In the Garden/Greenhouse 2024

CustardVape

@Celtic voyager fingers crossed mate.

My plan is to have them chopped and drying by about mid August so I can jar them early September. 

I think the Super Skunk and Gelato may struggle unless we get a hot July/August. If not they'll be left on they're own for 10 days while I'm away 

• Like 5

@CustardVape

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you.

The weather has to change for the better sometime (hopefully 😆).

Honestly, I think I'll be lucky to jar two maybe three autos, the way things are going. 

I've decided not to use large pots for my photos, hopefully the smaller ones will get them to flower and finish earlier. Going to try and keep them indoors as much as possible from the bad weather.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

@CustardVape Picture of health mate 👍, Greenhouse holding its own in the shitty weather.🫡

There ok for now buddy. The worry is humidity as they fatten up. I won't be able to keep them cosy and the door closed for much longer.

I'm going to get a fan to help move the air about a little and hope that we get some proper sunshine..

• Like 4

@CustardVape Sounds like a plan mate 👍, Hopefully the weather swings the otehr way next week 🤞

Does the green house have a way to have air come in one end and out the other side?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@Military Grade it has an opening in the middle of the roof and obviously the door opening , so it can circulate the air a little. 

Edit: You've given me an idea. What if I tried to either remove or cut out a section the opposite side to the door 🤔

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 3

@CustardVape

Like you said, cut a section, if you can, and use something like the green windbreaker over the opening, to stops flies, wasps ect ect, and in case it get to breezy in there, it will help reduce the air flow.

Edited by Celtic voyager
Spelling
  • Like 3

@Celtic voyager it's polycarbonate so should be easy enough to cut a hole out. I've also got some greenhouse netting to cover over like you said. 

Ill have to get me Stanley Knife out.

Cheers guys 👍

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, CustardVape said:

@Celtic voyager it's polycarbonate so should be easy enough to cut a hole out. I've also got some greenhouse netting to cover over like you said. 

Ill have to get me Stanley Knife out.

Cheers guys 👍

Polycarbonate

That's the plastic sheets is it??

Not like the polytunnel stuff??

A jigsaw with a fine toothed blade will fly through it.

• Like 2

@Celtic voyageryeah plastic panels. Good call on a jigsaw, it's pretty tough so I don't know if a Stanley knife would do it. 

We won't find out this morning though because guess what , it's pissing down 😁

• Like 2

@Celtic voyager Just had a look and no cutting tools needed. Got a screwdriver in there and just popped out a panel at the rear. You know when you do something and you think why the fuck didn't I think of that before 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Brilliant 

Saves a lot of heartache and dicking around. 

What size is the panel, will it be large enough?.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

Brilliant 

Saves a lot of heartache and dicking around. 

What size is the panel, will it be large enough?.

To be honest it's not a large panel but it's just enough to let a little air through the back.

I'll still rig up a fan though 👍

• Like 2

@CustardVape Get the fan and have it blowing out of the door, and make sure the fan is spaced in-between the door and the open panel so it can pull and push air in and out with just a single fan 👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, those girls look fantastic! Great job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1