Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

So heavy mate, well beyond my ability if I'm honest 😆 I had to bribe my brother in law with beer and weed and he very kindly came over and helped me get it upstairs 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@green_machine oh right I see what you mean now. If it has a fan that blows over the cooling fins check that that is still working, also make sure it has plenty of room round it for the heat to escape off the back. Mine also can't handle being in direct sun. I guess other than that's it's just test and trace, see what's getting/not getting power etc. 

• Like 1

I hadn't @Shumroom, but as I was getting power to the LCD screen and light I assumed the fuse should be fine.

Sorry, I know very little about electrical engineering, I can change a plug but beyond that, my skills are pretty limited.

I suspect there is a motor/pump that moves the coolant through those tubes on the back which has stopped working.

I remember when I got it I used to hear a pump come on but that has stopped and it now is completely silent.

I think it might just be beyond my ability to fix so I am pretty happy to get rid of it, I have the replacement anyway.

• Like 1

Frantically creating some space before Mrs Delta gets back. 😱

Stacking two of these beasts on top of each other is going to be ok...right? I might have to rethink that 2m high Jenga stack of coolers....Mrs Delta knows that gravity always wins in the end - just look at Madonna!

The box is so fucking wide it won't go up the stairs, might have to remove it first and then try hauling it up. If I chip the new paint I'm a dead man! If you don't hear from me again I'm either crushed under a cooler or Mrs Delta has finished me off (not like that!).

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

Frantically creating some space before Mrs Delta gets back. 😱

Stacking two of these beasts on top of each other is going to be ok...right? I might have to rethink that 2m high Jenga stack of coolers....Mrs Delta knows that gravity always wins in the end - just look at Madonna!

The box is so fucking wide it won't go up the stairs, might have to remove it first and then try hauling it up. If I chip the new paint I'm a dead man! If you don't hear from me again I'm either crushed under a cooler or Mrs Delta has finished me off (not like that!).

I think that you will find out of the box it is fairly light compared... Mine was.

Just make sure the door can't fling open and bash the wall or one or tother might well break.

I think they would stack together, but I'd gaffer them together too or use industrial strength velcro as - if one slides off the other, it's over.

• Like 3

@MidgeSmith Yes I think it might be wise to position them differently, the lower one I assume will also create extra heat for its bunk buddy above.

We don't get earthquakes lol but we do get the odd rumble being over old coal mines. I think Mrs Delta will be happier if they aren't stacked.

Time to shred the accounts and bin that filing cabinet in the corner, Mrs Delta can play Fagin.

• Like 3

Personally I don't think there'd be any thermal knockon from stacking two, as the heatsink grid on the back is large and will dissipate the heat fairly evenly. I would stack them and bracket them. Absolutely great if you don't have to though, why test a theory you don't need to? :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

OK number two cooler has arrived - that was fast!

Will check them out for damage later.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So the 2nd cooler was damaged. Full refund. Didn't want it back!

I've repaired it, drilled it added the Inkbird and the cut-down dehu and silicone sealed it. I'm quite literally terrible at DIY so I'm quite proud I've managed it. First time using a circular saw - yeah, I'm that bad.

No alrams and no suprises - Pentane!

Now I've done one I'll do the other tomorrow and then I'm all set. Will add some pictures of "das unit" as I called her and now there's two I guess it should be called "Die Zwillinge" instead 🇩🇪

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

Cool bit of engineering there. Well above my skills to build anything like that.

Forgive my ignorance but what is it exactly?

Do you wet trim and put everything in there or does this unit replace the glass jars?

6 minutes ago, MistYGr33n said:

Cool bit of engineering there. Well above my skills to build anything like that.

Honestly it isn't. Hardest part of making this build is finding the correct fridge to purchase. This thread walks you through everything. Just need some basic tools and you are good.

• Thanks 1

And it's for wet trim to get a slow dry.

Put it straight in from harvest and then slowly lower the humidity over what ever time frame you like. Stores it really well too. Think I left some bud in there for a few months at one point.

• Thanks 1

@SkyRider

Thanks mate, I posted before I saw the page numbers pop up.

I was dreading the ribbing of “read the thread” comments.

Atb

MistY

• Like 1