Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

Hello all, new here!

Im looking to get myself a dry/cure fridge, I have been through a few pages to try find out myself but unfortunately I couldn't, so, what fridge do I need to dry 5 autos worth of buds 😅 I understand it can't be a compressor version, I also tried searching the eBay number but it's not working anymore unfortunately.

Can anyone assist on what fridge I need please? Thanks

You’d have to double check with the retailer to see if this is a thermoelectric cooler or not.

This looks like it might be: SIA DC1BL

Atb

☯️

Nice one thank you.

So this fridge would just require a dehumidifier and a prob as such then it's ready to use, do I not need to control the temps inside the fridge too?

Cheers

An Inkbird temp controller can be used to maintain the correct temperature inside the fridge. 

Best thing to do is is read the first couple pages of this thread. 

That's where the best information is, 

before everyone is asking about different solutions to what was originally posted. 

Atb 

☯️

• 2 weeks later...

Struggling to find one of these, seems the eBay chap is going out of busineess/closing shop so I've been waiting on that for no good reason.

I didn't really want a second hand one tbh but it might have to do as the few websites (French) I can find them on have them for 400 Euro which is a bit different to £200!

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the Cookology CWTE18BK 46L Thermo Electric Wine Cooler – 18 Bottle Capacity. I really wanted the 28 Bottle Klarkstein as two of them would have been perfect.

I would need 3 of the Cookology ones and I think Mrs Delta might think I'm taking the piss!

Edit: Hmmmm £270 for two of these brand new....quite tempting. I might wait to see if the bigger ones come back as I have another 4 or 5 weeks yet to sort it out. Don't want a last minute rush though. Been saving a few quid ready to grab 'em.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

W00t! the 28 bottle (70 Litre) Klarstein Wine Coolers are back in stock. I reckon two of these will do the trick.

Mrs Delta isn't going to be happy! Hopefully by XMAS I'll have a fridge stash.

Happy Days!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@green_machine Brilliant - I'd be quick, last time they were only in stock for a day or two. I wasn't sure they would be back so I sniped them right away. I says 10 available at the minute though.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Awesome!  I'm very happy for you :)

Thank you - I just need to get a pair of little dehumidifiers and inkbirds and I'm all set. The shelving in these units might have to go but I have time to work on that. Even with the shelving its 6 rows with room for 4 tops on each row so I reckon 24 tops might be do-able. I will need to train plants to stay lower too from now on to keep them "fridge length" lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I placed my order the moment I saw your message @DeltaMelter Should be with me next week!

I will also need to track down a new dehumidifier so let me know what you find mate, I'll see if I find anything too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey all,

I got my new klarstein yesterday (still in the box as I haven't opened it yet)!!!

I already have one of these dryers set up but, the grow before last when I was drying the inkbird relay failed and I came in to notice my temps in the fridge were 27oC and ever since then my old fridge has struggled with cooling.

This is the reason I have been looking for a replacement.

I just thought I would check quickly before I scrap the old fridge if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to troubleshoot and maybe fix this? If I could keep 2 drying fridges that would be awesome but if not it's fine I got one and will try to expand in the future.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

31 minutes ago, green_machine said:

inkbird relay failed

CBA to type it all out again, but I've covered this a couple of times which you can find if you scroll back through the thread. 

@MindSoup

I read your posts mate, it's why I know the relay had failed, and I replaced the inkbird but the fridge still won't cool even with the humidifier turned off.

It struggles to get a few degrees below room temp so I think maybe something in the fridge itself is broken and I was wondering if there is any way to fix this?

Edited by green_machine
spelling