ppfd Levels

The Villan

handy to have, even a £30 cheapie from Shanghai, this one, the Uni-T just needs to divide the figure by .017 to find PAR

large.IMG_2596.jpeg.9685f8416b8a68d9262473b82b33ed6d.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Killuminati7 said:

Deffo no need to mad at it like @Military Grade said unless ur running co2 there’s not much point over 850 odd , ATB with it mate 👍

Can anyone confirm this? @Military Grade? I’m always looking to save money, but 850 is really low for flowering in my experience.  🤨

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Can anyone confirm this?

afaik its related to airflow, if you can give the airflow enough beans to maintain 450ppfd (ambient) at your desired PPFD it'll work but you'd be hammering the heating etc to compensate for all that air flow. The 1:2 ratio for Co2:PPFD was told to me by cannas Peiter Klassen - I think its touched on also in Growing by Plant Empowerment.

e2a: the 2:1 means you can run your extraction to maintain lst and not have to worry about overdoing it with the light and TBH my biggest GPW numbers have come from running below 1000ppfd in none supplemented spaces.

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

TBH my biggest GPW numbers have come from running below 1000ppfd in none supplemented spaces.

My plants do seem happier when below 1000ppfd too👍

• Like 5

I just cheak the dli I do perpetually so wot comes out goes in , my lights are high up and on full all the time , I’ve got a mark at 40 dli anything goes over that she getting twisted and bent over , when I put one into flower the dli will be quite low but they love stretching up to that 40 dli mark , strain dependent, I’ve grew a couple hazes on lowest setting one hot summer and she grew lovely 🤷‍♂️ I think they will flower in the dark lol 

• Like 1

Average 850 - 900 ppfd is enough with leds in Scrog mode.. with normal airflow.

• Like 3

For those with light meters, are you taking readings from the top of the buds or down an inch or 2? I notice quite a difference further down.. 

Posted (edited)

Double post.. 

Edited by Slippy One

@Slippy One I usually set mine as the highest reading at any point at canopy level if that makes sense.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Slippy One said:

handy to have, even a £30 cheapie from Shanghai, this one, the Uni-T just needs to divide the figure by .017 to find PAR

large.IMG_2596.jpeg.9685f8416b8a68d9262473b82b33ed6d.jpeg

Times* 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I think my stretch was worse because I didn’t increase levels soon enough (like GSZZ said above) but on the other hand I’m really wary of burning my plants by pushing the lights harder.  I’m running at 600umols max at the tallest branches.  Will notch it up again in a week to try to get closer to 850.

@Slippy One I take readings at the tallest branches, down at the screen level and along the edges to get a feel for the coverage. Currently have a difference of 200umols between screen level and tallest branches.

• Like 2

@MindSoupNice illustration. 👍🏾

@Slippy One I do exactly the same with my readings. You'll always get fade out around the edges or from the highest point to the screen level. Used to spend ages messing & adjusting. Now I've just learnt to curb my OCD. 

1 hour ago, Mace_Windu said:

curb my OCD

100% 

It's so easy to get caught up on the details, it's all about keeping things in range and as stable as possible, fuck worrying about everything being bang on 24/7. 

• Like 3

A light with good equal cover does make things more simpler 👍

• Like 3

On 15/05/2024 at 18:57, Killuminati7 said:

unless ur running co2 t

Do you believe that those "mushroom bags that should produce CO2 naturally for several months" are working?

• Haha 1