Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

Just now, Military Grade said:

@Ashy Sounds like a good plan👍

I wish I had space for my own cooler, would be really handy this time of year.

I'll come and bring my crop to yours after yeah? lol

Depends how much of it you want left when you collect 🤷‍♂️😂

I've never looked into grove bags before. Just did it quickly. I'll get the dry weight of this run and then order the bags I need 🤣

• Haha 1

@Ashy yeah they do some big ones, they are reusable too.

Tho I'd probably just buy new ones each time, I'm gonna be ordering some 1 ounce bags soon myself.

If you need a link just shout me a DM 👍

• Like 2

Damn - I very nearly ordered one of the Klarstein ones, gutted they've changed over :(

Are there any alternatives? I haven't had much luck other than some really small ones that wouldn't be much use.

• Like 1

I use Grove bags after 2 - 4 weeks in the cooler and I have to say they've been perfect every time for the last 2 years. Even stored in a room where the temperature varies a lot. The faults have been caused by me before I Groved them.

I'd be interested to see how much effect storing the buds open in my curing fridge would be, but I don't feel that in my case there'd be significant leeching over 3-4 months after harvest as long as the moisture was maintained, the terpenes should too. There's not a particularly significant exchange, but notice I'm not testing that theory either :)  It's been an interesting chat Ashy :)

I definitely would heat-seal the Grove bags too though. Every single account I have read about sealing vs not has found significant improvements to terp levels and longevity.  Whether they did control experiments to be certain I don't know, but I do know if I don't heat seal / once I breach the heat seal, the space they are in eventually stinks and they do dry slightly.  If I do heat seal, they are 100% odour-free until I open them and then they are as springy and... moist is the wrong word, but pliable enough that I am confident they have been perfectly in the zone and curing while they have been stored.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Military Grade said:

@Ashy yeah they do some big ones, they are reusable too.

Tho I'd probably just buy new ones each time, I'm gonna be ordering some 1 ounce bags soon myself.

If you need a link just shout me a DM 👍

I keep all mine in 1 Oz bags, they rock.  I just use the most popcorny buds for the first 3-6 months and then open up the big guns and the feast is on :)

It's worth getting a load in at a time :) Even outside of a fridge they seem to keep the buds tiptop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaMelter said:

Are there any alternatives?

Gumtree etc.. otherwise I think Cookology still do thermoelectric ones, but only up to 18 bottles. Still a decent space though, just buy two, I’m sure Mrs Delta will be cool with it…

4 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

I’m sure Mrs Delta will be cool with it…

I don't care if that was an intentional pun or not 🤣

I found a Baridi 12 Bottle Wine Cooler with Digital Touch Screen Controls & LED Light, Black - DH73 for about £185 so I might have to blag 2 of those. Deffo Thermoelectric temp range is a giveaway too:

Thermoelectric Cooling - Eliminates humming, uses less electricity and causes less vibration, making it ideal for the home environment. Range between 8-18°C, controlled by touch screen controls.

I thought Thermoelectric was relativley "new" compared to comprossor tech but I guess its the energy rating that's killing them for larger scales.

• Haha 1

Scrap that @NormanNugget the Cookology one is indeed thermoelectric with 18 bottles. 59.5D x 34.5W x 64.5H so probably a better option. £150 too so not too shabby. I could probably get 2 maybe 3 plants in there though so might have to consider that in terms of yield and I might be tempted to run an 8 weeker with a 10 weeker so I can dry one while the others finish up.

Might be a tactic to haul a bigger harvest. It also means I could get another run going without the need to leave the tent drying for 2 weeks.

Yep was just about to say cookology are cheaper, I think they look pretty smart too 😎

I wanted the cookology one really, but my Baumatic 18 bottle came up for £20 so couldn’t say no!

Pun was intentional haha.

The custom rack I made saves heaps of space, pretty simple to knock together. I reckon I could have fit 4 plants in there easily. So yeah staggering the two tents should work well!

8 hours ago, Military Grade said:

think it was @Revive who uses them without sealing too and recommends them 👍, sorry if you wasn't you bro🤞

Your correct MG been using them for the last 2 seasons now and there bang on and I highly recommend them.

No heat seal has been used either :)

I used the half pound bags and have had bud in these since November 22, aside from the ones I've opened up here and there to take bits out of the ones that haven't been open much (less favourable weed) are still fresh as a daisy.

very impressed with the Grove bags all round. @Ashy

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Revive said:

there bang on and I highly recommend them.

FFS does anyone want to buy 16 brand new 1L Kilner Jars….? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, NormanNugget said:

Pun was intentional haha.

@DeltaMelter's wife should probably be called Mrs Melter which would've been a double pun lol

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

Kilners are great too.  I like them especially to use during the local RH evaluation phase before Groving. I suppose I could seal a humidistat in the groves but I don't because that seems weird and I seal them, like a good boy, unlike certain rogues I could mention.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

If you find a buyer brother let me know,

I've got about 40 2 and 3ltr ones plus another 15 screw top 4 ltr ones lol

I've got more glass than a fuking glaziers :wallbash:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Revive  @NormanNugget     Slap em on fleabay !!

There ....could be some old grower somewhere with a plethora of plants ....who disnae huv enuff jars man lol        
Especially if the fuckers keep growing at the rate their growing lol    

Kilners especially real kilners still sell !!     
I normally raid dunelms but the nearest one closed , so def a market 👍

• Like 3