This Years ... Varied ... Offerings 2024.

OldFord

@CustardVape  Cheers mucker ,   To be honest the lilies just need chopping at the end and the roses deadheading ,  so its not major work mate

The lilies are on their 4th season now i think , poss 5th and get zero love just the splash of flower power.   The pots sits out all winter !    
The entire garden , house , neighbouring residences both inside and out all can smell the lilies 🥰

You honestly wouldnt know there was numerous canna plants growing as ordinarily you cant smell them unless your close to them or they are really loud. 
Lilies, roses ,Szechuan pepper plants all work wonder , jasmine , honeysuckle climbing up and around the fences help the aromas spread into neighbouring premises.    Its all good mate. 
Coming hone next weekend so will get to see how loud tings are !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Brother B   Cheers B man ,   Yeah the roses if grown in numbers work very well !    The perfume on a still night has saved my arse countless times. 
Still say the oriental lilies are the bollocks for smell defence,  they have a real sweet perfume that travels for distance, but they have a real deep deep base note that get under the canna funk and cancels it out,  to be fair some of the deep funk is very reminiscent of canna notes so nobody really notices.

Copious oriental lilies is all you need , just stagger the planting or have lots of them.     Hope alls good your end B.  

• Like 5

The Mrs lost her lillies to the Lillie eating bugs I forgot it's name little fuckers yellow grasshopper looking things.

Thanks Mr Old Ford the plants are majority looking lush and green , I've used eco thrive this year and giving a pinch or 2 of powder to each plant in water or top dress every 2 weeks , it's got alot of good shit in it so far so good , see how it goes in flowering .

Edited by Brother B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@CustardVape  Cheers mucker ,   

Coming hone next weekend so will get to see how loud tings are !

That's great news man , bet you can't wait :yep:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OldFord said:

Coming hone next weekend

Great news mate 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@OldFord hope you get home very soon brother.

Didn't realise you was stuck in there still, are you feeling any better?

Your never far from my thoughts when on here and have prayed for your wellbeing many a time.

Big love my bro ❤️ 

Garden is looking amazing,  beautiful colours all round :)

Edited by Revive
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Revive   Thanks mate much appreciated mucker

Im itching to get home man !!      
They have stopped the bleeding and on intense chemo sessions...so not feeling the greatest but its for the best so they tell me.

No cure mate just an attempt to beat it up & slow it down.

Im certainly better than i was when i come in here and i will be way less of a burden on the good lady ...so its a win man.    Just got no energy and the get up and go has got up and vanished    But im def betterer than i was mucker 👍

Luvs ya man   🥰

• Like 5

That's great news mucker you will be home in time to oversee the harvest of your plants and make sure everything is cooked to OldFord standards 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, OldFord said:

But im def betterer than i was mucker 👍

Bless ya..hopefully you will be back home where you belong real soon 🙏

It's such a cunt that your going through this, really makes me quite sad everytime I think about it.

Your an amazing man to always be in such good spirits despite what you going through.

Legend 🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Revive   Mate i could be a total dick and moody fecker ,  hurt everyone around me with anger ....and still be in the same boat !

I got good people , mates , fam , friends all around me and need them !
i can come on here and lose myself for a while , good peeps , good banter and an awesome cause 🥰        
So yeah man im itching to get home and  just sit in the garden for a bit ....im not allowed out in the sun due to chemo but i can put a hat on and have an amble through the jungle soon !! 👍

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 6

@OldFord chemo must be very tiring. Gave my old man an extra four years after diagnosis, otherwise he was given six months! Treatment nearly killed him though, as immune system gets shot to pieces by the chemicals. Came down with pneumonia which nearly did away with him. Still, overall a stay of execution. Hope yours will do likewise, put off the fateful day.

Those blooms are looking marvellous. Now I see why you don't worry too much about the smell from the canna... 👍 Back home in time for harvest should be nice...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Crow River     Thanks mate ,   The chemo just totally wrecks you !
Been times this week i didnt have the energy to stand and piss.

This is my second run with it and it leaves ones in a mess,  constant real sick feeling , tired / drained / exhausted ,  but i got to just push on and the team here are awesome !     They really get behind you and push you along. 
Been doing 6hr days  5 days a wk and im ruined mate.  
literally fall asleep standing up !

Badly wanting to  get home !      Just to feel semi normal again in familiar surroundings mucker.    Not long to go mate

• Like 8

@OldFord I hope you're home and feeling more like your normal self soon mate, sounds like a horrible time in hospital brother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Military Grade   I wish mate.    Im here til fri or sat next  wk     
Soon pass ,  get my ass out of here and home 👍

• Like 5