PC gaming

Military Grade

I am fighting setting up a project zomboid server - got enough 'self hosted' crap already, and when it breaks they come to me and I get tired of it ... That being said, my kids want us to play on the same world, and keep suggesting it so I'll probably break.

Awww, nice wholesome family apocalypse (if I can be arsed).

@Military Grade That 'strange new survival game' is the same thing, I recognise it -  just in 3D rather than isometric.... Suppose it's a bit like stories, games - there being an argument that there's only 7 of em and variations thereof... (or something like that :mashed: )

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@j.o.i.n.t Sorry i was meant to come back and reply sooner👍

I've downloaded the demo that's available on Steam, not had time to play it just yet, looks decent from the video, it's a bit like a SCUM x DayZ cross lol

Have you ever played DayZ on PC with the kids?,  Fairley easy to setup a modded server 👍

Edited by Military Grade

Hell Let loose is free to play for teh next two days 👍

Ever play Americas Army? That was a free game. Created by the US Army no less 😳

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Flamedodger Na mate, the Arma games scratch that milsim itch for me 👍

Arma 3 (very old launch trailer, game has been heavly developed since)

Their lasted game Arma Reforger, that's more like a paid beta before Arma 4

History of Arma (originally called Operation Flashpoint)

It came from technology used to make real combat simulation sold to militaries around the world.

The VBS version for the military were doing whole earth rendering long before MFS lol

If only the consumer game version(Arma) could did this, MP would be epic lol

Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Simulation used to be one company, but then split into two separate companies, one(BIS) making Military Simulation software for real countries militaries around the world, and the other(BI) Military Simulation games for gamers.

Edited by Military Grade

11 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Created by the US Army no less

Are you allowed to shoot your allies?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KC said:

Are you allowed to shoot your allies?

No, I believe you had to spend time in the nick  😁

• Haha 2

@Flamedodger I remember eating Blue on Blue 5.56 on that foggy smoked out bridge in AA more than once.

Always some reprobate with the SAW going braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap brap brap brap - into the gloom... or the back of my noggin.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I gave "Operation: Harsh Doorstop" another go, its come a long way since i last played it, also has workshop modding support now 🥳.

The battle i was playing last nigt was like playing Arma 2 warfare module on the Fallujah map. was quite fun👍

Video from 3 months ago

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

My son just started playing worms armageddon with his twin again, shopper maps and just hearing him roaring with laughter. 

Is a top 10 game imho.

I used to play it alot back in the day, made some maps.

So just had a look at a worms database and found that I had been credited with inventing a game mode, I'm sort of famous in the worms worldlol, showed my son and he couldn't believe it, nor could I really but it's there. 

Edited by bushdoc
  • Like 5

@bushdoc Worms is legendary 👍

I got a few of them on my steam account, only recently noticed that He'll Let Loose is also made by the same team lol

• Like 1

Not heard of it but not had a PC for years, tempted to buy a cheap second hand laptop just so I can play my sons at worms.

Only game I could probably beat them at.

• Haha 1