Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

20 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

also the fridge itself creates moisture which drains out of the hole

I think this was the part where I was like "duh" I had forgotten about the general condensing on the walls etc so I see will have to suss out a drain either way. I was thinking the dehum would absorb it all but as the whole cooler is erm 'cold' it will condense I guess.

At least I have time to suss and test / break a few things to get it working, going to be a long time before another harvest yet.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 1

Mhhh in my fridge the condenser water doesn't smell at all.

Some times a lot is coming out within one day..I soak it with a towel to empty it a bit. I will also think of a better solution for this if there's a situation where Im Not at Home for a few days 🙏🏻

Im still unsure. This thread isn't clear. Can I use a standard fridge and if not, why not?

🤣
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Bought a baumatic 28 bottle thermoelectric wine cooler 2nd hand last week.
As per the guidance, a small peltier based dehumidifier was chopped and added., connected to an inkbird controller.
Shelves lined with SS mesh. System tested and working like a charm. Just waiting for my poly tunnel autos to finish up and in they go.
So a big big thanks to @FarmerPalmersNT, the creator and special shout out to @MindSoup, @blackpoolbouncer and @Chris Smith who's contributions I found particularly helpful.

A question for the creator, @FarmerPalmersNT. Can I use this fridge for drying bubble hash. I'm assuming yes as cannitrol talk about it but use the 'standard settings '. I have no idea what default they use and wonder if you had any advice.

Cheers folks. Drying has always been the trickiest part of a grow imo and this seems to have solved this issue.
  • Like 3

Yes you can, and anything you don't want drying to a total crisp.

• Thanks 1

What dehumidify differential % does everyone have there inkbird humidity controller set to? cheers

Posted (edited)
On 06/07/2024 at 15:00, highjokr said:

What dehumidify differential % does everyone have there inkbird humidity controller set to? cheers

My diff is set to 1%

Has anyone found the Inkbird controller to be way off on accuracy?

My 1st plant is in my fridge and I'm steadily bringing the humidity down, down to 67% today. 

The problem and headache I'm having with this process is the Inkbird appears to read way lower on humidity than a govee and another cheap hygrometer I've put in there, like just over 10% different. 

The govee and cheapie seem to be within a couple of %age. 

I am guessing the Inkbird must have some kind of thermometer? How else can it measure relative humidity. I think the gover should be pretty accurate as that is new. Anyone had any experience with this. 

Edited by Canoob
Typos
  • Like 1

Yeah, my inkbird is about 14% different to the other hygrometers I’ve put in there.. I went by them and seems to be about right. After 3 days at 60% I checked the bud with a firewood moisture meter and they were 10-12% 👍🏻

If you want to be sure you can use water and salt to calibrate your hygrometers. Check @Military Grades diary, he’s done a load of his recently 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

Yeah, my inkbird is about 14% different to the other hygrometers I’ve put in there.. I went by them and seems to be about right. After 3 days at 60% I checked the bud with a firewood moisture meter and they were 10-12% 👍🏻

If you want to be sure you can use water and salt to calibrate your hygrometers. Check @Military Grades diary, he’s done a load of his recently 

Yeah, IIRC the Inkbird has a calibration setting so you can bring it into equity with the other hygrometers by giving it an offset.

Yeah that's what I figured. I will go by my govee. Even with the max offset on the Inkbird at 10% it's still off by 3%. Thanks for the replies. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I just ordered a 130l thermo electric vine fridge but not sure what size of dehumidifier I should get.

Most people here have an 80l fridge and a 22w dehumidifier,

So the question is if I should get a slightly bigger dehumidifier or stick with the same as everyone else?

Might be best running 2 small ones??

A larger one may produce too much heat?

Dunno don’t listen to me though,

wait for someone who’s actually done it lol :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Might be best running 2 small ones??

A larger one may produce too much heat?

Dunno don’t listen to me though,

wait for someone who’s actually done it lol :thumsup:

Atb

☯️

Im also leaning towards 2 smaller ones. That way I'm more flexible. 

I have plenty on time until harvest comes so thought to do a test run first with a substitute of some kind.

• Like 1

They have pretty good deals on fridges right now if someone is looking for one.

Jet Frost 80 and 130l, just google it and it should pop up.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my fridge the other day and it's not thermoelectric so it's going back. I even checked with the customer service if it was a thermoelectric before I ordered but I guess they got the wrong info.

Going to get a 80l one instead.

• WOW 1

16 minutes ago, MNW said:

So I got my fridge the other day and it's not thermoelectric so it's going back. I even checked with the customer service if it was a thermoelectric before I ordered but I guess they got the wrong info.

Going to get a 80l one instead.

Ugh, shame about the disappointment.  I suppose a wait isn't the end of the world. All the best.