ppfd Levels

The Villan

Just wondering when other growers up the ppfd levels from veg to flowering. I am currently at day 12 flowering and ppfd is 450-500. Should I wait till the proper onset of pistil production before upping the ppfd ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Villan said:

Should I wait till the proper onset of pistil production before upping the ppfd ?

No - if you stick at the same or only very slightly elavated PPFD when you switch to flower, you're lowering the DLI which can lead to stretching. I double the PPFD when I turn the lights from veg to flower, so 450 - 600ppfd in veg to 900 - 1200ppfd in flower.

• Like 10

I keep mine low week 1, ramp up to 1200+ from week 2-6, then down 15-20% last 2 weeks. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

No - if you stick at the same or only very slightly elavated PPFD when you switch to flower, you're lowering the DLI which can lead to stretching. I double the PPFD when I turn the lights from veg to flower, so 450 - 600ppfd in veg to 900 - 1200ppfd in flower.

Thanks m8, I was away for two nights and came home to well stretched plants, your answer made me smile. ppfd will be upped tonight as soon as the lights come on, may help with the temp aswell as its bloody cold for this time of year.

• Like 1

No probs @The Villan

Since your buds so t be ready until June/July, what’s your secret when drying temps are high? (I’m in the same boat when mine are done). 😁

25 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

No probs @The Villan

Since your buds so t be ready until June/July, what’s your secret when drying temps are high? (I’m in the same boat when mine are done). 😁

I will have to suck it and see @Slippy One my first grow in this tent was last year and I didnt crop until the 27th September. Will be a learning process I am sure. :) Thanks for popping in.

• Like 2

My theory is to get the buds into brown bags by day 5, jars by day 7 slightly damp in the core, burp twice a day for 2 weeks but this all might be conjecture..and I’m almost guaranteed it’ll be 32° indoors harvest week! 😆

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I slap mine straight upto 850ppfd, any higher is pointless without co2 from what I hear, and can be counter productive.

Edited by Military Grade
spelling
  • Like 4

I’ve had some haze,s finish up running on 300 ppfd lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just turned mine up.... will update in my diary :)

• Like 3

Just now, The Villan said:

Just turned mine up.... will update in my diary :)

Deffo no need to mad at it like @Military Grade said unless ur running co2 there’s not much point over 850 odd , ATB with it mate 👍

• Like 2

Anyone got a par meter? Really want one of the Apogee DLI’s but over £500 🥲 Not sure it’s worth the money 

• Like 2

Once you know your light do you ever need to use it again?

I think ball parking with a phone app is effective enough on the cheap to understand your light👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aphatspliff said:

Anyone got a par meter? Really want one of the Apogee DLI’s but over £500 🥲 Not sure it’s worth the money 

I've got a lightscout quantum meter, I've had it years. Not the most accurate, but more accurate than the phone apps. Glad I got it.

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Once you know your light do you ever need to use it again?

lol no not much tbh, its worth its weight when setting up new rooms/lights or w/e though.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1