This Years ... Varied ... Offerings 2024.

OldFord

3 minutes ago, Brother B said:

@OldFord how would I infuse honey,  got a recipie I could pinch

There isn't much to it B think the above just about explains it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Brother B    Nothing to it mucker 👍

Take 2 to 3oz of your pref nuggets. ,  decarb in chosen method. 

add half the jar of honey to the vac pack bag. , add the herb , add the last of honey ,  vac seal and massage ........chuck it in slow cooker for 2 to 3 hours with an hourly massage ......strain it ......Job done mucker :yep:

You can use ...honey , golden syrup  , treacle  ..... have fun man !   🥰

• Like 6

I also use the  old ninja slow cooker for oil & butter runs ,  again 3 hours on the low setting with a massage hourly  and the butters nice !    
  No messing with temps or burning shit ...especially when ones battered lol      

The honey for me is a firm fav ,  its not got a taint in the flavour dept and comes in fast ,  easy and inconspicuous storage especially when you do a few runs of varying herb mixes  👍      Good shelf life !    Not that it gets a chance lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, OldFord said:

I also use the  old ninja slow cooker for oil & butter runs ,  again 3 hours on the low setting with a massage hourly  and the butters nice !    
  No messing with temps or burning shit ...especially when ones battered lol      

The honey for me is a firm fav ,  its not got a taint in the flavour dept and comes in fast ,  easy and inconspicuous storage especially when you do a few runs of varying herb mixes  👍      Good shelf life !    Not that it gets a chance lol  

What I don't understand is how it works at all, beyond the trichome dust, as weed isn't sugar or water soluble technically? I'll have to give it a bash!

Awesome to see anyway and I'd never thought of vac-packed decarbing, so thanks!

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MidgeSmith     I was under the same impression as you state its not supposed to be soluble but something def infuses mucker :yep:

A few on here have had a bash and seem happy with the end results 😎

All the best with it and enjoy 👍      Let me know what you think to it mate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

@MidgeSmith     I was under the same impression as you state its not supposed to be soluble but something def infuses mucker :yep:

A few on here have had a bash and seem happy with the end results 😎

All the best with it and enjoy 👍      Let me know what you think to it mate.

I will definitely have a go.  I'm not doubting your testimony :) I just can't see how the hell it works :)

Saying that, I get high eating uncarboxylated weed (maybe its because it is a few months old and it has started decarboxylating at room temperature) but that isn't really supposed to work either.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, OldFord said:

Our very own @j.o.i.n.t has alao been introduced to the joys of infusing with the sweeter side of things and seen a few wicked items hes produced 👍

👍 And loves it. Great tip.

Maraschino cherry syrup, and a runny honey and chopotle dip( for pouring on/dipping in pizza, sweet + smokey + warming), sweet wise, so far. Next, intend to make a caramelised cream White Russian, pimping/caramelising the cream with the sous vide method you've mentioned. Sweet and creamy....that drink pleases me just thinking about making it 😆

-----

I just warmed decarbed weed (ground and mixed into honey, for example) up in a slow cooker @Brother B, somewhere between 80-100c, for at least 4 hours - but lower end of that temp range longer I did it for longer.... New to the method, tho, so still experimenting..... I only do small amounts, and do about a gram per 10ml.

I don't get how it works either @MidgeSmith. Hadn't crossed my mind till oldford suggested it.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to see whole plants lost @OldFord thats the out door gamble eh? Good to see you still had a hefty haul though 😀

Anyway I came here to catch up in your thread and now I'm gonna leave knowing how to make canna honey!! Be nice in biscuits that I rekon..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah, sorry to see you lose a fair old bit to the mould, thats a pisser but its always worth the risk.

would be gerateful for your feedback on the mohan ghetto outdoors mate, when they are dried obviously.

i get what you are saying about the peace and tranquility of just looking at them under the loupe or mag glass, ive just spent half an hour doing just that.

great diary tho, deffo outdoor diary of the year for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mad Honey looks amazing @OldFord I can just picture some in some greek yoghurt every morning. Peaches sounds good, golden syrup, treacle you can also make toffee and toffee apples for bonfire night 😂🤣

Enjoy your fruits mucker 🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@CustardVape @badbillybob

Losing the Sweets Crystal Candy ...was entirely ones own doing !

she was well in her window but i wanted some ambers , i also had a few things ongoing and had posh company at home ...so i took the gamble and lost.

Sadly it was a good looking girl , very impressive terp profile !

I did salvage 1 lowish main ...so theres a wee sample in the drying box....so its all good.      
once the Mohan x Blaster has had a wee cure i will get some nugget shots and some feedback mucker 👍   For now Thank You Very Much for the cooking and opportunity mucker.

@Bad Apple    I hope opening up the sweeter side of the canna spectrum is an enjoyable one mucker !       I have some of your beans to have a few of your beans to play with next man 🥰       Will have a good catch up in your awesome diary shortly mate.    

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about the loss of the sweet crystal candy!! 

We are a both a right fucker for ambers!!!  well cooked bit of bud 👌😋 ots a risky game outdoors and I am playing it as we speak lol but and it’s a big but when it comes good it comes real good!! :yes:

hope your all good mukka, big love stig

• Like 3

On 06/10/2024 at 15:47, OldFord said:

@murphyblue    Cheers man ,   The big Kush could prob go another week for more ambers for my liking but dont want to gamble ,  dont need the meds as bumper year !  More i dont wanna gamble and ruin Antonios hard work lol  

The mains are well done ,  will whip them off and let the lowers go ...albeit theres not many as she spread that wide the lowers are pretty much at same stage man.      Take the tops and let her go ....give her a wee test to see how she holds up & out ....as weather looks utter shit.

In your big pot .....fuck shes gonna be a sight mucker 🥰   
Colours are stunning ,  just a real nice plant !     

Lookin forward to getting smashed on her at christmas ! 

@Celtic voyager  @Brother B  Thanks guys .....yeah its been a crackin bounty this year ....using buckets with lids lol    

@Bad Apple  Thanks my friend !     Me too man ,  my outdoors season is all but over and will be trapped indoors due to the cold so the indoors will be my distraction and devotion for a while .....see how we go mucker.

Hope your good man 👍

I bet she will let you fly high during Christmas mate! 😊 to the moon and back

On 06/10/2024 at 20:09, murphyblue said:

Thanks for that dude sounds perfect for the big pot next season.👍

Will pop it early like i did the FLC bend it the same and spread her out.

She's in for a treat i got over 200L of compo ready to add to the pot end of the season plus various other ferts.

And yes same as u gonna add more hay and straw. lol

And dont forget dude and think i speak for most on here we all wanna see a OldFord "varied offerings 2025" diary.

I love Sundays to me it will always be oldford day as i love ur updates theres some god dude that might try and claim it but fuck him. lol lol

You betcha! Would be great to have a Oldford varied offerings 2025 diary! I'm sitting front row as well! 😍

Cheers btw if you plan to grow some of my Platinum Kush mate, please tag me once you are starting, would love to follow you on that journey 😉

On 06/10/2024 at 20:26, OldFord said:

@murphyblue 

large.IMG_2538.jpeg.47b63e08a4174b708991c538ef710be1.jpeg

@murphyblue    Its a lovely sight mucker 🥰    

No matter where you look theres heads  and shes not been manhandled

, got rather nice potential mate 👍

Stunning eh! 🤩 And big buds too, love it!

On 09/10/2024 at 20:06, Shumroom said:

I might have to pester Antonio for some of those Platinum Kush to try indoors 👍

Glad you’re getting more across the line :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

Just holla at me mate, sure I can find a way to send you some.. no worries!

Big up to you @Oldford Much respect and love for growing the way you've done this year, even when the chips are down you showed tremendous perseverance and skill, and you put so many smiles on our faces! 😄 garden of heaven 2024, it was amazing to follow you again in this gardening journey, I'm gonna miss it the next few months, I'm sure of that.. all the best to you bro and thanks for keeping the spirit, that's so inspirational to see! 🥰👊

• Like 3