Recommend a Hydroponic system

Bobcharlieeeee

21 hours ago, cannaboy_420 said:

Each manifold comes with 12 dripper lines so if you were growing 4 plants you could have 3 drippers per pot, they use a pump to feed them and I have that set on a timer, very reasonably priced too 

Don't you have problems with salts blocking the drippers? And how do you clean them?

No I don't have any issues really, I clean the filters out every other week or so and it works pretty well, I use growers ark nutrients too so can only say about that nutrient line 

• Like 1

NFT is good, little to no pipe work, although you do need a pump. They’re not cheap though, mine is nearly £100 now (424) and that’s without pumps, heater, matting and rock wool cubes.

large.944F9B57-9D41-4B00-AD6E-8F45DC2EDA4B.jpeg.24b0a216274413ac2104fd15f6c5a842.jpeg

Fits in a 60x120 snug as a bug. I haven’t used it for years, but will get it on again at some point this year 👍🏼

• Like 1

if you can bear a pump, id deffo go wilma with hydroton and drip rings, its so easy

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/05/2024 at 15:31, badbillybob said:

if you can bear a pump, id deffo go wilma with hydroton and drip rings, its so easy.

I can vouch for this....real easy to use.

Check my diary:

yeah ive changed my mind about the hydroton, use coco, its miles easier

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

yeah ive changed my mind about the hydroton, use coco, its miles easier

Why have you decided on coco over pebbles bud?

• Like 1

growth rate is much slower to be honest, and they arent feeding as much in the hydroton. mo idea why.

i ven opened up the drip rings to make the contact area wider thinking that might help.

only advantage with hydroton is ec/ph is more stable

iv e vegged these for around 6 weeks now and they look like about 3&1/2 week old cuttings.

also coco feed once a day or twice in bloom. these are getting fed 15 mins every 2 hours all day

im cutting my losses with this lot, flipped them today, will see how they go in bloom. ill leave the mh lamp for a week the throw in either hps or new led when it arrives, (probably new led to be honest)

• Like 2

I can only think the pebbles need far more waterings. Mine are on 15min off 45min...

...tried it with longer off times but then they begin to droop.

If you think about NFT and DWC roots are constantly submerged but then temps become critical,

my method gets round that....btw...did you wash the pebbles before use?

• Like 1

yes i did but obviously still lots of clay coming off them. i used to gold bag which is usually good

i will up the feeds to once an hour then mate and see how they go

• Like 2

I used to use clay balls in Wilma’s. I always cleaned the clay balls thoroughly before putting in the system. Think I used to do four cycles in veg cycle and the same in flower. Been almost a decade since I used a Wilma   They do the job 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

I used to use clay balls in Wilma’s. I always cleaned the clay balls thoroughly before putting in the system. Think I used to do four cycles in veg cycle and the same in flower. Been almost a decade since I used a Wilma   They do the job 

i started at 2 a day in veg then upped it to 4 a day in veg, but they just didnt look like they were growing very much (cuts)

i will see this one out but will go back to coco after in the wilma

• Like 1

I used to use Wilma and setup a few for mates always clay pebbles I quickly learnt to do away with the drips or rings and just used to use the open pipe worked a treat fast growth not as quick as rdwc but had some good results on a 4 pot system also changed to the smaller pots 9lts rings a bell 

• Like 1

I’m running in coco at the moment but will be getting a hydro system for certain as well. I love the NFT systems. I’ll run both coco and hydro but the coco will be mainly for mothers and cuttings.

This is the 4th grow staggered since November last year. I cannot be arsed with the watering of multiple coco plants. I made it worse by staggering the grows so I have twice the work in a day. I’m 4 weeks into flower now so soilder on but I’ve got 20 clones or so. I think I’ll choose the best 5 and fuck the rest off lol. 

MistY