One Man, One Plot and some Real Gorillas

dingo bingo

18 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Sounds like a dream mate

those plants r gonna be beasts trust

May the force be with

I hope so! Will keep the diary updated each week. Thanks bro.

16 hours ago, btk1977 said:

@dingo bingo I'd forgotten myself just how much of a different LST makes, doing my first grow after 2-3yr break due to irl stuff and remembered about it just in time, made a massive difference to the amount of big bud sites that have formed, should have a lot less popcorn bud.

That sounds so sweet, perfect setup, especially having a smoke under the bramble arch:oldtoker: Doing a GG is still on my to do list, but being in a very urban location these days makes it a bit more complicated, but one day I'll tick it off my bucket list 

Yeh night temps in particular have been a lot cooler, remember than patch last year when it wasn't dropping below low 20s at night, was brutal, but presumably better for the outdoor girls.

Best of luck it with it all, will be following along :oldtoker:

Yeah it really is a no brainer, wish I would've done it last year! Hardest part IMO is finding a decent plot - gotta have the means and the will to just wander around or be lucky to spot something during working or roaming hours. I don't need my car for work any more, tempted to get rid of it to save cash but the GG is the only thing I do where a car is genuinely needed - mainly to carry compost, plants and buds to and from the plot but also to get far enough out of my town to the quiet areas.

Cheers man, I'll keep the diary update as much as possible.

• Like 3

I'm following along as well dude reckon u will pull some nice size bushes out of there.

The one thing i have found after bending for a few years now is each visit keep the main top lower than the rest.

Before u know it u will have a dozen or more main tops.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

I'm following along as well dude reckon u will pull some nice size bushes out of there.

The one thing i have found after bending for a few years now is each visit keep the main top lower than the rest.

Before u know it u will have a dozen or more main tops.

Thanks for the tip bro, I'll get on it! :yep:

A dozen or more main tops?! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Just to note too, the plants in the most recent photos were around 1 - 1.2m tall before LST.

Back at the plot last night in 28c glorious sunshine for the weekly checkup.

Gave them a good watering of about 4L each with 4ml/L of Fish Mix mixed in and tied them all down further aiming to get (what was) the main cola lower than most of the new tops. Next week I will give them a topdressing of either Bonemeal or Chicken Manure Pellets - thoughts? I'm thinking Bonemeal because I'll be adding Sulphate of Potash soon after for the potassium they'll need in flower.

Here's how they're looking.....

As they were yesterday before I tied them down further.

large.Groupbeforetyingdownlower.JPG.ca79fa9b455eab60a950001305c0947d.JPG

And after they were tied down further....

large.Groupaftertyingdownlower.JPG.b4a14f8df9bd1456b5e3633f3bb55076.JPG

A close up of one the plants showing the LST....

large_LST.JPG.0c0aa49a722c3793b89dce55da60c012.JPG

And finally, the early flowering FLC.

large_FLC1.JPG.e005f9f29f4222bc5aa2c96266e279f8.JPG

Thanks for checking in!  :smokin:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Looking nice mucker 👍

All coming along and happy & healthy.

Keep them this happy and you shall be rewarded.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love that FLC dude picture of health. 👍

And carry on with the LST dude u will be rewarded come harvest if we ever get some sun that is. lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Busy with work at the moment so only getting to the plot for a quick visit once a week. Was back there on Sunday evening to check up, give them a watering of 4L each with some Fish Mix added and I pruned some of the lower branches too. Had quite a lot of sun lately, makes me wish I had more time to give them some more water but they're still looking good.....

Lush green foliage.....

large.Group.JPG.f6427275577b07a1257f2c1f21d6c501.JPG

'Bed 1' - left to right is OPGxFT, OPGxZ, OPGxFL, FLC, OPGxZ and OPGxFL.

large_Bed1.JPG.d22ed84b68c11fed7fc37dd7ebf2e6cd.JPG

'Bed 2' - left to right... OPGxZ, (early flowering) FLC, OPGxFT, OPGxFL and FLC.

large_Bed2.JPG.23f86bda2cc9197caae9bc0614d90123.JPG

The early flowering FLC really starting to get going putting out flowers and smelling delightful! Would love to know some predictions on when this one may finish?

large.EarlyFLC4.JPG.6dc8fbd6b3685f9a13c297dd025d9d2b.JPG

A close up of what was the main cola on the early flowering FLC....

large.EarlyFLC3.JPG.8928ef4c79cec26430c49ba069bc687d.JPG

Here's hoping the sunshine and warm temp's stay around.

:smokin:

• Like 11

ez @dingo bingo top work my man!! As for the early FLC mine were down a tad early because of weather aug 19th but looking back i would say end of month would of been spot on 👌 

I rate them and mate one strain I big up and tell anyone who asks me outside here get them and chuck a few in garden just give em a feed hungry!! 

will keep on checking in my man lovely work

big love 

stig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

ez @dingo bingo top work my man!! As for the early FLC mine were down a tad early because of weather aug 19th but looking back i would say end of month would of been spot on 👌 

I rate them and mate one strain I big up and tell anyone who asks me outside here get them and chuck a few in garden just give em a feed hungry!! 

will keep on checking in my man lovely work

big love 

stig

Thank you bro! Was that an 'Fast' version or something? Mid August is insanely early for a Photoperiod! I was thinking mid-september would be early....

Yeah I've heard lots of good things about them, nothing bad and now I'm seeing my high expectations exceeded! I think next year I will take cuttings from them in the hope of finding a few keepers to keep on as Mums.

• Like 2

I had a check back and chopped the big FLC i did last season on 19 sept needed another week really but weather was proper shite.

Ur's is really early looking at her reckon end of the august maybe a bit before.

• Like 4

Is this the early phenotype FLC that shows up? Ive heard mentioned on insta?
Does FLC have auto genetics? I’m guessing so by the ‘fast’?
My first thoughts were end of August finish on that one too. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Is this the early phenotype FLC that shows up? Ive heard mentioned on insta?
Does FLC have auto genetics? I’m guessing so by the ‘fast’?
My first thoughts were end of August finish on that one too. 

Yea pretty its Lemon drizzle (photoperiod) crossed with Auto Wedding  Cake

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

Quick update from my last visit to the plot on Friday last week.....

I top dressed the plants with a full dose of Ecothrive Charge and some Bonemeal (3 handfuls per m2) and then watered them all with 4L each of Ecothrive's Bio Sys, Root Stimulant and a little Fish Mix - except for the early flowering FLC which got some Bio Bizz Bloom.

Here's how they're looking. Not sure why there's such a clear difference in colour between the two beds, bed 1 in the foreground was used last year and bed 2 in the background here was new for this year but both were given the same amounts of manure and fertiliser this year...

large.Groupup.JPG.e63d5d43060942c53fa5a6d72b90fc0b.JPG

Bed 1........

large_Bed1.JPG.01aff9b5c9f2f7b546db3477b6265b7b.JPG

Bed 2......

large_Bed2.JPG.796852268ae48b992e0c3c645cea0512.JPG

And the early flowering FLC in bed 2......

large.EarlyFLC1.JPG.fa95d35c2972ec2abc2a737371a617ce.JPG

large.EarlyFLC2.JPG.bfbe1582445bc2b9d5b62678913289a0.JPG

Got a couple days off work around this weekend so will be paying more than just a quick visit. Hoping to get some bamboo canes down there ready to support some weight and also want to get the area for next year's new beds fully trimmed down, bramble crowns dug up and soil covered with plastic sheeting.

Thanks for popping by.... 

:smokin:

• Like 10

I'm using ecothrive life cycle this year as top dress , plants have been lush and healthy throughout , really happy with there dry ferts.

Good shit , ur plants looking healthy , the lighter green ones , u gunna give a heavy bit of N or just leave as is .

• Like 5