Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

6 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

There's a seller on Ebay

Search for item number 204821376169

• Like 4

20 hours ago, NormanNugget said:

Search for item number 204821376169

Inflation is a bitch, that's the exact one I bought and it was £199!

• Like 1

It seems the 28 bottle Klarstein cooler is now compressor.

No one is making Thermoelectric ones anymore above 15 bottle size, these leave very little room once the dehu is in there. 

My grow comes down in about 5 weeks and I may have to dry in the tent in the middle of summer. 

I'm beginning to panic now as I don't wanna end up with a load of hay.

• Like 1

@HondaPanMan take a look at my post above. Haven’t weighed in what I managed to get in a 18 bottle fridge, but I expect I could fit a full 3x3 tents harvest in

• Like 3

Can anyone who’s using a cooler advise me a little? 

@blackpoolbouncer @CuriousOrange @MindSoup

I’ve had the current batch in the cooler for 12 days. It’s taken itself down steadily and been sitting at 58% for two days.

I’ll be chopping another plant on Wednesday. Would you recommend I just add it to the current fridge load and let the RH increase again? Or just take the current load out, trim and jar?

I have a firewood moisture meter and think I may just measure the current load when I open it up, if it’s around 10% I’ll trim and jar, if not all back in.

Any advice would be appreciated!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

@HondaPanMan take a look at my post above. Haven’t weighed in what I managed to get in a 18 bottle fridge, but I expect I could fit a full 3x3 tents harvest in

Is that just an 18 bottle? The threaded bar is pretty genius.

27 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

• Like 1

I would not hesitate to add the new plant in to the current fridge full of it fits in there, all it will do is push the rh back up and slow down the partly dry plants which isn’t a bad thing. That said if they are dry enough to remove then that is most likely the better option, you might be in luck if they have been knocking about 58% for a bit though they will likely want a few more days to be properly dry. Your moisture meter knows the answer

• Thanks 1

Thanks @CuriousOrange exactly what I wanted to hear haha.

I wasn’t sure if it was a bad idea to raise the RH again. But ideally I want to leave it all in there and wait to trim it all together.

Also waiting for a second pair of the illusive Chikamasa B-500SRFP scissors to arrive for the trim job ✂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think you would only take them out if the bud were actually finished drying mate.

• Like 2

@NormanNugget  You wanna get snips that you squeeze and they spring back on their own, this help reduce the hand fatigue caused by scissor style trimmers👍

Something like this

71O4DTc2HAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NormanNugget said:

Can anyone who’s using a cooler advise me a little? 

@blackpoolbouncer @CuriousOrange @MindSoup

I’ve had the current batch in the cooler for 12 days. It’s taken itself down steadily and been sitting at 58% for two days.

I’ll be chopping another plant on Wednesday. Would you recommend I just add it to the current fridge load and let the RH increase again? Or just take the current load out, trim and jar?

I have a firewood moisture meter and think I may just measure the current load when I open it up, if it’s around 10% I’ll trim and jar, if not all back in.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Call me superstitious, but I wouldn't add it in with the existing material in there. It feels like it would be a greater mould risk than it is with fresh material to me.  I am probably wrong. If it has been sitting at 58% for two days and continues to sit at 58% by wednesday, I'd say it's probably dry anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@NormanNugget  Look for
"HFS(R) U-Shaped Bonsai Pruner Pruning Scissors for Bud and Leaves Trimmer 6 PCS "

610ZJ8p2KWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

on the big river, you can get 6 pairs for £5.50 👍

I would wash them in iso before you started using them tho, just to get the manufacturing greece off.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NormanNugget said:

I wasn’t sure if it was a bad idea to raise the RH again

I mean, it’s not the very bestest idea of all time, if some plants are dry enough to be removed that would be better but from personal experience and that I have read of others it’s not a problem adding extra as long as you don’t keep on doing it to the same load and thus give the rh and temps a full blown rollercoaster ride. As long as the plants don’t take any mould in with them then the stable environment seems to be enough to hold it at bay. You have your fridge properly stuffed though so you are pushing the boundaries.

• Like 3

I’ll check with the moisture meter. If it’s 10% or thereabouts I’ll take it out and stick in untrimmed in jars.

I don’t think I’ll have time to trim it tomorrow. 

I was hoping to trim and jar, then stick the jars in the fridge for a nice stable cure…

• Like 4