahaha. Is 18 Calcium sufficient for my water ?

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1

Just now, The Villan said:

This was my water analysis result.

Calcium        18
Magnesium   1

I wouldn't add calmag to that water, you just need a little bit of Epsom salt.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Will take it back tomorrow. :)

I will hit them with another dose of epsom salts tonight and try to get some pictures.

I have had the same problem as last time, but not nearly as pronounced.

I have been told on several occasions by fellow growers on here to change my nutes, but I keep holding on to the biobizz range as its what I have used for many many years.

Something has to change. I only need to grow twice a year as the results I have been getting always gets me through without emptying the jars fully, but It has been beating me up the last two grows to the point wher..... you can teach an old dog new tricks :)

Maybe if I switched up to biobizz Allmix instead of the light mix, I might find a better balance. I will however endeavour to get these ladies through the next month the best I possibly can, then rethink the situation.

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1