Beginners advice on Harvesting

RougeDiablo

35 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

For me,

I make sure that the tops are well cooked,

by this time the lower buds are further on anyway.

I know I'm weird and always a contrarian, but I find my plants ripen from the bottom up lol

E2A @RougeDiablo knowing when to chop can be quite a difficult one for your first few crops but its something you tend to gain an instinct for over time, I haven't checked any trichs for ages now, I just kind of know where the plants are at. There's a pretty big window in which you can harvest, and it definitely comes down to personal preference. I often find the best way for me to learn is to make a few mistakes/test the limits of things, think it's too early? Chop a bit at that stage and see how it turns out, make sure it's a bit early etc. I'm too lazy to stagger harvests, but I think that's a good idea to start gauging what stage of ripeness your prefer. As you mentioned, if you're looking for help with sleep then a good bit of amber is probably what you're after. I find for pain that the earlier end of the window is generally just as effective as late for the most part, if I get really bad muscle spasms then the more couch lock the better.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Right then......development. 
Checked it this morning, and all the tips have gone brown, which I'm presuming is Nutritient burn? 
I've seen signs before, but this one is distinctive and all over. 
Always followed the advice that it's not too detrimental, but don't make it worse? 
I'm presuming I threw too much feed in the last watering, and it needs close monitoring, and a few water only applications. 
Please chip in if you see something amiss, because as a whole, the plant is ready, and well stocked. Be a crime to mess this up, but I find I always push the feeding, even in all my other forms of gardening. Gotta stop that 'and one extra spoonful for the Road' attitude! 🤣

large.IMG_20241005_100546.jpg.1aa51df8d11b242fc344b68461a0322e.jpglarge.IMG_20241005_100646.jpg.8a99998f96e4d60cba95ee85e482ee1f.jpglarge.IMG_20241005_100710.jpg.5c2564612ddcefaaaf4d22c8965ceaaf.jpglarge.IMG_20241005_100718.jpg.53da3ebeb9342308ee930c0fc5ab02b8.jpglarge.IMG_20241005_100532.jpg.4730a2a362ce21fda1872becd43059fd.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with giving a plain water feed. 

Then drop the feed right down to about ¼ strength ;)

Atb 

☯️

• Like 1