Suggestions for in demand seeds for comp

grotbags

16 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

I will have two indoor hybrids ready for testing later this summer.  

One is 50% Limelock, this one is going to be some real connoisseur shit in taste and high department, plus easy to grow / vigorous, easy to trim etc.  

The other is what I’m calling 21st Century Skunk…  Which is lower yielding (but more frosty) and instead of pleasant fruitiness, its more “fucking hell that stinks!”. 

I’ve also recently found a very resinous and stinky (dawg leaning) Limelock in an F2 population, which Im testing crossing to the Limedawg (Limelock x stardawg) , so kind of a LL Bx but way in the direction of the chemdawg genetics.   I think this stuff will have total knock-out potency, for those who want to finish a joint and feel like they’ve had a lobotomy or taken a cocktail of zopiclone, Xanax and ketamine 😵‍💫 ….   If I end up selling seeds of this one, there will be a disclaimer in the description warning about use of motor-vehicles / heavy machinery and not being held accountable for death or injury that may occur lol 

Limelock x stardawg sounds 🔥  would love to try some when you have them stable ect 😁 

• Like 2

I’m sure there’ll be a few of us after some Stanky Limelock crossed with Stardawg :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

going to be some real connoisseur shit in taste and high department, plus easy to grow / vigorous, easy to trim etc.  

Taste:✅

High:✅

East to grow:✅

Easy to Trim:✅

:notworthy:

20 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

(Limelock x stardawg)

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, spearzy said:

I've done humboldt seed company and found a keeper in the 2 different strains I tried so far blueberry muffin out of 5 had 1 keeper that really stinks of old school blueberry and jelly donutz all 5 were good but eventually made a choice and picked 1 with the best terps / smell and taste

Nice, Blueberry Muffin is what I'm growing atm in my current diary 👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Zopixanaketaweed, I can see it being the next big thing lol.

I was thinking if I end up creating something to this purpose, then would either call it Fury - because it knocks people the fuck out, like Tyson fury…. Or SUD - for substance use disorder lol  

Honestly I don’t feel so good putting out these kind of genetics, it’s not really stuff I used to enjoy smoking - though do have found memories of Magus’ Motivation (which may be incorporated in a small way)….   But there is clearly a market for it, and people seem to associate that type of effect with potency ….  Soooo…. I guess could have some medicinal value for pain relief / insomnia…. 

19 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Take my money!!! :chains:lol

These will need testing before release and you’d be a great person to get feedback from, so can let you know when they’re ready if you like.  At this point there will still be finishing touches / tweaks to be made,  for example getting the right balance of stink : frost.  Idea is these are up to modern standards, or what I call ‘instagram ready’ lol  , and we all no that those super frosty plants are usually lacking smell,  so its bit of a balancing act / work to get it right… 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spearzy said:

Limelock x stardawg sounds 🔥  would love to try some when you have them stable ect 😁 

5 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I’m sure there’ll be a few of us after some Stanky Limelock crossed with Stardawg :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

4 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Taste:✅

High:✅

East to grow:✅

Easy to Trim:✅

:notworthy:

Will let you guys know when stuff ready… 

The limedawg came about in a slightly unusual way,  another grower / forum friend had a mate who’d spotted a Chinese commercial grow op that had for whatever reason been abandoned , think he went in looking for kit to salvage (lights etc), but turns out there were still some mother plants in there, so he took a plant / cuts (can’t remember exactly).   They grew out and concluded it was a ‘stardog’ variant. It had an unusual growth habit, was hard to clone etc, but there was a reason the Chinese were growing it - stank and was potent as fuck, he said it was ‘zombie weed’. …  

As had some good traits but was hard to clone, he asked me if I had any suitable female pollen he could dust a clone up with, and at the time I was making Limelock F2s, and thought this would meld well.   He gave me back 30 or so of the resulting seeds and I stuck a few in with a large room that had lots of fancy pants stuff in, platinum garlic, GMO etc.    

The Limedawgs were always quite stretchy compared to everything else,  they produced some of the fattest heads in the room which were stanky, but I didn’t re-veg due to the lanky structure.

After all down and dry my bro took an ounce of the LD to his house, and over the next couple weeks was complaining about it stinking his whole house out, he had resorted to quadruple bagging, in a Tupperware and his room still reeked…. That was my first clue that maybe had overlooked these…. Then a week or so later, we are supposed to be leaving for something important one morning, and I’m ringing and ringing his phone - no answer,  so go round his house, banging on the door, no answer … What the fucks going on…. Eventually with more ringing and beating the front door he comes down and answers looking like something out of Sean of the dead.  

Turns out he had smoked a joint of the LD the evening before, and it had totally flattened him.  He had gone to bed early and slept so deeply that had missed his alarms, all my calls and most the banging,  he said it was strongest stuff he’s ever smoked….   And thats when I knew I HAD to revisit these, refine them and eventually consider releasing something based off them.   

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

it’s not really stuff I used to enjoy smoking

Yeah can't say it's my cup of tea either. It is what a lot of people seems to want but (and call me condescending) I can't help thinking it's because they don't really know any better..... 

Sort of the thing Albanians would be trying to get thier greasy mits on.

16 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

and we all no that those super frosty plants are usually lacking smell,  so its bit of a balancing act / work to get it right… 

It does make me laugh how people get so excited about frost like it means something. All it really means is that your trichomes have long stalks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah can't say it's my cup of tea either. It is what a lot of people seems to want but (and call me condescending) I can't help thinking it's because they don't really know any better..... 

Yep…   I think its also a cultural thing perhaps, some people want to come home from a stressful day work and totally zone out / vegetate on a sofa in front of a TV (and there’s nothing wrong with that).  But it’s time and a place.  If people were looking to smoke in the morning to get motivated / inspired for an active / creative day, then clearly would need something quite different….  Sad to say the first situation is more prevalent in the 9-5 capitalist, overworked world we live in!

Sort of the thing Albanians would be trying to get thier greasy mits on.

Yeah has massive commercial value for sure…

It does make me laugh how people get so excited about frost like it means something. All it really means is that your trichomes have long stalks. 

Yeah all it really means is looks good in a bag / in photographs …. But can’t get deny the importance of those traits in this day and age….  Most of the valuation of weed is happening visually these days due to technology and ultimately I want to sell seeds, some people are gonna want to sell the weed or at the very least post a nice picture of the buds or show off to their friends down the pub etc.  It’s not like people get breeds of dogs or cats , solely on the size and personality,  or grow flowers in their gardens, solely for their smell or edibility….  

People associate the frosty look with good weed, and that then makes frosty weed good (even if it isn’t necessarily ),  it gets selected for.  Like a peacocks tail .  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

You're right, escapism is more popular than ever, I can be partial to it myself at times. Ironic that when it's the most appealing is usually the worst time to indulge.... 

I definitely hear what your saying about the visual, as the old saying goes "people eat with thier eyes". It just seems mad that how a drug makes you feel has been pushed to the sidelines. None of us would even be smoking weed if it didn't get us stoned, the culture surrounding it simply wouldn't exist. Imagine people snorting coke because it was a nice colour or because it smelt like skittles lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Imagine people snorting coke because it was a nice colour or because it smelt like skittles

lol

but also… I think you’ve stumbled upon a gap in the market here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Imagine people snorting coke because it was a nice colour or because it smelt like skittles lol

Could draw the ‘appearance vs effect’ comparison to an extent,  how many people are paying for a creatine / amphetamine based drug, with lidocaine to make your face numb and a misting of diesel / petrol for that ‘authentic’ cocaine flavour 😏

Meanwhile the actual cocaine content / effect people were originally interested in lessens….  

People no longer able to differentiate between the real thing and the imitation when the cues of quality have been mimicked well….  

Not quite the same thing as weigh frosty weed but some similarities in the human error perhaps…

THC % is another people put more weight on it than they should….   Like lot of things in life I guess really,  when bombarded with decisions people just use mental short cuts that most the time turn out mostly good.   I’m sure there’s a lot more frosty, high % stuff that gets you high as fuck than there is which doesn’t, eh?  Maybe high is boring and short lived though lol  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

Yeah fair point lol doesn't matter if it's good or not as long as you think it is at the end of the day, and people will convince themselves of anything. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I was lucky enough to grow some lot#5 from OT1's genetics way back in the day. Always had a few strains jarred up for when friends came over to help themselves. Everyone ignored the lot#5 as it wasn't 'sparkly' in comparison to most of my other wares. I often rolled a joint and passed it around, once sampled and the beautiful high experiences, it became the to go to for most of them,apart from those looking for a knockout indica hit. It was an absolute bugger to grow and tame, especially in my restricted height room, but the high was otherwordly....happy days them.

• Like 4

Yeah there's a lot of OT1s work I was gutted to miss out on, by the time I came indoors none of it was really available anymore. I've got some b-line f2 and Celia bx1but really I want smellyberry and smile. Keep meaning to try esb from flier du Mal as well. 

• Like 3