Guerilla Tabs by Bio Tabs - Anyone Used It?

polishninja

Came across this product while looking for slow release ferts... supposedly you just add 4 tabs per hole and that's it? I'm wondering if it works without having to add any other notes... anyone used it?

Peace 

🥷 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've tried the normal bio tabs and didn't really get on too well with them, I was pretty half arsed though and I've seen others have really good results. Not tried the Guerilla Tabs but I can't see why they wouldn't work. That being said you could probably get similar results for less money with Fish Blood & Bone in the soil and a top dress of Sulphate of potash at the start of flower. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

I mix a bit of blood fish and bone in with my compost i use in pots, but otherwise i would not add anything else, mostly because once its in there, you wont be getting it out, atleast with liquid feeds you can wash them out

• Like 4

@polishninja

My take on it is they’ve mixed dry amendments together compressed them into pellets then selling it for massive profit. Look at the ingredients list then the weight of each pellet work out what that weight would cost of those ingredients then compare its an eye watering markup. Fair play wish his thought of it would be good marketed to the general gardener but even with the indoor one it would be a small customer base in the cannabis market. 
Even so why would you want to compress your amendments into a little pellet hidden somewhere in your soil when you can spread them evenly throughout. And then you’d have to use absolutely loads if like me you need to grow 12 months supply. 

• Like 3

Not my thing and got no 1st hand with them mate.

From memory ...if you look in the previous 22 - 23 SeedStockers  420L pot grows comps ... im sure Mark supplied the guys with bio tab version ,  seen some decent results but i feel its a gimmick and a costly one compared to options. 
FBB , SOP  as been mentioned ,    A simple comfrey & nettle  step system ....  would offer comparable results for way less outlay. 
Or give them a go and give us all feedback 👍

Good luck with it mate

• Like 4

200x tablets  = €133

1tablet = 10g

200x 10g = 2Kg 

1kg=€66.50

1kg FBB = <€1

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Even so why would you want to compress your amendments into a little pellet hidden somewhere in your soil when you can spread them evenly throughout.

Less surface area = slower release. 

It makes it so you can add more total amendments to the soil all at once without them all breaking down quickly and burning the plants. 

Not that that necessarily justifies the price, but just like with that beanstalk stuff people will pay a premium for convenience. At the end of the day if it costs 3 quid to grow 400 quids worth of weed or 15 quid it really doesn't make that much of an impact in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

@MindSoup

I think when I looked at ingredients before there were some more expensive ingredients fish protein isolates or something but I really don’t think 40g of anything would sustain an outdoor plant for a whole season. I don’t see the point if your also regularly visiting to supplementary feed. 
I’d have a fox dig them all up on the first night!

• Like 4

You'd be surprised, plus, crazy idea, but.... 

Use more than one :hippy:.

• Haha 1

You guys are right... after looking at the ingredients, I'll stick to FBB, Sop, and Seaweed. My classic combo. However I might add some great white beneficial microbes to the mix this year.... thanks for the responses.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, polishninja said:

great white beneficial microbes to the mix this year

Get Biosys from Ecothrive, it's the tits and they're a British company:hippy:.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

On 30/05/2024 at 17:28, MindSoup said:

Get Biosys from Ecothrive, it's the tits and they're a British company:hippy:.

I went from Rootgrow Professional in the end. 2.5kg tub of myco fungi. Also made in the UK. 

• Like 3

Don't really rate that stuff TBH, a liquid inoculation works a lot better IME, I'm sure it'll do the job if you use enough of it though. 

• Like 3

On 30/05/2024 at 14:42, Hole in the clouds said:

200x tablets  = €133

1tablet = 10g

200x 10g = 2Kg 

1kg=€66.50

1kg FBB = <€1

i used them....years ago....good but expensive !....

i stay with chicken poo :))

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I used them last year, I put them into my pots and my no-till bed but the ones in the no-till bed got eaten by wild boar as the main ingredient is alfalfa. The ones in the pots didn't get eaten but I have no idea if they had any effect tbh.

I wouldn't use them again, in fact I found the whole BioTabs range to be on the expensive side.

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 3